• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Trade Thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
context check here

St Louis are a shitty team, 10 points out of a playoff race, that are selling off their expensive free agents.
Now they are supposed to be bidding for another expensive free agent? (albeit this one is RFA)
against other teams that are looking to add that scoring for the payoff drive.

Dr Evil Whatever GIF
If you ignore his goalie Doug Armstrong usually gets this stuff right and in theory trading the two worse-off of his three first round picks for Meier would be pretty good business.

But he's got a mess on the blue line too. Lots of aging washed guys that are going to be hard to move. And then the goalie.

It seems like he's probably better off drafting with those picks and seeing where things stand this time next year when maybe one of Krug/Parayko/Faulk have a decent season and you can con Holland into taking them off your hands.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like he's probably better off drafting with those picks and seeing where things stand this time next year when maybe one of Krug/Parayko/Faulk have a decent season and you can con Holland into taking them off your hands.
Why is Ottawa letting Dorion keep doing things at this juncture lol Parayko's washed.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time d-man moved..........

Oh wait nevermind just more of the same cap circumvention.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it makes perfect sense - The Coyotes are hoping to build a new arena on a landfill and other teams are using them as a dumping ground.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Big time d-man moved..........

Oh wait nevermind just more of the same cap circumvention.

whenever I see this it pisses me off that Luongo retired to save Florida $1,0 million, which fucked Vancouver for $3 million cap hit.
because you know Florida made that cash up to him in a managerial role (ie. not cap money)
and then I get pissed of that the NHL retroactively levied that penalty on a contract that THEY FUCKING APROVED

then i kind of spiral for a bit.

bottom line is: Fuck Bettman first and foremost, but Lou kind of did us dirty as well.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whenever I see this it pisses me off that Luongo retired to save Florida $1,0 million, which fucked Vancouver for $3 million cap hit.
because you know Florida made that cash up to him in a managerial role (ie. not cap money)
and then I get pissed of that the NHL retroactively levied that penalty on a contract that THEY FUCKING APROVED

then i kind of spiral for a bit.

bottom line is: Fuck Bettman first and foremost, but Lou kind of did us dirty as well.

truthfully Lou deserved to do us dirty

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hathaway's going to Boston it seems, who I thought were dumping role players?

Yeah he will help them out.
Boston and Carolina are hands down the top in the East. This just makes Boston stronger for the push.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Hextall told the league Kapanen is available for trade. Which team is the sucker to take him on?

Oh wait…nevermind. :L