• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:crazy:

This is tough. They are close imo but what separates them? Winning. I guess you could say Duncan was a better leader.

I think on the floor they were both great, HOF two-way players, great defensively. Duncan is unanimously hailed as the best PF of all-time bc he won championships and was the leader of a dynasty with arguably the greatest coach ever. KG had one title with an overrated coach imo.

KG talks a lot. I wouldn't say KG is better but I wouldn't say Duncan is A LOT better. Almost equals IMO slight edge to Duncan.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say

Barnes had an all time bad series in 2016

Would he repeat that?

Maybe

Would they have signed Barnes and turned him into other pieces? Maybe
Yeah who knows but those pieces would not be KD and watching that series after Cleveland won the title...sub in Barnes for KD...they aren't winning. Cleveland was better the year after they won the title.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be surprised if DeRozan lands in Miami. The chances are very good and increasing by the day. The Lakers are now known as toxic-land league-wide.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is tough. They are close imo but what separates them? Winning. I guess you could say Duncan was a better leader.

I think on the floor they were both great, HOF two-way players, great defensively. Duncan is unanimously hailed as the best PF of all-time bc he won championships and was the leader of a dynasty with arguably the greatest coach ever. KG had one title with an overrated coach imo.

KG talks a lot. I wouldn't say KG is better but I wouldn't say Duncan is A LOT better. Almost equals IMO slight edge to Duncan.
Duncan was better.

KG was just louder.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just my take from that time?

There were a few years where KG was better/more impactful than Duncan IMO. I think KG’s peak was slightly higher.

But Duncan was better for longer.

And like you said, the winning thing matters too.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m really curious who they thought was going to pay Christie

They didn't want a situation like they ended up with Caruso, where a team offers him a deal larger than they anticipated and then are under a time crunch with the other decisions they have to make about whether to match the offer or not.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't find anyone that is a bigger fan of KG than me, but I have a hard time accepting his take here. I think KG was more versatile and was cursed with the worst-run franchise in basketball, but he was not better. I think the closer call than those 2 would be KG or Dirk. My personal PF rankings.

1. Duncan
2. Barkley
3. KG
4. Dirk
5. Malone

I would not argue having Mchale at 5

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't want a situation like they ended up with Caruso, where a team offers him a deal larger than they anticipated and then are under a time crunch with the other decisions they have to make about whether to match the offer or not.

You already have your number

It’s either something you’re willing to pay or not

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't find anyone that is a bigger fan of KG than me, but I have a hard time accepting his take here. I think KG was more versatile and was cursed with the worst-run franchise in basketball, but he was not better. I think the closer call than those 2 would be KG or Dirk. My personal PF rankings.

1. Duncan
2. Barkley
3. KG
4. Dirk
5. Malone

I would not argue having Mchale at 5
Karl Malone is a VILE human being.

But, 5?