• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think they folded? You are better than that. Dallas was damn lucky to get out of that series, to the extent that Irving is still saying so.
Dallas won and OKC lost. The only thing that matters.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup you examine that series closely you see that the Thunder were a split second away from getting that series back home for a game 7. It was a dead even series.
Dallas was just better….even with a gimpy Luka.

Williams was mid for a few games and Dallas’ centers looked like Ben Wallace and Rodman on the boards.

That will not happen again.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think they folded? You are better than that. Dallas was damn lucky to get out of that series, to the extent that Irving is still saying so.
They lost right?

So, yeah.

It happened the way most predicted.

Only difference was, it was Dallas not the Lakers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding Klay will give them championship experience so it really only goes against your point. Also, give them one of the most clutch shooters of all-time.

Dallas is plenty experienced without Klay.

And Caruso and Hartenstein bring more to the OKC than Klay and Marshall do to Dallas IMO.

The moment is less likely to be too big for JDub and Chet next year.

To me, Dallas benefitted from being in the right place at the right time last year. Not to say they couldn’t make it through the West again, but I would bet strongly against that.

With or without Klay.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Caruso and Hartenstein bring more to the OKC than Klay and Marshall do to Dallas IMO.

To me, Dallas benefitted from being in the right place at the right time last year. Not to say they couldn’t make it through the West again, but I would bet strongly against that.

With or without Klay.
That is what I think also.

The WC fave changes year to year but the Thunder are loaded right now. And Minny still gonna be good with their draft....Dallas could be really good but lose out due to other circumstances.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read it for yourself.

I don't think that article makes any sense. Why would the Lakers pursue a Vincent trade exception when they have the MLE potentially available? Using the Hardaway exception would've made sense had Dallas re-signed DJJ instead of signing a free agent (Marshall) with more than the TPMLE portion of their full MLE. I think it's probably aggregating comments/info from before Dallas signed Marshall perhaps?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas won and OKC lost. The only thing that matters.
Yeah.

Not sure why the word folded has him triggered.

They were the #1 seed and lost to a 5 seed.

Folded works.

Bucks folded, Denver folded, Clippers clipped, Minny folded…

You get the point.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t aggregate but you can send out salary to create the room to make them fit

Aggregating salaries would hard cap the team at the first apron, but using the the MLE already did that, so no penalty as long as they can fit everything under that first apron.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With or without Klay.
You forget the fact that Chet was playing a rookie center. Lively is only getting more experience. Washington and Gafford get an offseason. Marshall is actually a better fit than DJJ and gives them more size.
Dallas needed shooting just as much if not more than OKC needed rebounding. You are underestimating what Klay can do in Dallas. Takes a ton of pressure off Kyrie and Klay.
I think OKC benefitted too. They played an battered New Orleans team and got to rest. Luka was injured the entire playoffs and Kyrie was not himself. You are only looking at it from one side of things.
Both teams will improve and fill a huge weaknesses. Most importantly, Dallas would essentially have three closers now adding Klay

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

I’m used to it.
Playing Devils Advocate, Porter is a talented offensive player who can help offset some of PG's offense while DJJ is a younger player and a solid defender....not elite but decent to solid.

No?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say we salary dump Russell and some other players to make more space to get Klay but he opts for the Mavs.

The Lakers are fucked.