• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never about the money while he was here. His agent submitted a market value deal that Allen and snyder were not interested in a they threw it in his face.

You have said repeatedly that cousins left because he wanted to be the highest paid qb and that is not true.

He left because the front office didnt want him.

at first yes, the front office didn't want him. After that he got a fully guaranteed deal from Minn which made him the highest paid in the league. He played FA perfectly he never countered Allen b.c he didnt want to be here after the lowe ball offer and he got big money to leave. It was a win-win for him.

Plus we had an opportunity to trade him to SF for the #2 overall pick and more (which skinsdad denied)and Allen blew that too.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at first yes, the front office didn't want him. After that he got a fully guaranteed deal from Minn which made him the highest paid in the league. He played FA perfectly he never countered Allen b.c he didnt want to be here after the lowe ball offer and he got big money to leave. It was a win-win for him.
You are misremebering this Dean.
You said...at first? After the front office rejected the offer, what efforts were made to keep him on a long term deal? Tagging him is not a long term effort to keep him.

He didn't want to be here because of the low ball offer and the fact that he wasn't wanted. Getting big money had nothing to do with him leaving this organization.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are misremebering this Dean.
You said...at first? After the front office rejected the offer, what efforts were made to keep him on a long term deal? Tagging him is not a long term effort to keep him.

He didn't want to be here because of the low ball offer and the fact that he wasn't wanted. Getting big money had nothing to do with him leaving this organization.

right, he didn't want to be here after the low-ball offer. If he wanted to be here, he could have countered the low-ball offer. He didnt and signed the Tag. He played well on the tag and got the deal from Min. There were 2 mistakes, 1st not giving him a good offer to stay here. 2nd not trading him when we had the opportunity to do so.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, he didn't want to be here after the low-ball offer. If he wanted to be here, he could have countered the low-ball offer. He didnt and signed the Tag. He played well on the tag and got the deal from Min. There were 2 mistakes, 1st not giving him a good offer to stay here. 2nd not trading him when we had the opportunity to do so.
That I agree with mostly.
He played well 2 times under the tag as you know.

About the trade, it was never going to happen. Snyder was never going to trade cousins to SF and Shanahan right.

It could have been 5 1st round picks and snyder would have said no. Not sure why it is brought up as it was never a real option.

The same owner who hired PIs to tail other owners and tried to intimidate cheerleaders who spoke out.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I agree with mostly.
He played well 2 times under the tag as you know.

About the trade, it was never going to happen. Snyder was never going to trade cousins to SF and Shanahan right.

It could have been 5 1st round picks and snyder would have said no. Not sure why it is brought up as it was never a real option.

The same owner who hired PIs to tail other owners and tried to intimidate cheerleaders who spoke out.

the trade was brought up b/c we could of did it and get a franchise QB in the draft. We would have gotten out of our blunder of not signing him long term. Allen and Synder screwed us b/c it was KS in SF. They put their ego above what was best for the team. There was no way in hell KC was coming back here after he never counteroffered Allens low ball deal. They should of knew that They blew that trade and got Alex SMith which we had to give up picks for. When Smith suffered a career ending injury it just screwed us even more.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the trade for Alex Smith which was Allen and Snyder basically saying see you to Cousins. After the trade Cousin's had no choice but to move on

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the trade for Alex Smith which was Allen and Snyder basically saying see you to Cousins. After the trade Cousin's had no choice but to move on

KC was moving on regardless and got a fully guaranteed deal from Min. Allen and Synder had to do something at the QB position b/c of this major gaff that they made in the whole KC situation. So they traded for Smith.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the Sheehan segment. Good info. People are split on Jayden. Boom or bust it seems. When I hear people say Jayden is a straight line runner, they are telling me they haven't watched much of Jayden without telling me.

I've seen Jayden cut on a dime and make DBs fall over (Alabama).

Maye did have much more on his shoulders at UNC. He made a good point there.

