• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow night. It's almost here.

Will it be a trade-up for Paris Johnson, Christian Gonzales or Jalen Carter?
Stand pat for Porter Jr., Witherspoon, Darnell Wright, Broderick Jones, Myles Murphy or Nolan Smith?
Trade back for Anton Harrison, Deonte Banks?

Something crazy like Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Zay Flowers or Michael Mayer?
Post #294 above... Either Khan is playing games, or he really is honing in on OT.

But they did invest a ton of time into combine & pre-draft visits with top tier CBs. So anything is possible.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #294 above... Either Khan is playing games, or he really is honing in on OT.

But they did invest a ton of time into combine & pre-draft visits with top tier CBs. So anything is possible.
And Weidl is known for prioritizing linemen, too.

If they see Paris as head and shoulders above the rest and the closest sure thing at LT in this draft, and he's available at 9, I'm good with that trade-up.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Weidl is known for prioritizing linemen, too.

If they see Paris as head and shoulders above the rest and the closest sure thing at LT in this draft, and he's available at 9, I'm good with that trade-up.
They have commented on their knowledge/understanding of how thin the opportunity for OTs is in this draft... I wouldn't mind Darnell Wright, but I think they can easily stay put to grab him. Johnson & Jones are the likely targets.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of first round prospects in the draft. Players that Tomlin/Khan were both at the pro day for: Jalen Carter, Myles Murphy, Bryan Bresee, Lukas van Ness, Nolan Smith, Paris Johnson Jr., Broderick Jones, Brian Branch, Jaxon Smith-Njigba

Of those: the position coach was there for Carter, Murphy, Bresee, Nolan Smith, Paris Johnson Jr., Brian Branch.

Of THOSE, formal Combine interviews for Nolan Smith, Paris Johnson Jr., Brian Branch.

Joey Porter didn't have a pro-day visit, but did have the position coach there and a formal interview but considering the bloodline and closeness, I think he's well in the mix.

Broderick Jones and Van Ness didn't have a position coach at his Pro Day. Still probably in the mix.
Myles and Bresee and Carter didn't have the formal combine interview.
I don't like Branch at 17, but maybe if their other targets aren't there, they trade back and take him later.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of first round prospects in the draft. Players that Tomlin/Khan were both at the pro day for: Jalen Carter, Myles Murphy, Bryan Bresee, Lukas van Ness, Nolan Smith, Paris Johnson Jr., Broderick Jones, Brian Branch, Jaxon Smith-Njigba

Of those: the position coach was there for Carter, Murphy, Bresee, Nolan Smith, Paris Johnson Jr., Brian Branch.

Of THOSE, formal Combine interviews for Nolan Smith, Paris Johnson Jr., Brian Branch.

Joey Porter didn't have a pro-day visit, but did have the position coach there and a formal interview but considering the bloodline and closeness, I think he's well in the mix.

Broderick Jones and Van Ness didn't have a position coach at his Pro Day. Still probably in the mix.
Myles and Bresee and Carter didn't have the formal combine interview.
I don't like Branch at 17, but maybe if their other targets aren't there, they trade back and take him later.
Jones... They do a lot of extensive scouting work during the season as well. Especially on someone like Jones. They have also been known to do pre-draft visits with certain prospects to inquire about someone else they are targeting. Possibly, they are picking Nolan Smith's brain about Jones. Kinda foil-hatting there to connect some dots but seems plausible.

Branch... Love this kid, but I'm not crazy about the idea after they signed Neal & resigned Kazee. Not exactly stellar options, but serviceable. Also, Tomlin specifically spoke of Patrick Peterson playing at Safety in some capacity. Probably more about the cover schemes where the safety drops and the CB becomes the de facto safety. Still not really convinced they see S as a need.

Any thoughts on Khan artist pulling a trade with a player? Some seem to think Diontae Johnson &/or James Daniels are on the trade block in that scenario.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington trade bait?

WE know how much Tomlin drooled over him earlier.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington trade bait?

WE know how much Tomlin drooled over him earlier.

I think he has only played in like 12 games the past 2 years combined. Scary trade, but can't deny the talent when healthy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that move up was shrewd and getting Jones over the Jets. Great 1st round.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad cost for the jump either.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it looks like they are getting Porter also.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it looks like they are getting Porter also.
Porter, Avila, Darnell Washington, Mayer, JM Schmitz, Simpson and Sanders.

Dts: Benton, Ika, Pickens. One of those should be there for the original 2nd rounder.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porter, Avila, Darnell Washington, Mayer, JM Schmitz, Simpson and Sanders.

Dts: Benton, Ika, Pickens. One of those should be there for the original 2nd rounder.
Yep they have plenty of options but I fully expect Porter to be picked at 32, for the reasons we all know outside of being probably the best available.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep they have plenty of options but I fully expect Porter to be picked at 32, for the reasons we all know outside of being probably the best available.
We all thought he had a good chance to be the pick at 17, so yeah, he's very likely to be pick 32.

I'd be happier if we managed it with a small tradeback to get a 4th rounder.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all thought he had a good chance to be the pick at 17, so yeah, he's very likely to be pick 32.

I'd be happier if we managed it with a small tradeback to get a 4th rounder.
Oh same here but I wonder if all the WR moves prior to the draft were to deal with this situation of losing the 4th rounder?

Have a feeling they keep the Porter pick and depending on what happens at the second 2nd round pick (position value not there) they trade back for more picks later.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect scenario for us would be if the Lions want to make sure they get Levis or Hooker, and jump two spaces to make sure they get the one they want. Then it's just Arizona's pick in the middle there, (and who knows maybe even they trade out so someone gets the last decent QB of this draft.)

And we get picks and still have every option on the table that we were looking at if it's JPj.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming we don't trade out, what do we like that's left on the board?

Porter Jr. (obvious need)
Keion White (Really like him as an end in a 3-4)
Brain Branch (where would he fit for us? Does he?)
John Michael Schmitz (Double down on the OL)

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming we don't trade out, what do we like that's left on the board?

Porter Jr. (obvious need)
Keion White (Really like him as an end in a 3-4)
Brain Branch (where would he fit for us? Does he?)
John Michael Schmitz (Double down on the OL)
Brian Branch is basically getting Mike Hilton back.

I'm not against it in R2. But I also think there are better players available.

My order of operation is:

Drop back a few picks.
Porter
Avila
Darnell Washington
Simpson
Mayer
Schmitz
Sanders

Hone in on a DL for the original 2nd.

Avila played all 5 spots on the line last season for TCU and never allowed a sack the last two years. Not even against Georgia in the championship game.
I would REALLY like to get him. He could backup the IOL this season while training to be starting OC next year.