• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb is the best QB in the draft hands down, maybe an argument for the best player too. Now, i think the issue is whats going on in that head of his, especially if he's not winning games right away. It was odd to see him melt down emotionally this season, or rather how it was media fodder. Not saying we all didn't have a good cry playing football and losing certain games BUT...I wonder if he can handle the criticism that comes with losing

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest question about which to take hinges on the slight frame on Jayden Daniels. While there are natural injury concerns for everyone entering the NFL, I want to leave you all with a bit of history and a question.
Daniels at Arizona St., had a playing weight of 185 pounds. His current weight (LSU) is 210 pounds.

So, the question for you all is... if his weight at the Combine is somewhere between 217 and 221 pounds do you still have those concerns?
I'll speak for myself. I think I suffer from seeing RG3 almost get his leg snapped by Ngata. He had a slight frame too but was bigger than Jayden.

Now Jayden knows how to slide and does appear to be better at protecting himself. For me his weight is ancillary. He just has a real slender frame and he's a QB that likes to run.

Getting a vet in here or Brissett might buy him time to pack on some muscle. Handling him the way the Packers handled Love might work but there will be so much pressure to play him week one.

I for one would love to have him out there for the home opener with Ben on the sidelines with a headset on. FedEx would be packed with our fans.

His weight would not keep me from drafting him. The SEC is the NFL light. Some of those teams would crush most of the teams in the UFL that will be playing in March. The SEC is professional football, let's be clear.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest question about which to take hinges on the slight frame on Jayden Daniels. While there are natural injury concerns for everyone entering the NFL, I want to leave you all with a bit of history and a question.
Daniels at Arizona St., had a playing weight of 185 pounds. His current weight (LSU) is 210 pounds.

So, the question for you all is... if his weight at the Combine is somewhere between 217 and 221 pounds do you still have those concerns?
No , not at all

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t spend a number 2 overall pick and sit him . The great ones mostly played right away . It’s one thing when you have a Roger’s or Farve to groom a qb. Or a smith to groom Mahomes. But we have a Howell and if a Williams , maye or daniels drafted at number 2 overall can’t beat out a Howell then you drafted a bust .

And if Howell performs then you wasted a number 2 overall pick and can’t recover the value for him

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t spend a number 2 overall pick and sit him . The great ones mostly played right away . It’s one thing when you have a Roger’s or Farve to groom a qb. Or a smith to groom Mahomes. But we have a Howell and if a Williams , maye or daniels drafted at number 2 overall can’t beat out a Howell then you drafted a bust .

And if Howell performs then you wasted a number 2 overall pick and can’t recover the value for him

I thought we were hoping Howell looks good enough to trade, we need him to look well

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll speak for myself. I think I suffer from seeing RG3 almost get his leg snapped by Ngata. He had a slight frame too but was bigger than Jayden.

Now Jayden knows how to slide and does appear to be better at protecting himself. For me his weight is ancillary. He just has a real slender frame and he's a QB that likes to run.

Getting a vet in here or Brissett might buy him time to pack on some muscle. Handling him the way the Packers handled Love might work but there will be so much pressure to play him week one.

I for one would love to have him out there for the home opener with Ben on the sidelines with a headset on. FedEx would be packed with our fans.

His weight would not keep me from drafting him. The SEC is the NFL light. Some of those teams would crush most of the teams in the UFL that will be playing in March. The SEC is professional football, let's be clear.
If folks were more forthcoming, I believe that they would also admit to having a bit of an RGIII, syndrome as it relates to Daniels. That's the reason why I posted as I did with respect to him gaining weight.

It still intrigues me to witness the unprofessionalism of too many franchises in the NFL when it comes to developing the most important position in the game. It remains one of a few businesses that deem it perfectly OK to immediately employ these young men as headliners without giving at least some cursory time to better prepare them.

I still wouldn't want to start him, there's plenty of time for that, but to start him right away completely eliminates opportunity to further hone his skills and shortcomings. Given the technology that currently exists (VR, etc.) There's no reason to get these guys better prepared for the professional game.

I completely agree with you about the SEC.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell me why you can't select a QB at #2 and sit him? Is it because it's unprecedented? Unseemly? How about stupidly traditional?

Do you really need or have to have a Roger's, Favre, or Smith type in place for it to work? Can it work even if you have a Howell or Brissett?

If Howell performs well, the only thing that changes is what the former 5th round pick nets you in return via trade.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me why you can't select a QB at #2 and sit him? Is it because it's unprecedented? Unseemly? How about stupidly traditional?

Do you really need or have to have a Roger's, Favre, or Smith type in place for it to work? Can it work even if you have a Howell or Brissett?

If Howell performs well, the only thing that changes is what the former 5th round pick nets you in return via trade.
Because you blow one year of a rookie deal on nothing . What is Sam going to mentor anyone on ? How much do you pay Brissettt ? How many HOF. Qbs sat year one as a top 5 pick ? Was in. Stupid when you started either manning yr one ? Big Ben ? Rivers ? Marino ? Elway ? Aikman ? Stroud ?

You are in a different era

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you blow one year of a rookie deal on nothing . What is Sam going to mentor anyone on ? How much do you pay Brissettt ? How many HOF. Qbs sat year one as a top 5 pick ? Was in. Stupid when you started either manning yr one ? Big Ben ? Rivers ? Marino ? Elway ? Aikman ? Stroud ?

You are in a different era
Who says that it had to be a year?
QB coaches are hired for a reason, and Sam's sole responsibility would be to show well in order to increase his value to another team as a player.
Brissett is likely pissed after being relegated as a backup to Howell when he knew he was better. (Btw; so did I) So, it's going to cost more than what he was last paid.
How many potential HOF fame QBs or for that matter merely good ones flamed out because they were rushed into starting not more readily prepared?
Some of those guys struggled starting early others did not but that is not the point. Properly equipped and prepared and how that relates to improving the current 50% hit/miss ratio is a conversation worth having and more important worth trying.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tanner Mordicae?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.