• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is a great stat. he doesnt turn the ball over.
Let's be fair about him... of the four (Williams, Penix and Maye) Daniels runs into sacks more often when under pressure. (He also escapes more often) In that particular aspect, it's a double edged sword.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is your standard woe is me post.

Who said Maye is better. It seems to me that most like Daniels better than Maye.

You have proven college states, you don't have proven NFL stats because that is impossible for any of these guys.

Being an OC or DC is not proof of their ability as a HC. They are different jobs.

Your posts are all the same .... "they said" and "I don't know how someone can think differently." Let me know when you get an NFL job. I know I don't have one.

You could be right about the coach .... I don't have a favorite .... you could be right about the QB .... I don't have a favorite. My standard comment before they even had the 2nd pick was I am going to let the new FO do their job and support them.

Pot, meet kettle.

Wow.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pot, meet kettle.

Wow.
As the board malcontent, you can't have an opinion chiller.

You literally drove cousins out of town with your hurtful remarks. We would have had 6 super bowls by now...but no...you ruined it for all of us.

I have had it with you..

Name the time and place....

I am going to teach you some manners!

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim 1/22/24

Morris and Quinn interview this week.

Search could really drag on, especially if the Lions and Ravens make the Superbowl.

Bienemy is not gonna happen. Made it seem like he has an outside shot as OC if a defensive coach is hired, but didn't seem confident about that either. Bienemy and Peters have ties at UCLA.

Has not heard Vrabel's name. Same with Harbaugh. Not sure if either of those guys would mesh with Peters. "Aligned vision." Both guys would command a level of authority. Doesn't mean they are out.

Leadership qualities over hot coordinator or play calling. Ideally the HC would have all of that. Do not dismiss defensive coach, but ideally offensive coach.

Mentioned how Ben has maximized Goff. Said Ben Johnson, MacDonald, Morrris and Quinn are not wedded to their systems. All of them adapt well to their talent.

Skins are looking for someone who can hire a good staff.

Gibbs from Detroit was on the Skins radar and if he had fell to 16 they would have probably taken him. Said he would have been perfect for Bienemy's system.

Skins debated taking Branch in the 1st, but Keim feels Quan Martin will end up being a really good player. Mathis has shown he was not worth a 2nd round pick.

Robinson Jr. and Rodriguez Jr. will fit well in Ben's power run game style. Skins have to find a Gibbs type of runner.

Said at the 19:35 mark that the funny thing about Ben Johnson's offense is Kirk Cousins would operate it very well. Said Kirk would execute the power run/play action game very well. It's what he does and mentioned that Kirk was a free agent and said he'll get to that another time.

Started watching Daniels and Maye. Caleb is THE top guy. Said Caleb will be #1 and the only guy that even has a chance to pass Caleb is Jayden.

Said he's heard guys that played QB in the NFL say they like Maye the best. Mentioned Hasselbeck.

Talked about how hard it is to defend a mobile QB. Forces defenses to play a certain way. Said Daniels might have the edge over Maye because of that. Did say Daniels is not the runner Lamar is.

Said Maye was better in 22 than he was in 23. A lot of time left though. Hard to project who the pick will be until the coach is hired.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL insider reveals Ben Johnson's potential OC if he lands a head coaching jobA little tid bit if Johnson is the choice

Who we didn't draft is like talking about what you thought the woman you married would be like. JMO There is a reason there are new sheriffs in town.

Many times we think hiring a highly regarded coordinator translates equally to what the HC will do. If you are Kyle, Andy etc. that might be true. Hiring a good staff is as important as hiring GMs. HCs etc.

I did a bunch of studying on Maye and Daniels tonight .... both have warts and both have strengths. If you just look at their college stats Daniels is the man. He throws a great deep ball but most often the guy was open by at least two yards. kbso you posted a low lights video of each. Daniels seemed to be go deep or take off .... Robert Griffin. I saw him turn down a lot of under passes that would have worked and intermediate was so so. Maye has strengths but is off target on some throws. He also did not seem to see underneath receivers. Timing and anticipation were not a strong point for either player. Not unusual for college players. Highest ceiling to Daniels, highest floor to Maye.

Agree that Daniels is not Lamar who has moves he hasn't used yet. Daniels is in between Griffin and Lamar as a runner and IMO as a passer closer to Griffin. I don't mean it can't work but throwing with anticipation is needed. I thought mostly straight line speed with a little wiggle. Saw him take some hits that might have been concerning in the NFL. Maye closer to Big Ben style then Josh Allen as a runner ... IMO. I also thought he needed more anticipation.

I don't count mocks as gospel and it is still early but more of them think Maye will be drafted by Washington. Not my opinion, just what I saw.

Just to stir the pot a little if Johnson or Slowik were hired I could see signing Cousins. He loves the play action pass and has way more experience than anyone coming out of the draft. He would cost a lot more money but would be a better QB for at least two years. I still think Minn. signs him and if Purdy craps his pants Kyle might take a chance on him. Kyle needs to win soon or it is a whole new team.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be fair about him... of the four (Williams, Penix and Maye) Daniels runs into sacks more often when under pressure. (He also escapes more often) In that particular aspect, it's a double edged sword.

right, it depends on what type of QB the team wants.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lean towards Daniel’s but as I see it either one is a good prospect

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don’t take qb then you are saying Sam is your qb . That has to be the mindset
And he may be. But he hasn’t earned it yet. We have to take a qb with our first or second pick. A slight trade back could be an option depending on what we believe chicago does.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL insider reveals Ben Johnson's potential OC if he lands a head coaching jobA little tid bit if Johnson is the choice

Who we didn't draft is like talking about what you thought the woman you married would be like. JMO There is a reason there are new sheriffs in town.