As far as Kirk....I guess this will be a thing until he signs somewhere else. Someone in that
building, not sure who, obviously has Kirk on their radar.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Daniels really being compared to LJ as in playstyle or just weight...because if its being proclaim he's Lamar....I'm bout to watch all the film i can on him

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Daniels really being compared to LJ as in playstyle or just weight...because if its being proclaim he's Lamar....I'm bout to watch all the film i can on him
Lamar is a more powerful runner and has a much bigger frame. I think in time Jayden can be a much better passer from the pocket than Lamar.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar is a more powerful runner and has a much bigger frame. I think in time Jayden can be a much better passer from the pocket than Lamar.

Thanks i need to watch some film, i went from not knowing the kid despite his season, to jumping on the bandwagon from comments, to now actually seeing what i like about him. Lamar is solid from the pocket with the exception of deep ball misses. But adding legit WRs has helped. So if you're saying we may have another guy a tier below im interested. I've seen Mayes film and its stupid nice , dual threat as well. I just can't recall any big wins this year. Caleb to me still has god tier film despite the win loss column.
Its a tough position we are in

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a couple of guys this morning that agreed with me that Daniels is in between a Griffin compared to Jackson type runner.

A lot of people are picking who they want where I have said all along I am going to support whatever the FO decides to do. For that reason I am not going to decide on a favorite.

I agree about the Cousin rumors. Because he is the number 1 FA QB he is going to be rumored everywhere. JP Findlay said there are odds on where he will go and Washington was the fifth highest odds.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I am going to chime in here .there was no trade deal in place because Snyder and Allen would not do business with Shanahan .

KC isn’t a good option for us because this team isn’t built to win now and at 34 KC is A stop gap solution.

No one is saying KC would have won any superbowls here but the debate is we will have gone through 20. Soon to be 21 qbs to replace him which I was told would be easy to replace .

The main issue for KC not resigning here besides the low balling and reneging on his contract is Snyder was running a human trafficking operation at the park and KC ain’t going for that .

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the trade was brought up b/c we could of did it and get a franchise QB in the draft. We would have gotten out of our blunder of not signing him long term. Allen and Synder screwed us b/c it was KS in SF. They put their ego above what was best for the team. There was no way in hell KC was coming back here after he never counteroffered Allens low ball deal. They should of knew that They blew that trade and got Alex SMith which we had to give up picks for. When Smith suffered a career ending injury it just screwed us even more.
It is pointless to bring it up because there was zero % chance of it happening.

It's kinda like saying that we called KC and offered a package for Mahomes and then claim " we could have gotten Mahomes if KC would have just taken the trade". It ignores reality.

You can go the hypothetical route all you want and lay out the alleged domino effect it would have caused.

The bottom line is that it was never going to happen and you are wasting your time believing it would have changed the trajectory of the franchise.

To each their own though. Again, I am not a hypothetical type of poster so I will stay out of the debate.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why we can't be optimistic and mimic the season the Texans had as far as making the playoffs. The Texans had a new coach, decent o-line and Nico Collins who outplayed Mclaurin but i don't see as better than him. As much as it would awesome to have Kirk, if we hit on QB, Coach and some FA on defense, and the draft lol....we may have a solid playoff bound year. Plus the eagles now look shaky, and NYG may lose Barkley. Dallas will continue to be regular season gods and nothing more. Could be our time to start building

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why we can't be optimistic and mimic the season the Texans had as far as making the playoffs. The Texans had a new coach, decent o-line and Nico Collins who outplayed Mclaurin but i don't see as better than him. As much as it would awesome to have Kirk, if we hit on QB, Coach and some FA on defense, and the draft lol....we may have a solid playoff bound year. Plus the eagles now look shaky, and NYG may lose Barkley. Dallas will continue to be regular season gods and nothing more. Could be our time to start building
Possible, but the Texans had the 2nd and 3rd pick in the draft and hired the coach of the year.