• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t a prediction at all.

@Shanemansj13 said Klay wanted out because he was a diva and thought he was still a max player.

I said he wanted out because his feelings were hurt that the Warriors didn’t make it seem like they really wanted him.

He took less from another team because he felt disrespected by the Dubs.

Feelings hurt.
He is a diva. I was right. Again, you running in circles. Same circles about Ant wanting out bc Minny is a small market even though they are trying to build something around Ant and just got to the WCF's.

Maybe take a break lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay vs mElton

Not by a huge amount

But it’s not 2015 anymore

MElton has been the slightly better player
Oh right forgot Melton was brought in. Yeah putting aside all sentiment Melton is probably the slightly better player at this point.

Sometimes it's just time to move on.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you predicted what a player will do after not saying you are in business of predicting what players will do. Like I said.

If I'm wrong my apologies but also think you predicted Mitchell would leave and not extend, didn't you? Not a guarantee maybe but was your opinion, no?

Honestly don’t remember.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's clear the Warriors simply did not want Klay back at the cost it would take to keep him. They are betting that they can make the team better without him. Might be right too, it's really only sentimental value to keep him around. Good time for both sides to part ways, Klay is on a new contender and getting 'valued' and the Ws don't have to pay a guy some people describe as 'broken'
Honestly it was kind of a drag to watch Klay play last year. Not from his production, but his body language, attitude, etc, were all really off last year. It just didn't seem like he was having any fun out there at all. Just going through the motions.

Everyone I think needed a fresh start. I think the Warriors may have actually been a bit more open as well if Klay went out there and showed that he was still into the game and still wanting to be a part of the team. Even in Steph's farewell post on IG, he wrote how Klay gets to go have fun playing ball again.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a diva. I was right. Again, you running in circles. Same circles about Ant wanting out bc Minny is a small market even though they are trying to build something around Ant and just got to the WCF's.

Maybe take a break lol

He is a diva.

That is not why he wanted out of GS.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Honestly it was kind of a drag to watch Klay play last year. Not from his production, but his body language, attitude, etc, were all really off last year. It just didn't seem like he was having any fun out there at all. Just going through the motions.

Everyone I think needed a fresh start. I think the Warriors may have actually been a bit more open as well if Klay went out there and showed that he was still into the game and still wanting to be a part of the team. Even in Steph's farewell post on IG, he wrote how Klay gets to go have fun playing ball again.
I felt the same way that last year with KD, 2018-19, they were still dominating but it was just the same stuff and because it was expected it wasn't very much fun. KD of course was being his usual emo self too, it was a grind even though they were winning. I felt similar then to now, it was just time for KD to leave. Klay too.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a diva.

That is not why he wanted out of GS.
Pretty finely parsing it here. His diva-ness is why he wanted GS to 'value' him. His diva-ness is his feels. You guys aren't really disagreeing on why he left.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

I felt the same way that last year with KD, 2018-19, they were still dominating but it was just the same stuff and because it was expected it wasn't very much fun. KD of course was being his usual emo self too, it was a grind even though they were winning. I felt similar then to now, it was just time for KD to leave. Klay too.

It’s funny they could’ve traded KD and won the title that year if they really wanted to

And his leg might’ve not exploded

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty finely parsing it here. His diva-ness is why he wanted GS to 'value' him. His diva-ness is his feels. You guys aren't really disagreeing on why he left.

I look at it like this.

If you ignore your diva girlfriend and make her feel taken for granted…

What happens when the next guy, who is better looking than you and has a better job starts paying attention?

She gonna walk.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard wanted to leave because of a rebuild.

Mitchell might want to leave for other reasons.

Just because the Cavs and Blazers aren’t in the same situation doesn’t mean that Mitchell isn’t considering following Lillard’s playbook.

The next year is really important for Cleveland and the ultimate growth of this core. They need to prove they can take the next step.
Again, Lillard stayed in Portland for over 10 years. Mitchell resigned in Cleveland. The point you made about small markets is not true, it doesn't have to do with the small markets, it has to do with competing at high level.

You also said Mitchell wasn't that good of a player where you can build around him and not a franchise player. Well now we know that is not true as well. He is a top 15 player in this league. He has proved he is right there at a superstar level.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s funny they could’ve traded KD and won the title that year if they really wanted to

And his leg might’ve not exploded
They "could've" but you aren't trading your 2 time finals MVP off one of the greatest teams ever assembled when you are rolling to a 3rd title.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,796.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay vs mElton

Not by a huge amount

But it’s not 2015 anymore

MElton has been the slightly better player
Holy shit.

Klay averaged 17ppg on 43% and 39% shooting in 75 games.

Melton averaged 11ppg on 39% and 36%.And he played just 38 games.

They are probably about the same defensively since he isn't prime Klay.

I'm not saying Klay is way better but this is a slight downgrade. But, maybe Melton will be fine coming off the bench since Klay wasn't going to be. Apparently, that was the final straw by all accounts being reported.

Last edited:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it like this.

If you ignore your diva girlfriend and make her feel taken for granted…

What happens when the next guy, who is better looking than you and has a better job starts paying attention?

She gonna walk.
Sure. Doesn't mean you and he are disagreeing. Klay was a diva, her old boyfriend decided not to feed her diva needs, a new guy did. If he wasn't a diva he might not have left...but I think both sides wanted to move on really.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acquiring future draft capital is the opposite of short sighted

Losing your star for nothing to avoid one year of a higher tax bill is shortsighted
My guy…

There is this nifty thing that teams under the apron can do.

Which is what the Clippers are after rejecting that garbage return.

Buy 1st round draft picks.

Eating poo poo platters aren’t the only way to skin that cat.