• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 season

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, should a part of the blame also go to Mgt? Seems like its broke but the powers that be dont know how to fix it. The defense has had trouble stopping the run for years now and it continues. Too me, its 2 fold. 1. You need the right guy in there that will put his players in position to be successful and 2. The right players to get it done.

I think they have several pieces of the puzzle but are missing the right guy to make it all happen.

Unsure who you refer to as Mgt...

I think Gutey has done a good job other than Jordan Love draft pick.

This year we will see how LaFleur is as a coach IMO. He got Rodgers playing again at very high level so will give him credit there. That lead to a lot of regular season success, but as a coach and a #1 seed 2 years in a row (3 years with 1st round bye), you should be getting to the Super Bowl once IMO.

Now that Rodgers has some struggles, will see if he really can manage a team, or if he is overly dependent on great QB play.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, should a part of the blame also go to Mgt? Seems like its broke but the powers that be dont know how to fix it. The defense has had trouble stopping the run for years now and it continues. Too me, its 2 fold. 1. You need the right guy in there that will put his players in position to be successful and 2. The right players to get it done.

I think they have several pieces of the puzzle but are missing the right guy to make it all happen.
If you fail collectively as a team, part of the blame must go to management in some capacity; you certainly can't dump it all there, though.

Regarding the hiring of coaches and coordinators, I'm not entirely sure what process is used by the Packers. When a coaching hire is announced, they usually announce it as "the Packers hire" - which leads me to assume that it is a collective decision by several admins; it's not just LaFleur or Gutey alone hiring whoever they hand pick to fill out the staff.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you fail collectively as a team, part of the blame must go to management in some capacity; you certainly can't dump it all there, though.

Regarding the hiring of coaches and coordinators, I'm not entirely sure what process is used by the Packers. When a coaching hire is announced, they usually announce it as "the Packers hire" - which leads me to assume that it is a collective decision by several admins; it's not just LaFleur or Gutey alone hiring whoever they hand pick to fill out the staff.
I wouldn’t place all the blame there either and I don’t know who is all involved making the hiring, drafting process so that’s why I say mgt. In general, the draft and develop philosophy has worked to a degree and yes, they have had success making the the playoffs for years now but to only have one SB with one of the best QBs in the league is concerning in my opinion.
Unsure who you refer to as Mgt...

I think Gutey has done a good job other than Jordan Love draft pick.

This year we will see how LaFleur is as a coach IMO. He got Rodgers playing again at very high level so will give him credit there. That lead to a lot of regular season success, but as a coach and a #1 seed 2 years in a row (3 years with 1st round bye), you should be getting to the Super Bowl once IMO.

Now that Rodgers has some struggles, will see if he really can manage a team, or if he is overly dependent on great QB play.
See above for Mgt reference. I disagree about Lafleur getting Rodgers to play at a high level. Lafleur inherited that when he was hired. If anything, Rodgers has digressed this year and I’m sure some of it is due to the O-line and lack of reliable WOs but I’ve also seen him make multiple un-Rodgers like throws.
Personally, and I’m sure you will all disagree, I say your last statement is true. This team is overly dependent on the QB. I believe this team isnt as talented as everyone thinks. I think part of that is who they draft but also where they draft. Due to their success with Rodgers, GB has been picking late in the draft for years now and I feel they have missed out on some of the better talent.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See above for Mgt reference. I disagree about Lafleur getting Rodgers to play at a high level. Lafleur inherited that when he was hired. If anything, Rodgers has digressed this year and I’m sure some of it is due to the O-line and lack of reliable WOs but I’ve also seen him make multiple un-Rodgers like throws.

