• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer Jayden, but if it's Maye and he hits, I'll be the first in line trying to buy a #10 Maye jersey. Gotta keep up the momentum and the good vibes. Big pick for Adam.
Don't get me wrong part of being a fan is playing what I would do if I was GM. Especially with a number 2 pick. For me because I have to do it for me is to not fall in love with one guy or another.

LOL, I won't be standing in line to buy anyone's jersey until they change the name of the team. I tried to talk myself into a hat after Peters was hired and just can't do it. I am never going to be a Commander.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong part of being a fan is playing what I would do if I was GM. Especially with a number 2 pick. For me because I have to do it for me is to not fall in love with one guy or another.

LOL, I won't be standing in line to buy anyone's jersey until they change the name of the team. I tried to talk myself into a hat after Peters was hired and just can't do it. I am never going to be a Commander.
Lol.....I've already mapped out on Fanatics how to stich a name onto a Redskins jersey.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pointless to bring it up because there was zero % chance of it happening.

It's kinda like saying that we called KC and offered a package for Mahomes and then claim " we could have gotten Mahomes if KC would have just taken the trade". It ignores reality.

You can go the hypothetical route all you want and lay out the alleged domino effect it would have caused.

The bottom line is that it was never going to happen and you are wasting your time believing it would have changed the trajectory of the franchise.

To each their own though. Again, I am not a hypothetical type of poster so I will stay out of the debate.

Jay Gruden admitted it so i don't know where your getting hypothetical. Even if Synder and Allen didnt want to trade KC to SF, they could have traded him to another team if they put him on the trading block. Point is it was a big mistake not to take offer for KC at the time.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I am going to chime in here .there was no trade deal in place because Snyder and Allen would not do business with Shanahan .

KC isn’t a good option for us because this team isn’t built to win now and at 34 KC is A stop gap solution.

No one is saying KC would have won any superbowls here but the debate is we will have gone through 20. Soon to be 21 qbs to replace him which I was told would be easy to replace .

The main issue for KC not resigning here besides the low balling and reneging on his contract is Snyder was running a human trafficking operation at the park and KC ain’t going for that .

Fine but they could have done business with another team to trade KC. Why would Gruden bring it up?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine but they could have done business with another team to trade KC. Why would Gruden bring it up?
Because gruden wasn't the GM Dean. Gruden probably didn't know half of what was going in. Allen ran a crappy front office, why on earth would you think he would keep gruden in any kind of loop?

How do you know allen didnt try to trade cousins to another team outside of the 49ers?
You don't.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because gruden wasn't the GM Dean. Gruden probably didn't know half of what was going in. Allen ran a crappy front office, why on earth would you think he would keep gruden in any kind of loop?

How do you know allen didnt try to trade cousins to another team outside of the 49ers?
You don't.
dean,the last really good gm washington had was beathard.casserley was decent,not as good to beathard.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Gruden admitted it so i don't know where your getting hypothetical. Even if Synder and Allen didnt want to trade KC to SF, they could have traded him to another team if they put him on the trading block. Point is it was a big mistake not to take offer for KC at the time.
It was hypothetical that the trade was ever a realistic option for this organization. It was never going to happen. I don't care what gruden says because he doesn't have the entire story. It is common knowledge Snyder was never going to do anything to help Kyle Shanahan. As such, no, it is absurd to bring it up repeatedly. We have a better chance of a godzilla sighting than Snyder agreeing to a trade with Kyle shanahan.

Again, how do you know they didn't try to trade cousins. Do you have a report from Bruce Allen or Dan Snyder saying they did not try to trade kirk cousins? I don't.

You do this type of thing.

You bring up a hypothetical situation with corresponding dominos and then ask for feedback.

Last week, you asked what I think would happen if the bears did x, then the Cardinals offered us x to trade back, then the patriots drafted x. That is all fine, but I am the last poster who you probably ask that to.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't.

b/c it would have gotten out that KC was on the trading block. No Gruden wasn't the GM but knew there was interest in KC.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean,the last really good gm washington had was beathard.casserley was decent,not as good to beathard.
I probably should step away. Over 4 years, I have fallen into deans hypothetical trap posts and regretted it.

