• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, he has done a phenomenal job.

However, it gets really tricky once you pay the big 3.
Watching teams try to keep up is pretty tricky too. The big 3 are baked into everything.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct that it’s tough for a small market. Looking at what Presti has set up for the next decade is a pretty impressive attempt though.

And I am all in on what OKC has done.

They are the exception, not the rule.

They needed a lot to go right to get to where they are, and they will need a lot more to continue to go right to pay it off with a title.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am all in on what OKC has done.

They are the exception, not the rule.

They needed a lot to go right to get to where they are, and they will need a lot more to continue to go right to pay it off with a title.
For sure. Some local people here were critical of the Topic pick since he won’t play next year. I asked the question exactly how many minutes do you think were available for a draft pick there? It was a perfect move for the future. I’m anxious to see what happens with all the draft picks next year, he is going to have to do something with them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all my time as a Wolves fan they have never had a GM like they do now. I am confident because I think they make the moves to stay competitive, which makes it more likely Ant sticks around.

I don't think Ant cares about their abysmal history.
Guessing he was among the others who also said Mitchell will leave as soon as able so right not to take too seriously.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing he was among the others who also said Mitchell will leave as soon as able so right not to take too seriously.
I never said I thought he would leave, but I will point out that taking max money really means nothing in the current climate. That is something that should be corrected.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are betting they will be gone. The Spurs are one of the best run organizations in professional sports.

And there is a long history of young star basketball players leaving markets like Minnesota at their first opportunity to do so.
"Long history" Other than Shaq who is on this list pre-Lebron who took less and left? I'm sure there are some but long list?

Especially from teams who looked poised to win assuming Wolves still are when he can go.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,796.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. Some local people here were critical of the Topic pick since he won’t play next year. I asked the question exactly how many minutes do you think were available for a draft pick there? It was a perfect move for the future. I’m anxious to see what happens with all the draft picks next year, he is going to have to do something with them.
I was too initially but it's a move towards year 2.

And it could pay off huge when he does step on the court.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

I do think KAT and Gobert create problems for Minnesota long term that will be difficult to solve.

Not to mention all that draft capital they gave up to acquire Gobert, and on the Dillingham trade.

They have no firsts to deal.

That is a pretty significant obstacle at this stage of a build.

I am almost always betting against any small market franchise building a legit, sustainable championship contender because it is exceptionally hard to do.

So of course I am going to bet against Minnesota also.

Maybe they prove me wrong?

But 2030 is a long way off.
For sure nothing is guaranteed. Lot of work to do. Every chance it falls apart. The most difficult part for any team is to get a true superstar which the wolves have. I think they have the gm to keep it competitive.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said I thought he would leave, but I will point out that taking max money really means nothing in the current climate. That is something that should be corrected.
are you saying because he could take the max but later demand a trade?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta be happy with Spida signing that three year deal.

And ha-ha-ha to all that said there was no way Mitchell stays in Cleveland.
sure...and was never a time I thought he was unhappy here. Did I know he'd stay? Nope...never really do until they sign (or at least agree to sign).

Guess now they can shift to "he only signed to get the max and will ask for a trade later".

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,796.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be interesting to see what happens when the Celtics are sold.

Is the new owner going to want to continue to pay the players or will he trade some of the contracts off for players that are coming off the books and draft picks?

Looks like the current owner wants to cash out and retire as an owner to avoid paying these contracts and the penalties coming.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no idea they had the presser for the new coach, atkinson, today--- well see--- everyone seems to be more than confident he is signing but id rather have pen on paper.
and even more confident now....though I guess still 4 days until pen can be on paper.

Next up I would think is what happens with Okoro......would not be at all surprised if Detroit/JB makes a huge offer for him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said it was a risk. I wasn’t one who said he was for sure gone.

Even still, you don’t know yet.

Because the new play is the Lillard.

Sign your extension for all the money and demand your trade a year later.

You can say that the people who claimed Mitchell would never sign the extension are wrong. That is definitive.

But you can’t say that he plans to be in Cleveland long term unless he is still on the roster in a year and a half.

So it isn’t time for Cleveland fans to take their victory lap just yet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think exactly the opposite actually.
My first thought was I agreed with him......but something to this as does seem in NFL and MLB players are more likely to just go where the money is. But I do think IF they are still winning Edwards will agree to stay. But ya never know.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Long history" Other than Shaq who is on this list pre-Lebron who took less and left? I'm sure there are some but long list?

Especially from teams who looked poised to win assuming Wolves still are when he can go.

What?

Is this a real question?

It isn’t just about free agency. Most often it manifests in some type of forced trade.

And there is a long list.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure nothing is guaranteed. Lot of work to do. Every chance it falls apart. The most difficult part for any team is to get a true superstar which the wolves have. I think they have the gm to keep it competitive.

I hope for your sake you are correct.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is going to be interesting to see what happens when the Celtics are sold.

Is the new owner going to want to continue to pay the players or will he trade some of the contracts off for players that are coming off the books and draft picks?

Looks like the current owner wants to cash out and retire as an owner to avoid paying these contracts and the penalties coming.

Yup

My guess is the Red Sox owner will get involved and slice it down

And never pay the tax again

He’ll be acting like the buss family