• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any player in general doesn’t spend their entire career in any market. If you get a player to stay on one or two contracts after their rookie contract that is a win. I don’t think anyone is saying he will be there forever but if you expect him to ask for a trade in the next couple years, I would highly doubt that. The FO seems committed to building a great product around him when that happens, location matters very little

I don’t expect that.

I expect him to be off of the Wolves by 2030 and I expect that 2031 pick to be quite valuable.

Which is what this entire conversation was about.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,796.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Lance.

OKC and Dallas got better. Minnesota had a great season but they are going to have difficulty keeping up. Not to mention all the other improving teams in the next few years in the WC. The Spurs could be really good in another 2-3 years. While KAT and Gobert get older.

Edwards is going to demand a trade at some point. Probably by 2028-2030.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their gm has found guys first in Denver and now minny

But he’s gonna need to stick the landing trading one of their centers to make it last
Agree, it won't be easy bc that Gobert trade

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj reporting that is what he is eligible for.

He is reporting the contract he would be eligible for if he opts out after 3 years of this current deal he just inked and signs a new extension then.

So him reporting it is cart WAY before the horse.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Lance.

OKC and Dallas got better. Minnesota had a great season but they are going to have difficulty keeping up. Not to mention all the other improving teams in the next few years in the WC. The Spurs could be really good in another 2-3 years. While KAT and Gobert get older.

Edwards is going to demand a trade at some point. Probably by 2028-2030.
Wolves improvements come from their young players, people are too focused on Gobert amd Kat. Edwards, McDaniels, and Reid are the future. All 3 have not yet reached their prime.

The main risk is if Reid opts out and Gobert does not next offseason. Keeping Reid is critical. NAW is almost guaranteed to be gone which is a bummer.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,796.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors paid Dray 100 mill but Klay was the proverbial red headed stepchild to GS when it came to getting his money.

Who has more left in the tank?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves improvements come from their young players, people are too focused on Gobert amd Kat. Edwards, McDaniels, and Reid are the future. All 3 have not yet reached their prime.

The main risk is if Reid opts out and Gobert does not next offseason. Keeping Reid is critical. NAW is almost guaranteed to be gone which is a bummer.

Yes and no.

I do think KAT and Gobert create problems for Minnesota long term that will be difficult to solve.

Not to mention all that draft capital they gave up to acquire Gobert, and on the Dillingham trade.

They have no firsts to deal.

That is a pretty significant obstacle at this stage of a build.

I am almost always betting against any small market franchise building a legit, sustainable championship contender because it is exceptionally hard to do.

So of course I am going to bet against Minnesota also.

Maybe they prove me wrong?

But 2030 is a long way off.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

I do think KAT and Gobert create problems for Minnesota long term that will be difficult to solve.

Not to mention all that draft capital they gave up to acquire Gobert, and on the Dillingham trade.

They have no firsts to deal.

That is a pretty significant obstacle at this stage of a build.

I am almost always betting against any small market franchise building a legit, sustainable championship contender because it is exceptionally hard to do.

So of course I am going to bet against Minnesota also.

Maybe they prove me wrong?

But 2030 is a long way off.
You are correct that it’s tough for a small market. Looking at what Presti has set up for the next decade is a pretty impressive attempt though.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,796.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct that it’s tough for a small market. Looking at what Presti has set up for the next decade is a pretty impressive attempt though.
Sure, he has done a phenomenal job.

However, it gets really tricky once you pay the big 3.