It is a message board so playing the hypothetical game is fair. I just dont see the point in it.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably should step away. Over 4 years, I have fallen into deans hypothetical trap posts and regretted it.

It is a message board so playing the hypothetical game is fair. I just dont see the point in it.
i think the allen and mayhew terms as gm were more cartoonish than anything.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was hypothetical that the trade was ever a realistic option for this organization. It was never going to happen. I don't care what gruden says because he doesn't have the entire story. It is common knowledge Snyder was never going to do anything to help Kyle Shanahan. As such, no, it is absurd to bring it up repeatedly. We have a better chance of a godzilla sighting than Snyder agreeing to a trade with Kyle shanahan.

Again, how do you know they didn't try to trade cousins. Do you have a report from Bruce Allen or Dan Snyder saying they did not try to trade kirk cousins? I don't.

You do this type of thing.

You bring up a hypothetical situation with corresponding dominos and then ask for feedback.

Last week, you asked what I think would happen if the bears did x, then the Cardinals offered us x to trade back, then the patriots drafted x. That is all fine, but I am the last poster who you probably ask that to.

I cant say if there was a formal offer from the 49ers. No one can prove that. Why would Jay Gruden just pull that out of his ass? There has to be some truth to it. Point is they could have traded the KC. It was a bad front office move not to do so.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c it would have gotten out that KC was on the trading block. No Gruden wasn't the GM but knew there was interest in KC.
How do you know any of that Dean?

You are assuming and treating gruden as the source of truth. You didnt even like gruden as a coach or cousins as a qb.

Gruden is a bitter ex coach who is getting air time by venting about the commanders. He has an agenda and he has some great points.

But you are making assumptions and that hasn't been good for you in the last. You assumed EB was going to be the offensive GM and couldn't have been more wrong. That was never going to happen.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant say if there was a formal offer from the 49ers. No one can prove that. Why would Jay Gruden just pull that out of his ass? There has to be some truth to it. Point is they could have traded the KC. It was a bad front office move not to do so.
I am sure there was an offer from the 49ers and they knew just as well as I that it was never going to materialize.

Gruden is trying to stay relevant and will continue to try to expose more madness of the snyder tenure. Do I believe most of it
.yes, but I don't know if I believe all of it. He has an agenda Dean.

I still don't care if the offer was formal or not, it doesn't matter. It was never going to happen. I am sure Allen was told to hang up or not call back.

You can keep tracing the qb chaos back to a missed trade but you are wasting time.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know any of that Dean?

You are assuming and treating gruden as the source of truth. You didnt even like gruden as a coach or cousins as a qb.

Gruden is a bitter ex coach who is getting air time by venting about the commanders. He has an agenda and he has some great points.

But you are making assumptions and that hasn't been good for you in the last. You assumed EB was going to be the offensive GM and couldn't have been more wrong. That was never going to happen.

of course, i can't prove it. KC wasnt untradeable. just my opinion. The point is KC COULD have been traded. AS far as EB. for the 1000th time, that what they said on the espn report.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, i can't prove it. KC wasnt untradeable. just my opinion. The point is KC COULD have been traded. AS far as EB. for the 1000th time, that what they said on the espn report.
I think you misunderstood the report but whatever. It was something you thought was a good idea and you tried to convince skinsdad and me that it was a good thing.

Again, not going to go down the hypoethical rabbit hole from something that could have happened over 5 years ago.

Knock yourself out though.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no information on any other teams wanting to trade for KC . Why ? Because they could wait us out until he walked . Hence there were no other options

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no information on any other teams wanting to trade for KC . Why ? Because they could wait us out until he walked . Hence there were no other options

true but weren't guaranteed to land the guy in FA either. Synder and Allen screwed this team over in that situation.