• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of stature he's very close to Herbert in a lot of ways but that is where all comparisons between the two stops. In terms of style of play, delivery, footwork, and general QBing skills are concerned, Maye is a near perfect clone of Carson Palmer. The thing that differentiates the two is Palmer's footwork was more refined. Given enough time to work on that difference I am convinced that Maye can make major strides towards becoming a perfect clone of Palmer. I hope that this helps!
Oh that sounds encouraging

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake Maye's 40 time is 4.65 seconds

Carson Palmer's 40 time is 4.60 seconds

Carson Palmer Injury history:

January 8, 2006 ... MCL tear grade 3, ACL tear grade 3, Patella dislocation, tissue damage around his kneecap.

November 9, 2014... ACL tear grade 3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that sounds encouraging
I have never, not once, intimated that this guy can't play I'll state flatly in this space that Drake Maye can play but what I won't do is back off of my assertion that he's is the 4th (perhaps 5th, depending Nix combine) best QB in this draft. That has already been proven using factors already known.

1. Despite people's "feelings" Williams is the near consensus top QB in the draft.
2. In the voting for the Heisman as best QB this past year Daniels won it and Penix finished second.

Here are the top 10 vote-getters and the total points each player received 5: (See if Maye is listed) * indicates QB.

1. *Jayden Daniels (LSU) - 2,029 points
  2. *Michael Penix Jr. (Washington) - 1,701 points
  3. *Bo Nix (Oregon) - 885 points
  4. Marvin Harrison Jr. (Ohio State) - 352 points
  5. *Jordan Travis (Florida State) - 85 points
  6. *Jalen Milroe (Alabama) - 73 points
  7. Ollie Gordon II (Oklahoma State) - 31 points
  8. Cody Schrader (Missouri) - 9 points
  9. Blake Corum (Michigan) - 28 points
  10. *J.J. McCarthy (Michigan) - 21 points
How about the Davey O'Brien award for the best QB of 2023?

Maye was named one of the top 20 guys for this award, but he did not make the cut as a finalist. the three that did were in order of finish...

1. Jayden Daniels, LSU
2. Bo Nix, Oregon
3. Michael Penix, Jr., Washington

An interesting note from this voting is... Best Player Not On the Finals Ballot: Jalen Milroe, Alabama (Hmmm ??? I'm not sure that I agree with that)

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see him as the 3rd best . williams , daniels maye pennix then nix

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never, not once, intimated that this guy can't play I'll state flatly in this space that Drake Maye can play but what I won't do is back off of my assertion that he's is the 4th (perhaps 5th, depending Nix combine) best QB in this draft. That has already been proven using factors already known.

1. Despite people's "feelings" Williams is the near consensus top QB in the draft.
2. In the voting for the Heisman as best QB this past year Daniels won it and Penix finished second.

Here are the top 10 vote-getters and the total points each player received 5: (See if Maye is listed) * indicates QB.

1. *Jayden Daniels (LSU) - 2,029 points
  2. *Michael Penix Jr. (Washington) - 1,701 points
  3. *Bo Nix (Oregon) - 885 points
  4. Marvin Harrison Jr. (Ohio State) - 352 points
  5. *Jordan Travis (Florida State) - 85 points
  6. *Jalen Milroe (Alabama) - 73 points
  7. Ollie Gordon II (Oklahoma State) - 31 points
  8. Cody Schrader (Missouri) - 9 points
  9. Blake Corum (Michigan) - 28 points
  10. *J.J. McCarthy (Michigan) - 21 points
How about the Davey O'Brien award for the best QB of 2023?

Maye was named one of the top 20 guys for this award, but he did not make the cut as a finalist. the three that did were in order of finish...

1. Jayden Daniels, LSU
2. Bo Nix, Oregon
3. Michael Penix, Jr., Washington

An interesting note from this voting is... Best Player Not On the Finals Ballot: Jalen Milroe, Alabama (Hmmm ??? I'm not sure that I agree with that)
Yet, we have to hire Johnson and he must demand that maye be the pick...

