• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 season

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I value my health to much to watch. Anybody have an opinion as to why GB is struggling? Play calling? Execution? Level of talent? All of the above? The way it’s going, missing the playoffs could happen. Thoughts?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I value my health to much to watch. Anybody have an opinion as to why GB is struggling? Play calling? Execution? Level of talent? All of the above? The way it’s going, missing the playoffs could happen. Thoughts?

Completely execution. on offense..not ready to play and they continue to not set an edge in the run game, so they get run on constantly... they showed up to this game not ready to play...not a damn guy and Rodgers really needs to get his head out of his ass...holding the ball too long set him up for the first couple sack and then the OLine couldn't pick up the most basic of stunts.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing, they earned this ass kicking...totally deserved for not be prepared from the start of this game to the end...

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing, they earned this ass kicking...totally deserved for not be prepared from the start of this game to the end...
Not prepared for the game is a head scratcher for me. The defense has been a huge disappointment. All the early round defensive draft picks are either A. Miss evaluated B. Under coached or C. Both

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely execution. on offense..not ready to play and they continue to not set an edge in the run game, so they get run on constantly... they showed up to this game not ready to play...not a damn guy and Rodgers really needs to get his head out of his ass...holding the ball too long set him up for the first couple sack and then the OLine couldn't pick up the most basic of stunts.
He has done this his whole career.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve seen the Pack turn bad beginnings of seasons around before, I’m not super hopeful this time though.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ve seen the Pack turn bad beginnings of seasons around before, I’m not super hopeful this time though.
Yea, I’m not ready to start looking at next years draft yet. It’s not looking good right now and it can get worse. I wonder if we will hear Rodgers say,”R-E-L-A-X”. You would think last weeks loss would have had them chomping at the bit against the jets. Houston, we have a problem.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I’m not ready to start looking at next years draft yet. It’s not looking good right now and it can get worse. I wonder if we will hear Rodgers say,”R-E-L-A-X”. You would think last weeks loss would have had them chomping at the bit against the jets. Houston, we have a problem.
Yeah, I really thought this was gonna be the game where the team came together and collectively said “we’re better than this” but nope.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game and sadly both those teams run basically the same offense, almost identical plays. If you pay attention you'll see that the Jets actually executed those plays much better than the Packers. It might be 1 player making the play vs 1 player not, but when a team with a 2nd year coach and QB out execute a veteran bunch, that should be embarrassing to the Packers...like down right hurtful embarrassment.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here... the offensive line. ...as in... adjective: causing resentful displeasure; highly irritating, angering, or annoying

This team looks very similar to McCarthy's last year - 2018. That year...
  • the offensive line was offensive
  • MVS and St. Brown were heavily-relied on rookies who were not running the crisp routes Rodgers expected
  • Rodgers took 49 sacks "holding onto the ball too long"
  • Rodgers did not trust his offensive line or receivers and tried to do too much himself - including repeatedly trying to get large chunks of yardage that wasn't there - particularly annoyingly on 3rd/4th & short.
  • The Packers went 6-9-1 after starting the season 3-2-1 through six games.
As of this moment, I would be in favor of giving Jordan Love the ball and see what he does with it.
  • Love is younger, more mobile and can take hits better than Rodgers can.
  • Love is much more likely to actually run the plays LaFleur calls instead of improvising into trying to do too much himself.
  • Ultimately, I think Love would be more of a team player because he doesn't have the "football master" chip on his shoulder Rodgers does and might unify the group. The way it seems now... Rodgers: "obey me!" ...maybe with Love: "alright, we're in this together, let's do it!"

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here... the offensive line. ...as in... adjective: causing resentful displeasure; highly irritating, angering, or annoying

This team looks very similar to McCarthy's last year - 2018. That year...
  • the offensive line was offensive
  • MVS and St. Brown were heavily-relied on rookies who were not running the crisp routes Rodgers expected
  • Rodgers took 49 sacks "holding onto the ball too long"
  • Rodgers did not trust his offensive line or receivers and tried to do too much himself - including repeatedly trying to get large chunks of yardage that wasn't there - particularly annoyingly on 3rd/4th & short.
  • The Packers went 6-9-1 after starting the season 3-2-1 through six games.
As of this moment, I would be in favor of giving Jordan Love the ball and see what he does with it.
  • Love is younger, more mobile and can take hits better than Rodgers can.
  • Love is much more likely to actually run the plays LaFleur calls instead of improvising into trying to do too much himself.
  • Ultimately, I think Love would be more of a team player because he doesn't have the "football master" chip on his shoulder Rodgers does and might unify the group. The way it seems now... Rodgers: "obey me!" ...maybe with Love: "alright, we're in this together, let's do it!"
Somebody put a meme on social media with a picture of Rodgers launching the ball and the caption read- 3rd and short. I think Rodgers is part of the problem. Let me take that back, i think his ego is the problem along with what you mentioned. Im not convinced Love is the next franchise QB but i thought that way about Rodgers as well but i highly doubt Lafleur has the balls to start Love.

