• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Tyson today isn’t as scary as Tyson of 1990.

I still wouldn’t advise taking a haymaker from him.

Bron is still Allstar level.

But his franchise player days are gone.

For sure.

Just trying to answer the question.

Numbers don’t always tell the whole story of a player’s impact.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Tyson puts them over the cap.

Lakers settling for Jake Paul.
I assume you are old enough to remember the big Tyson fights. I remember a lot of the Ali fights. People today don’t know what boxing was, it’s a shame.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you are old enough to remember the big Tyson fights. I remember a lot of the Ali fights. People today don’t know what boxing was, it’s a shame.
Oh yeah.

Tyson was amazing.

But post jail Tyson was even more fun.

Just a train wreck waiting to happen for somebody.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah.

Tyson was amazing.

But post jail Tyson was even more fun.

Just a train wreck waiting to happen for somebody.
If we could get in a Time Machine and go back to the buster douglas fight that would be a fun thing.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t think about Ali without thinking about Larry Holmes.

Thinking about that fight makes me want to fucking ball my eyes out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will have to make a deal to get under

Send skmeone JHS for a few seconds or something

That Christie deal was expensive for what he’s done so far and now costly
If this wasn’t already obvious, the Lakers will need to throw some bodies overboard and may have to pay a team like the Pistons or Jazz with second-round picks to take them. Most simply, L.A. could drop Christian Wood and Cam Reddish off on another team’s doorstep, re-sign Taurean Prince for up to $5.5 million and have a 14-man roster that is right at the second apron. To get a player like DeMar DeRozan with the nontaxpayer midlevel exception, however, the Lakers would likely need to part with bigger contracts — think Gabe Vincent, Rui Hachimura and/or D’Angelo Russell. Max Christie’s new deal, occupying an estimated $7.2 million on their cap sheet, remains a thorn in the Lakers’ side in this respect.

– via New York Times

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Mecca and others. The Lakers have painted themselves into a financial corner and to so-called "improve" their roster is going to be hell for them. Nobody wants to play or coach in LA. They are a toxic work environment at this point.

Lakers are basically going to be the same for the next two years hovering around the play-in tourney and depending on injuries and maybe infighting, they may make it to the playoffs or maybe not.

If they can, they should move contracts like Reddish, Vincent, and maybe Lewis. Otherwise, everyone else will be back. I don't expect DRuss going anywhere and I don't care about DeRozan either. He doesn't make them a better team. Just more of the same. Ho-hum!!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this wasn’t already obvious, the Lakers will need to throw some bodies overboard and may have to pay a team like the Pistons or Jazz with second-round picks to take them. Most simply, L.A. could drop Christian Wood and Cam Reddish off on another team’s doorstep, re-sign Taurean Prince for up to $5.5 million and have a 14-man roster that is right at the second apron. To get a player like DeMar DeRozan with the nontaxpayer midlevel exception, however, the Lakers would likely need to part with bigger contracts — think Gabe Vincent, Rui Hachimura and/or D’Angelo Russell. Max Christie’s new deal, occupying an estimated $7.2 million on their cap sheet, remains a thorn in the Lakers’ side in this respect.

– via New York Times

I’m really curious who they thought was going to pay Christie

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already knew these 2 are lame so this is no surprise

It's amazing they lasted together this long. Two diva, drama queens. Maybe bc their leader is such a professional, Steph.

But tbh they probably only win one title if it wasn't for KD IMO

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing they lasted together this long. Two diva, drama queens. Maybe bc their leader is such a professional, Steph.

But tbh they probably only win one title if it wasn't for KD IMO

Hard to say

Barnes had an all time bad series in 2016

Would he repeat that?

Maybe

Would they have signed Barnes and turned him into other pieces? Maybe