Or else there will be trouble.....lol

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake Maye's 40 time is 4.65 seconds

Carson Palmer's 40 time is 4.60 seconds

Carson Palmer Injury history:

January 8, 2006 ... MCL tear grade 3, ACL tear grade 3, Patella dislocation, tissue damage around his kneecap.

November 9, 2014... ACL tear grade 3
Is Carson being considered for the upcoming draft?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast forward to 13:50 to hear him breakdown the #2 options and his veiw on Caleb, Daniels, Maye, and McCarthy

Screenshot_20240121_213812_YouTube.jpg

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, we have to hire Johnson and he must demand that maye be the pick...

Or else there will be trouble.....lol
Hopefully, they will do the work and pick the BPA for the position. If they do that, I'm certain that the pick will be Williams if he's still there or Daniels, if he's still there.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, they will do the work and pick the BPA for the position. If they do that, I'm certain that the pick will be Williams if he's still there or Daniels, if he's still there.
Daniels basically broke college football last year and I am being told maye is better.

We all have our opinions. That is what makes a message board fun.

What doesn't make a message board fun is making a statement and then not being able to support it....at all. Yet, still passing it off as fact.

I believe daniels is a superior qb to maye, I have literally provided in depth stats that show that. I still actually like maye.

If i put qb A and then qb B, fans would pick daniels stats 100% of the time if names were left off.

Same with Macdonald over johnson. I am not sure how anyone can logically debate that Macdonald is not a better coordinator than Johnson. I have shown that as well. Again, I actually like Johnson a lot as well. Is Macdonald a better leader than Johnson, I dont know.

I think some fans and posters like Johnson because they see his name repeatedly mentioned by beat writers. I doubt some of these folks can list 3 facts about him. He is just the trendy pick right now.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast forward to 13:50 to hear him breakdown the #2 options and his veiw on Caleb, Daniels, Maye, and McCarthy

View attachment 351975
This is an interesting evaluation in its near match of my own, but a little bigger Mac Jones as the comp for Maye? C'mon! Perhaps he's speaking of Maye in a worst-case scenario, but even then I have his worse-case comparison as someone like Dante Culpepper. In a best-case scenario, I'm sticking with someone like Carson Palmer as a near-perfect match. I do agree with him about that missing "wow" factor, arm talent, and clear inconsistencies.

One other thing, the best fit for someone like JJ McCarthy is Minnesota. Why because my comp of him is Kirk Cousins and if they can get a younger version of him I think that they won't fall into that "needing a QB" group for some time.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 351975
Thanks for posting this. Interesting insights. I like that he thinks Josh is pushing the team in the right direction.

I don't have time studying some of the top QBs this year so I hesitate to pick someone and am going to trust our new FO.

I'd love to hear more about JJ McCarthy. I think towards the end of the college season he was rated higher. Many had him as the most pro ready QB, not necessarily the highest rated.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting evaluation in its near match of my own, but a little bigger Mac Jones as the comp for Maye? C'mon! Perhaps he's speaking of Maye in a worst-case scenario, but even then I have his worse-case comparison as someone like Dante Culpepper. In a best-case scenario, I'm sticking with someone like Carson Palmer as a near-perfect match. I do agree with him about that missing "wow" factor, arm talent, and clear inconsistencies.

One other thing, the best fit for someone like JJ McCarthy is Minnesota. Why because my comp of him is Kirk Cousins and if they can get a younger version of him I think that they won't fall into that "needing a QB" group for some time.
His eval of Maye is about the same as mine. Nothing jumps off the screen. With all these QBs it will be about fit. It's just one man's opinion but I found it interesting.

Orlovsky, who loved Wentz..lol, but I have found to be sharper than most, loves Maye and thinks he might be better than Caleb.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting this. Interesting insights. I like that he thinks Josh is pushing the team in the right direction.

I don't have time studying some of the top QBs this year so I hesitate to pick someone and am going to trust our new FO.

