• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers wanted Kuminga and Moody.

Y’all offered Wiggins and Payton.

Get all the way the fuck OUTTA HERE….lol

The trash for treasure days are over.

You would have George right now had his salary fit with CP3.

I much prefer having dollar tree Wiggins, DJJ at 10 m and no late round pick than eating that poo poo platter.

You weren't getting Kuminga and Moody for a guy who was capable of just leaving you for nothing. If you didn't want Wiggins, Warriors might have had to offload him somewhere else with another 1st going out. But still Kuminga was for sure off the table.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at worst the Clips could have just decided to cut bait on his salary and waive him with no penalty. They would have gotten a 1st and a few young players back, and shed 30M in cap space.
I think the W's could have offered more if they really wanted PG. That gives them another 3 years probably of competing at a very high level. I think they played hardball. Both teams lost in the end but even not including Kuminga they could have offered more imo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny. He plays the middle ground so he can say he is never wrong technically. Like saying Mitchell could leave, even though he thought he would leave. Just like now he is saying Ant could leave and when he does---he will come back and say he is right. Well it's like no shit...anyone can leave LOL

Whatever dude.

I am not in the business of predicting what players are going to do.

What I have said all along is that it is almost impossibly hard to build a contender in a small market.

That remains true.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.

But you have to understand where Klay is coming from.

He gave a lot to the Warriors.

Draymond Green getting extended after all his drama AND getting more money than Klay was being offered would be hard for anyone to take.

If the Warriors are trying to win?

You let Klay walk.

If you are trying to do right by the man who helped bring you 4 titles and had his prime cut short by 2 catastrophic injuries?

You pay him and let him finish his career as a Warrior.

And I doubt a single Warrior fan would take issue with that.

Here's the problem I have with the Warriors. They should have at least gone back to Klay and upped the figure after you saw that he was willing to walk. The only reason Draymond got that deal was because he got it from someone else. The Warriors then matched and the deal was done. Originally the Warriors offered less years and less money.

Klay just balked at the original offer and was like screw that, come back to me with something better. And the Warriors never did.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever dude.

What I have said all along is that it is impossibly hard to build a contender in a small market.

That remains true.

They deserve to brag a little given EVERYONE was saying Mitchell was gone

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny. He plays the middle ground so he can say he is never wrong technically. Like saying Mitchell could leave, even though he thought he would leave. Just like now he is saying Ant could leave and when he does---he will come back and say he is right. Well it's like no shit...anyone can leave LOL
and if he stays he just restarts the clock and says but now we have to wait and see if he asks for a trade.

So pretty much no team should ever be happy when they sign or trade for anyone.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You weren't getting Kuminga and Moody for a guy who was capable of just leaving you for nothing. If you didn't want Wiggins, Warriors might have had to offload him somewhere else with another 1st going out. But still Kuminga was for sure off the table.
They offered Wiggins, CP3 and a 2027 first rounder.

Clippers wisely said fuck all the way off.

Clippers haven’t been out of the tax for almost a decade.

Clearly they preferred this over compounding the mistake they made in the first PG trade.

Sometimes it’s best to just cut your loses.

They aren’t losing any sleep about not helping the Dubs continue to stack chips.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever dude.

What I have said all along is that it is impossibly hard to build a contender in a small market.

That remains true.
Nobody else has said otherwise so I am not sure your point.
Like I said before, if you have a FO that shows a great player you are willing to build around him...small market does not matter. Never once said they had to stay for their entire career but extend or second contract...happens all the time. The small market teams that lose their big players is bc they are mismanaged. Bad hires, lousy FO, not enough supporting cast.

Lillard stayed for over 10 years in Portland bc for most years they gave him a chance to compete a pretty high level and they made moves to accommodate him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYONE.

I know I didn’t start believing they had a shot until I saw what they really had in Brunson.

I was kinda worried about the Heat.

But Herro ain’t netting them Spida.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heck, no reason to even brag as still would like to see us add someone to help improve and take another step (though healthy could do that).

But if some want to simply own they were wrong about Mitchell leaving I wont stop them....so far no takers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is fine.

Just be ready if the other shoe drops.
So you are insinuating he will leave before he is a FA or a year out? Or are you in the middle ground again? Don't come back and say I told you so then lol

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are insinuating he will leave before he is a FA or a year out? Or are you in the middle ground again? Don't come back and say I told you so then lol

If the Cavs trade him 2 years from now people gonna say "I told you so" lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,796.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers wanted Kuminga and Moody.

Y’all offered Wiggins and Payton.

Get all the way the fuck OUTTA HERE….lol

The trash for treasure days are over.

You would have George right now had his salary fit with CP3.

I much prefer having dollar tree Wiggins, DJJ at 10 m and no late round pick than eating that poo poo platter.
Yep.

LOL at Dollar Tree Wiggins.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYONE.

I know I didn’t start believing they had a shot until I saw what they really had in Brunson.

I was kinda worried about the Heat.

But Herro ain’t netting them Spida.
Cannot say I knew he was staying as hard to ever know but never really thought our chances were any worse than 50-50 based on his comments/actions.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is fine.

Just be ready if the other shoe drops.
What other shoe?

At first I thought you were just having a general discussion on not taking your foot off the peddle just because you got a Dude signed.

I agree.

He could become disgruntled if the Knicks, Celtics, 7ers continually snuff his team.

But, this post kinda sounds like you are actually predicting him wanting out.

I don’t want to put words in your mouth.

But that’s how it looks.