Last 4 years with McCarthy Rodgers rating was over 100 only 1 year (104). In the first 3 years with LaFleur Rodgers was over 100 rating twice (121, 111) and he earned 2 league MVPs. Rodgers had soiled on McCarthy... so I am still of the opinion LaFleur helped to get Rodgers to play better again.... even if some of it was drafting Love that helped to spark Rodgers again.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 4 years with McCarthy Rodgers rating was over 100 only 1 year (104). In the first 3 years with LaFleur Rodgers was over 100 rating twice (121, 111) and he earned 2 league MVPs. Rodgers had soiled on McCarthy... so I am still of the opinion LaFleur helped to get Rodgers to play better again.... even if some of it was drafting Love that helped to spark Rodgers again.
Understandable. Stats can tell a lot about the performance of an athlete but they can also be deceiving. Rodgers may have soiled under McCarthy but he still played at a level to get his team into the playoffs.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw this today. No idea if it’s true but it wouldn’t surprise me if Rodgers didn’t hold himself accountable and how it’s handled on this team.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw this today. No idea if it’s true but it wouldn’t surprise me if Rodgers didn’t hold himself accountable and how it’s handled on this team.

This is the exact kind of shit that happens when guys are running their mouths instead of working. If they don't understand that it's a group effort that requires everyone to buy in, you end up with a shit team...and that's what this team is...a shit team with a bunch of guys looking out for themselves instead of the collective...

The guy with the video can suck a bag of wangs...like Skip or Steven A, just looking for attention by being controversial...well, he's not controversial, he's a moron that doesn't know what actual journalism is

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the exact kind of shit that happens when guys are running their mouths instead of working. If they don't understand that it's a group effort that requires everyone to buy in, you end up with a shit team...and that's what this team is...a shit team with a bunch of guys looking out for themselves instead of the collective...

The guy with the video can suck a bag of wangs...like Skip or Steven A, just looking for attention by being controversial...well, he's not controversial, he's a moron that doesn't know what actual journalism is
I think you’re right. I believe Lafleur has lost this “team”. I have my opinion who the ring leader of the coup is. Tough year.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you’re right. I believe Lafleur has lost this “team”. I have my opinion who the ring leader of the coup is. Tough year.

I don't think he's lost the team...I do think there is some shit going on and it needs to end...and end now

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he's lost the team...I do think there is some shit going on and it needs to end...and end now

Not sure if you guys watched last night's game (I tuned in during Buffalo's final drive of the first half), but LaFleur was interviewed as the 3rd quarter was kicking off and what he told the sideline reporter was that he challenged his team's toughness during halftime. That second half of the game the Packers seemed to be significantly more aggressive than what I've been seeing out of them (they played with attitude) and they beat the Bills 10-3 in the second half.

That given, I don't think LaFleur lost the team (if they would've come out as flat as ever I'd be singing a different tune). In fact, I'm hopeful that his locker room challenge is the turning point in the season. We'll see what happens in Detroit next week.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another L, but was expecting it this week.

Good:
- Aaron Jones running the ball... 143 yards and averaged over 7 yards a carry
- Dillon also did decent moving the pile
- Doubs had a better game, great TD catch
- Defensive effort in 2nd half gave up only 3 points and had a couple of interceptions off Allen.... Bills 2 for 7 on 3rd down

Bad:
- Run defense... a lot of big runs on poor tackling, repeating theme this year
- Tom was getting pushed around at left guard... will need to get stronger at this level
- Watson yet another injury, guy cannot stay on the field
- Where is Sammy Watkins? 1 reception/target for the game
- Douglas allowed some big plays again

Ugly:
- Q. Walker disqualified... I have no idea what he was thinking, showed his PFF ranking, was extremely low. He appears to have all the tools, but the football IQ may be very low.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you guys watched last night's game (I tuned in during Buffalo's final drive of the first half), but LaFleur was interviewed as the 3rd quarter was kicking off and what he told the sideline reporter was that he challenged his team's toughness during halftime. That second half of the game the Packers seemed to be significantly more aggressive than what I've been seeing out of them (they played with attitude) and they beat the Bills 10-3 in the second half.

That given, I don't think LaFleur lost the team (if they would've come out as flat as ever I'd be singing a different tune). In fact, I'm hopeful that his locker room challenge is the turning point in the season. We'll see what happens in Detroit next week.
I did not watch. Winning some of the battles during the game is one thing but what this team cant seam to do is win the war. Why wouldnt you challenge them the whole week leading up to the game so they come out the gate swinging? I still think there is dissention in the ranks. i just dont understand how an organization can spend so much time and effort on defense and they consistently give up over 20 points per game.