I'd love to hear more about JJ McCarthy. I think towards the end of the college season he was rated higher. Many had him as the most pro ready QB, not necessarily the highest rated.
Yeah, I promised myself I wouldn't crush any of the qb's I wasn't high on. I'm crossing my fingers that after the work is done, the conclusion and consensus is Daniels. If not, I'll be a little disappointed, but I'll trust Peters until he gives me a clear reason not to.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniels basically broke college football last year and I am being told maye is better.

What doesn't make a message board fun is making a statement and then not being able to support it....at all. Yet, still passing it off as fact.

I believe daniels is a superior qb to maye, I have literally provided in depth stats that show that. I still actually like maye.

If i put qb A and then qb B, fans would pick daniels stats 100% of the time if names were left off.

Same with Macdonald over johnson. I am not sure how anyone can logically debate that Macdonald is not a better coordinator than Johnson. I have shown that as well. Again, I actually like Johnson a lot as well. Is Macdonald a better leader than Johnson, I dont know.

I think some fans and posters like Johnson because they see his name repeatedly mentioned by beat writers. I doubt some of these folks can list 3 facts about him. He is just the trendy pick right now.
This is your standard woe is me post.

Who said Maye is better. It seems to me that most like Daniels better than Maye.

You have proven college states, you don't have proven NFL stats because that is impossible for any of these guys.

Being an OC or DC is not proof of their ability as a HC. They are different jobs.

Your posts are all the same .... "they said" and "I don't know how someone can think differently." Let me know when you get an NFL job. I know I don't have one.

You could be right about the coach .... I don't have a favorite .... you could be right about the QB .... I don't have a favorite. My standard comment before they even had the 2nd pick was I am going to let the new FO do their job and support them.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not disagree with you on the QB ranking. If Williams is #1 then Daniels is #1A and there is little if any debate about ranking him ahead of Maye.

I have to admit that my focus this year has been on players far more than executives and coaching. To me, they are no different than the players in that they have to show me something when working for our team and I'll evaluate from that point forward. It's nice to imagine them here based on what they've done elsewhere, but whatever they've accomplished came within the organizational structures where they worked. We can only hope at this point that Josh Harris and Co. will put together a similar or better organization that allows them to add more to their already impressive resumes'

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I promised myself I wouldn't crush any of the qb's I wasn't high on. I'm crossing my fingers that after the work is done, the conclusion and consensus is Daniels. If not, I'll be a little disappointed, but I'll trust Peters until he gives me a clear reason not to.
We know that no GM is perfect and they will miss .... just like fans do. We get some right and we get some wrong. I like having Peters for the GM though.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His eval of Maye is about the same as mine. Nothing jumps off the screen. With all these QBs it will be about fit. It's just one man's opinion but I found it interesting.

Orlovsky, who loved Wentz..lol, but I have found to be sharper than most, loves Maye and thinks he might be better than Caleb.
For the record for whatever reason I saw a fair amount of Maye his first year and I was impressed. Since then meh .... but I am not an NFL scout. Although I was right about Griffin, Cousins and Haskins. I have also been wrong on Mac Jones and Zach Wilson.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The main reasons I am high on Johnson is because the Lions were ranked #3 in offense in 2023 and #4 in 2022. He resurrected Goff's career, he's young, he believes in balance, and I kinda want to marry my new HC with my new QB.

The main reasons I am high on MacDonald is because he feels like a safe option. For him to leave Baltimore, their defense takes a dip, he comes back and they are immediately dynamic said a lot. He's also young, and very energetic. I don't think he will flop as a HC. In my opinion, his floor may be higher than Ben's.

All things being equal, I'd prefer my QB not to have to learn a new system or adjust to a new OC every three to four years.

Those are the two though, that I'd feel real good about.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, thanks for posting that, it was truly interesting and in a lot of ways, affirming!

I have zero issues with anyone who has taken the time and put in the work to make their evaluations. If there are folks who like Maye, I support and defend their viewpoints. The real fun begins sometime after the draft when they get to work and face NFL competition.