• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record for whatever reason I saw a fair amount of Maye his first year and I was impressed. Since then meh .... but I am not an NFL scout. Although I was right about Griffin, Cousins and Haskins. I have also been wrong on Mac Jones and Zach Wilson.
I've been hit and miss too.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, thanks for posting that, it was truly interesting and in a lot of ways, affirming!

I have zero issues with anyone who has taken the time and put in the work to make their evaluations. If there are folks who like Maye, I support and defend their viewpoints. The real fun begins sometime after the draft when they get to work and face NFL competition.
I can't wait! I am so ready for FA, the draft, and camp. Week 1 will be electric.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hit and miss too.
Even the professionals are, it is not an easy job.

Yeah, hard to be chilled because we all excited to see what is going to happen. I'm old and Sty is older (sorry Sty) I don't think either one of us ever thought we would see a Washington team without Snyder as owner.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the professionals are, it is not an easy job.

Yeah, hard to be chilled because we all excited to see what is going to happen. I'm old and Sty is older (sorry Sty) I don't think either one of us ever thought we would see a Washington team without Snyder as owner.
Hahaha......well I'm 48. I was just old enough to remember to good times. I want this for my 24 year old son more than myself. He actually has started texting me about the Skins again.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as heralded but more accomplished:

MSN

So not predicted to be as good as Williams, Daniels, Maye or Penix. I get that but what if the new GM and HC like him? Trade back a couple of spots and get Harrison early. Trade back from 2 to 3 or 4 and pick up a pick? Couple of extra picks allowing McCarthy to be drafted and add at least one pick.

I am not advocating, just presenting another option I believe most will say hell no. There are a few Michigan QBs who have done pretty well to GOAT in the past, Just food for thought. He was coached by an NFL QB.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MSN

So not predicted to be as good as Williams, Daniels, Maye or Penix. I get that but what if the new GM and HC like him? Trade back a couple of spots and get Harrison early. Trade back from 2 to 3 or 4 and pick up a pick? Couple of extra picks allowing McCarthy to be drafted and add at least one pick.

I am not advocating, just presenting another option I believe most will say hell no. There are a few Michigan QBs who have done pretty well to GOAT in the past, Just food for thought. He was coached by an NFL QB.
McCarthy is a backup QB

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MSN

If we walked away from the draft with Harrison Jr. I certainly wouldn't cry about it. That guy looks like the next Art Monk.

I don't know much about McCarthy other than the National Championship game and a few quarters here and there throughout the season. He didn't seem like someone I wanted to try and win a Superbowl with.

From the articles you posted, there were a few scouts that were really high on him though.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is your standard woe is me post.

Who said Maye is better. It seems to me that most like Daniels better than Maye.

You have proven college states, you don't have proven NFL stats because that is impossible for any of these guys.

Being an OC or DC is not proof of their ability as a HC. They are different jobs.

Your posts are all the same .... "they said" and "I don't know how someone can think differently." Let me know when you get an NFL job. I know I don't have one.

You could be right about the coach .... I don't have a favorite .... you could be right about the QB .... I don't have a favorite. My standard comment before they even had the 2nd pick was I am going to let the new FO do their job and support them.
Outstanding!

Thanks for the amazing insight here. I value your opinion.

I sincerely apologize that my posts don't meet your approval and expectations. I will work more diligently in the future to come up with original material.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outstanding!

Thanks for the amazing insight here. I value your opinion.

I sincerely apologize that my posts don't meet your approval and expectations. I will work more diligently in the future to come up with original material.
In has nothing to do with my expectations. It's the "somebody" gave me a hard time and "a bunch of posters think this and I don't understand how they can think that way." If you disagree with them have a debate. Everything here is an opinion, not a fact. If I give and opinion and you don't agree that is fine, if we both are on opposite sides of the fence then we can say "we'll have to agree to disagree.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we walked away from the draft with Harrison Jr. I certainly wouldn't cry about it. That guy looks like the next Art Monk.

I don't know much about McCarthy other than the National Championship game and a few quarters here and there throughout the season. He didn't seem like someone I wanted to try and win a Superbowl with.

From the articles you posted, there were a few scouts that were really high on him though.
Honestly I don't know either. That's why I said I should read some more about him. I watched him a fair amount but never got super excited about him.

PFF has him No. 6 2024 NFL Draft Position Rankings: Quarterbacks | NFL Draft | PFF

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting this. Interesting insights. I like that he thinks Josh is pushing the team in the right direction.

I don't have time studying some of the top QBs this year so I hesitate to pick someone and am going to trust our new FO.

I'd love to hear more about JJ McCarthy. I think towards the end of the college season he was rated higher. Many had him as the most pro ready QB, not necessarily the highest rated.
I have been slamming tape on him in the prospect thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can a Carson Palmer type get you to Supernowls ?

We should have a shot at Williams or Daniel’s

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don’t take qb then you are saying Sam is your qb . That has to be the mindset

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3