Many times we think hiring a highly regarded coordinator translates equally to what the HC will do. If you are Kyle, Andy etc. that might be true. Hiring a good staff is as important as hiring GMs. HCs etc.

I did a bunch of studying on Maye and Daniels tonight .... both have warts and both have strengths. If you just look at their college stats Daniels is the man. He throws a great deep ball but most often the guy was open by at least two yards. kbso you posted a low lights video of each. Daniels seemed to be go deep or take off .... Robert Griffin. I saw him turn down a lot of under passes that would have worked and intermediate was so so. Maye has strengths but is off target on some throws. He also did not seem to see underneath receivers. Timing and anticipation were not a strong point for either player. Not unusual for college players. Highest ceiling to Daniels, highest floor to Maye.

Agree that Daniels is not Lamar who has moves he hasn't used yet. Daniels is in between Griffin and Lamar as a runner and IMO as a passer closer to Griffin. I don't mean it can't work but throwing with anticipation is needed. I thought mostly straight line speed with a little wiggle. Saw him take some hits that might have been concerning in the NFL. Maye closer to Big Ben style then Josh Allen as a runner ... IMO. I also thought he needed more anticipation.

I don't count mocks as gospel and it is still early but more of them think Maye will be drafted by Washington. Not my opinion, just what I saw.

Just to stir the pot a little if Johnson or Slowik were hired I could see signing Cousins. He loves the play action pass and has way more experience than anyone coming out of the draft. He would cost a lot more money but would be a better QB for at least two years. I still think Minn. signs him and if Purdy craps his pants Kyle might take a chance on him. Kyle needs to win soon or it is a whole new team.
I agree. I think Daniels ceiling is much higher than Drake's but Maye on the surface looks like his floor is higher.

Everyone talks about the "cannon" Maye has. I just don't see it. Jay Cutler, Flacco, RG3.....those guys had arms. Maye has a nice arm, but it's not a "cannon" and neither is Jayden's. Jayden does throw a better deep ball imo.

I did see Jayden take some hits, I would not want him to take on Sundays. I guess my concern with Maye is, yes, he didn't have to weapons Jayden had, but he played in a lesser conference, threw more picks last year than Jayden didnin his last two years combined.

You know, I'm a big fan of Keim. He called Brissett months before FA. He had a pod where all he talked about was leadership qualities and aligned vision and then that's all Peters talked about in his press conference.

Keim just doesn't throw stuff out there. When he brought up Cousins I said WHOA! We'll see.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think Daniels ceiling is much higher than Drake's but Maye on the surface looks like his floor is higher.

Everyone talks about the "cannon" Maye has. I just don't see it. Jay Cutler, Flacco, RG3.....those guys had arms. Maye has a nice arm, but it's not a "cannon" and neither is Jayden's. Jayden does throw a better deep ball imo.

I did see Jayden take some hits, I would not want him to take on Sundays. I guess my concern with Maye is, yes, he didn't have to weapons Jayden had, but he played in a lesser conference, threw more picks last year than Jayden didnin his last two years combined.

You know, I'm a big fan of Keim. He called Brissett months before FA. He had a pod where all he talked about was leadership qualities and aligned vision and then that's all Peters talked about in his press conference.

Keim just doesn't throw stuff out there. When he brought up Cousins I said WHOA! We'll see.
I am a Keim fan as well, most blow smoke. I like Snider and Phillips too.

I have the luxury of not making the pick. :D I am going to leave that up to the guys who get paid to do it. I don't hate or love either of the two guys. I see where both need work and both have attributes. I agree that Jayden throws a nice deep ball. He needs work throwing the short to intermediate pass. Maye,s deep pass was hit or miss IMO.

We'll see what Peter's and the HC come up with.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i said the same thing about the ceilings and floors about these guys.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest question about which to take hinges on the slight frame on Jayden Daniels. While there are natural injury concerns for everyone entering the NFL, I want to leave you all with a bit of history and a question.
Daniels at Arizona St., had a playing weight of 185 pounds. His current weight (LSU) is 210 pounds.

So, the question for you all is... if his weight at the Combine is somewhere between 217 and 221 pounds do you still have those concerns?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest question about which to take hinges on the slight frame on Jayden Daniels. While there are natural injury concerns for everyone entering the NFL, I want to leave you all with a bit of history and a question.
Daniels at Arizona St., had a playing weight of 185 pounds. His current weight (LSU) is 210 pounds.

So, the question for you all is... if his weight at the Combine is somewhere between 217 and 221 pounds do you still have those concerns?
No, my concerns would be addressed honestly.
I am curious to see how strong he is though.

Still curious why williams height and drama are not a big concern to pundits?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins MHJ and Terry would be sick.
I'm just not sure Cousins would want to be back in DC or if he could get over his playoff flops