I know you all think im too negative but i see it as keeping it real and right now this team is not and has not played good ball this year. Here is a clip from an article talking about the defense-

1667225453158.png

The highlighted is, IMO, the defense's identity. For whatever reason, they cant play for 60 minutes.

Playing Detroit next week wont tell us much unless they lose. If they lose, it will tell us this team continues to spiral. If they win, it will show that Detroit still sucks.

The offense is another story but at least they have some excuses with all the injuries.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like Gutey didn't like what other teams wanted in return for their WRs and got outbid on others. I've already braced for the flood of ignorant Packers fans with torches and pitchforks. Sometimes the best move is no move and I have a feeling this was one of those cases; I've been very underwhelmed with the list of available receivers throughout this whole deadline process.

Rumor has it that Claypool was headed to GB before the Bears swooped in at the final hour with a bigger offer. Frankly, I didn't really want Claypool anyway and I'm giggling at the Bears selling their two best defensive players only to buy an immature WR for a seeming purpose of preventing GB from "upgrading" the position. Bears + Claypool = entertaining flop!

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it looks like Gutey didn't like what other teams wanted in return for their WRs and got outbid on others. I've already braced for the flood of ignorant Packers fans with torches and pitchforks. Sometimes the best move is no move and I have a feeling this was one of those cases; I've been very underwhelmed with the list of available receivers throughout this whole deadline process.

Rumor has it that Claypool was headed to GB before the Bears swooped in at the final hour with a bigger offer. Frankly, I didn't really want Claypool anyway and I'm giggling at the Bears selling their two best defensive players only to buy an immature WR for a seeming purpose of preventing GB from "upgrading" the position. Bears + Claypool = entertaining flop!

I get it and i dont blame him for not willing to sell the farm for any receiver available. Unfortunately GB has to deal with what they have and so far, its not having much success.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it and i dont blame him for not willing to sell the farm for any receiver available. Unfortunately GB has to deal with what they have and so far, its not having much success.

GB will be fine... Probably not so much this year, but in the longer term. Thrusting three rookie receivers into the volume of reps they're getting will have its pains now, but could pay solid dividends in the next few years. I'm seeing the remainder of this year through the hopeful eyes that cracking three eggs now will make for a tasty omelette later.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB will be fine... Probably not so much this year, but in the longer term. Thrusting three rookie receivers into the volume of reps they're getting will have its pains now, but could pay solid dividends in the next few years. I'm seeing the remainder of this year through the hopeful eyes that cracking three eggs now will make for a tasty omelette later.

And Rodgers? Do you think he calls it quits if they make or dont make the playoffs?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Rodgers? Do you think he calls it quits if they make or dont make the playoffs?
My personal perception is that I don't think making the playoffs or not will be a factor in Rodgers' decision to return or not. Winning a Super Bowl might, but I figure losing your last game in the playoffs is no more enticing to return than losing your last game in the regular season.

I figure every year from now until his actual retiring, Rodgers will weigh the physical, mental and spiritual stress of playing another season and his decision will be 'play' as long as he feels he can handle a full season of all three aspects. Winning softens spiritual stress, but has very little effect on physical and mental stress.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal perception is that I don't think making the playoffs or not will be a factor in Rodgers' decision to return or not. Winning a Super Bowl might, but I figure losing your last game in the playoffs is no more enticing to return than losing your last game in the regular season.

I figure every year from now until his actual retiring, Rodgers will weigh the physical, mental and spiritual stress of playing another season and his decision will be 'play' as long as he feels he can handle a full season of all three aspects. Winning softens spiritual stress, but has very little effect on physical and mental stress.
The impression i got last year was he wasn't happy with Mgt. and would have preferred to be on a different team. That said, who's to say he still doesn't feel that way? I'm not saying he is trying to lose but do you think he is 100% in it to win it? IMO, i still think there is a problem in the locker room and he may be at the root of it. I could be wrong but from what i have read, heard, it points in that direction. Until i have enough evidence to support it though, I'm not convinced that is the case.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is really stupid...I mean really stupid