• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk

I just think his cast isn’t as good and he’s out west with better, smarter franchises as well
I think if he lured Klay to LA they would be in the top tier teams in the west. Especially if Lebron played like he did last year.

They matchup well against all the top teams in the west except Denver and Denver has lost depth so far this year. Now with Klay going to Dallas. Not only do they not get that needed shooter and 3rd option but he goes to the team that won the west. He knew after that move, it was clear there was nothing significant LA could do to become that clear contender in the west

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a no trade clause.

So irrelevant now.
he could waive it

if AD went down and the team was going no where you are saying it would be a hard no? Maybe it would be now with Bronny there- maybe not. And like i said- hypothetical in any case.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James joins Phoenix Suns guard Bradley Beal as one of only two players in the NBA with no-trade clauses. The maximum deal of $104 million would put the Lakers about $1 million over the league’s new punitive salary second apron and would severely limit the team’s roster flexibility. James’ agent Rich Paul, the CEO of Klutch Sports, is planning to discuss with Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka the possibility of taking $1 million or so below the maximum to keep Los Angeles under the $188.9 million second apron, sources said.
o gosh! LeBron MIGHT take 103 million instead of 104 million??? what a guy. lol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavaliers took a huge gamble on the Mitchell deal. Early in the regular season there were SO many NATIONAL (let me repeat) NATIONAL reports that he was leaving. They can suck a big fat one.

This lets everything fall into place and helps to also keep Mobley long term.

I hope they do not trade Garland at this point- I want to see what Atkinson can do.

I saw a report of the Lakers wanting him- and they can offer like REeves, Hachimura and picks which is a big fat no if you ask me.
something else to consider based on his reaction when he was traded here is it's still a very real possibility Mitchell likes playing with garland and wants him here.

Though either way he's not untouchable and IF there is a clear upgrade for him then go ahead. But agree do not need to move him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Dallas waiting for our connecting flight to Nashville.

Cannot wait to get home.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something else to consider based on his reaction when he was traded here is it's still a very real possibility Mitchell likes playing with garland and wants him here.

Though either way he's not untouchable and IF there is a clear upgrade for him then go ahead. But agree do not need to move him.
I just dont expect there to be a huge market for him since he had a tough year-- now there was reasons for it- and I dont think Bickerstaff was a very good offensive coach....

I dont think there is a 1 for 1 type deal out there- I think anything would be for more of a pupu platter which I do not think the Cavs will have any interest in

I really think they will give Atkinson a shot to unleash Mobley and run some different things and see how he does with this group.

This group has improved every year- gotten farther every year despite some tough circumstances. Its not easy to win- it took Tatum and Brown how many years?

I think to a certain extent they are right on schedule and now have everyone of importance pretty much locked in for the next 3 seasons. I cant wait to see how it turns out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a paycut.

So Perk got to come with the toe.
honestly- it just shows you where his priorities are. LeBron's priority is not to win a title anymore- its to be in LA and play with his son and make as much money as possible----whcih is totally fine- but I think everyone knows its safe to say he is gonna be stuck on 4.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88 and @Shanemansj13

total hypothetical for you guys since its not happening anyway- listened to the radio and i was thinking about this

say the Anthony Davis has a major injury- is out for the year--- and the Lakers want to trade LeBron James since they are out of it and decide to rebuild.

how many more years would you have to KNOW that LeBron could play at a high level (and would not retire) for to trade Garland for him? I would not do it for 1 year. 2 years would be a tough choice. I WOULD do it for 3 years I think.
all depends how we look at that point, which of course will depend on what else we do this offseason (Okoro, other pick up/trade, etc)

Also, is Mobley taking a leap or semi-leap to become a #1 or potential #1 sooner rather than later?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Rob needs to get his ass on the phones.....

Exhausting every possible angle.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hield was garbage for Philly down the stretch to the point where he was benched, FYI. He seemed to lose confidence and of course has nothing but his shot to offer as a player.
yeah...this seems like dealing for a name and not much more...though guess could improve.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly- it just shows you where his priorities are. LeBron's priority is not to win a title anymore- its to be in LA and play with his son and make as much money as possible----whcih is totally fine- but I think everyone knows its safe to say he is gonna be stuck on 4.
Looks that way.

I think he was willing to make one more serious run at winning.

But the Lakers can’t seem to get top free agents, nor coaches, to take their money.

It’s partly Lebron’s fault.

Everyone knows if they win, he will get the lions share of the credit.

If they lose, he will accept none of the blame.

Hard to thrive under championship expectations when you don’t have a championship caliber roster.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks that way.

I think he was willing to make one more serious run at winning.

But the Lakers can’t seem to get top free agents, nor coaches, to take their money.

It’s partly Lebron’s fault.

Everyone knows if they win, he will get the lions share of the credit.

If they lose, he will accept none of the blame.

Hard to thrive under championship expectations when you don’t have a championship caliber roster.

The lakers also locked themselves out of any chance to improve the roster with long term deals for mediocre role players