• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Offseason

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, they can't add them and then trade for Klay. Has to be one or the other I believe.

Have to be a backup plan.
Not true. Other trades won't change anything other than the pieces available for the S&T for Thompson as long as they stay under the first apron.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that article makes any sense. Why would the Lakers pursue a Vincent trade exception when they have the MLE potentially available? Using the Hardaway exception would've made sense had Dallas re-signed DJJ instead of signing a free agent (Marshall) with more than the TPMLE portion of their full MLE. I think it's probably aggregating comments/info from before Dallas signed Marshall perhaps?
Dude, the article is from July 1.

I think you just don’t WANT it to make sense.

The same path to Klay has been discussed by Windy TODAY on ESPN.

They can use the trade exception to get Klay.

Philly is also a sign and trade candidate…allegedly.

Reactions: DJ

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say we salary dump Russell and some other players to make more space to get Klay but he opts for the Mavs.

The Lakers are fucked.
You would also need Bron to take 20-25 mil haircut, no?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas was just better….even with a gimpy Luka.

Williams was mid for a few games and Dallas’ centers looked like Ben Wallace and Rodman on the boards.

That will not happen again.
Yup and in the end everyone talks about the rebounding but the numbers show it’s not as bad as thought. Overall rebounding for the 6 games was 271-243 Dallas. A few bad stretches made it look worse than it was, but it happened. In the end if Shai could have played just a little better defense for a split second longer that series goes back to the OKC. Ifs don’t count though, but a series that ended up tied 640-640 was not something that was inevitable, far from it. Ask Irving how hard it was, or just wait until he talks about it again.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Devils Advocate, Porter is a talented offensive player who can help offset some of PG's offense while DJJ is a younger player and a solid defender....not elite but decent to solid.

No?
Oh, they won’t be dogshit.

But not top 6 in the West either.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

Not sure why the word folded has him triggered.

They were the #1 seed and lost to a 5 seed.

Folded works.

Bucks folded, Denver folded, Clippers clipped, Minny folded…

You get the point.
I don’t get triggered, I talk facts. I’ll keep doing so.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forget the fact that Chet was playing a rookie center. Lively is only getting more experience. Washington and Gafford get an offseason. Marshall is actually a better fit than DJJ and gives them more size.
Dallas needed shooting just as much if not more than OKC needed rebounding. You are underestimating what Klay can do in Dallas. Takes a ton of pressure off Kyrie and Klay.
I think OKC benefitted too. They played an battered New Orleans team and got to rest. Luka was injured the entire playoffs and Kyrie was not himself. You are only looking at it from one side of things.
Both teams will improve and fill a huge weaknesses. Most importantly, Dallas would essentially have three closers now adding Klay

I didn’t forget any of that.

Luka has had playoff runs before. Kyrie has been around the block and back.

OKC’s stars were there for the first time.

Role players gaining experience helps some.

It is the stars that matter most and OKC’s had none.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still surprised they didn't pay PG. Opening their new arena without their full star power is a questionable decision.
I don’t blame anyone for choosing not to pay someone in this day and time. These contracts can become toxic so quickly.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins, Moody, 1st and future 1st swap for Markkanen.
Use MLE for Demar Derozan. As a signing bonus gets naming rights to Draymond's next child.

We back.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup and in the end everyone talks about the rebounding but the numbers show it’s not as bad as thought. Overall rebounding for the 6 games was 271-243 Dallas. A few bad stretches made it look worse than it was, but it happened. In the end if Shai could have played just a little better defense for a split second longer that series goes back to the OKC. Ifs don’t count though, but a series that ended up tied 640-640 was not something that was inevitable, far from it. Ask Irving how hard it was, or just wait until he talks about it again.
I mean…

I watched the series.

Dallas was close to beating the Thunder game 4.

It could have gone 7.

It could have been over in 5 as well.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t forget any of that.

Luka has had playoff runs before. Kyrie has been around the block and back.

OKC’s stars were there for the first time.

Role players gaining experience helps some.

It is the stars that matter most and OKC’s had none.
Yep

That is what I was saying during the reg season....but they got that experience. And after adding Caruso and iHart they are looking like the fave in the WC next season.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggins, Moody, 1st and future 1st swap for Markkanen.
Use MLE for Demar Derozan. As a signing bonus gets naming rights to Draymond's next child.

We back.
Did you just see what the Nets got for Bridges?

LOL.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just see what the Nets got for Bridges?

LOL.

Bridges was locked up long term. Markkanen is expiring and could walk for nothing. Way different value systems for these guys.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, the article is from July 1.

I think you just don’t WANT it to make sense.

The same path to Klay has been discussed by Windy TODAY on ESPN.

They can use the trade exception to get Klay.

Philly is also a sign and trade candidate…allegedly.

Who are the Sixers going to S&T? Hield and Melton?

It has nothing to do with what I want, it's just want I believe the apron rules allow. I've said I don't want to do a S&T for Thompson ideally.

Here's what triggers a hard cap at the first apron:

1. A team acquires a player via an inbound sign-and-trade
  2. A team uses the Non-taxpayer MLE to sign a free agent
  3. A team uses the Bi-annual Exception to sign a free agent
  4. A team acquires a player via trade or waiver claim using a Mid-level or the Bi-annual Exception — The new CBA allows teams to acquire player(s) via trade or waivers using the Non-taxpayer MLE but not the Taxpayer version so acquiring a player via this mechanism, even if their salary is below the Taxpayer MLE, will define the used MLE as the Non-taxpayer one and trigger the hard cap at the First Apron, not the Second
  5. While over the cap, a team takes in salaries greater than what they send out in a trade — for 2023–24 the line is 110% of outgoing salaries and drops to 100% for all season after that
  6. During the playing season, a team signs a player that was waived in-season off a contract that paid more than the Non-taxpayer MLE
  7. A team uses a TPE generated before the end of the previous regular season *
  8. A team acquires a player via traded player exception, either in a simultaneous or non-simultaneous trade, whose current contract was previously moved via a sign-and-trade
The Mavericks already did #2 by agreeing to sign Marshall (unless they somehow convert that to a S&T with the Pelicans). Mavs are at $174M, first apron is $178M.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridges was locked up long term. Markkanen is expiring and could walk for nothing. Way different value systems for these guys.
Ainge still going to get more than what you offered. The team trading for him will lock him up.