The defense isnt performing considering how much effort was dedicated to it.

IMO, there were multiple bad decisions made from the front office on down and we are seeing the results of it.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody put a meme on social media with a picture of Rodgers launching the ball and the caption read- 3rd and short. I think Rodgers is part of the problem. Let me take that back, i think his ego is the problem along with what you mentioned. Im not convinced Love is the next franchise QB but i thought that way about Rodgers as well but i highly doubt Lafleur has the balls to start Love.

The defense isnt performing considering how much effort was dedicated to it.

IMO, there were multiple bad decisions made from the front office on down and we are seeing the results of it.
I'm also not sold Love is the next franchise QB and I agree with you that LaFleur (or any other HC) would not have the balls to start Love over Rodgers in a situation like this. However, maybe if we see Rodgers chucking up deep shots on 3rd & short and only putting three points on the board in the first half again, maybe Love gets some reps in the second half of a game. Personally, at this moment, I'd like to see Love trot out under center with a healthy Rodgers on the sidelines just to give Rodgers a taste of humble pie.

What "bad decisions from the front office" are you referring to?

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also not sold Love is the next franchise QB and I agree with you that LaFleur (or any other HC) would not have the balls to start Love over Rodgers in a situation like this. However, maybe if we see Rodgers chucking up deep shots on 3rd & short and only putting three points on the board in the first half again, maybe Love gets some reps in the second half of a game. Personally, at this moment, I'd like to see Love trot out under center with a healthy Rodgers on the sidelines just to give Rodgers a taste of humble pie.

What "bad decisions from the front office" are you referring to?
1. Lafleur himself, I'm not sold he can get this team to the SB. Play calling has been suspect but i wonder how much of that is Rodgers fault.
2. hiring a DC that has a bad track record
3. and i harp on this, for the past 5-6 years focusing on defensive heavy drafts and they still cant stop the run. is it scheme? is it talent? i think its both but that's just my opinion.
4. draft and develop philosophy, i get it to a point. They want to be competitive for years to come but relying primarily on the draft and not bringing in the right veterans to help guide the team is a mistake in my eyes. i think you need a healthy combination of both.
5. Again, IMO, im not a fan of the talent evaluators for GB. Yea, they get a few picks right but i think they get it wrong more than they get it right. Here is why i say that, take away Rodgers and this team wouldnt even sniff the playoffs. Now thats true for a lot of teams but there are teams in the league that can still compete without their starting QB, why? talent and coaching. Talent will only get you so far but if they have the coaching to put their players in a position to succeed....

That said, in GB defense, they have been competitive for years thanks to Rodgers but they havent found that right combination to get them back to the bowl.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Lafleur himself, I'm not sold he can get this team to the SB. Play calling has been suspect but i wonder how much of that is Rodgers fault.
2. hiring a DC that has a bad track record
3. and i harp on this, for the past 5-6 years focusing on defensive heavy drafts and they still cant stop the run. is it scheme? is it talent? i think its both but that's just my opinion.
4. draft and develop philosophy, i get it to a point. They want to be competitive for years to come but relying primarily on the draft and not bringing in the right veterans to help guide the team is a mistake in my eyes. i think you need a healthy combination of both.
5. Again, IMO, im not a fan of the talent evaluators for GB. Yea, they get a few picks right but i think they get it wrong more than they get it right. Here is why i say that, take away Rodgers and this team wouldnt even sniff the playoffs. Now thats true for a lot of teams but there are teams in the league that can still compete without their starting QB, why? talent and coaching. Talent will only get you so far but if they have the coaching to put their players in a position to succeed....

That said, in GB defense, they have been competitive for years thanks to Rodgers but they havent found that right combination to get them back to the bowl.
1. I think a lot of the "playcalling" is Rodgers fault. It's impossible for us to know what plays were called versus what Rodgers actually ran, but I suspect the disparity is quite significant. LaFleur is a run-heavy guy, but Rodgers has 209 pass attempts and Jones + Dillon combined have 143 rush attempts through six games.
2. I think the defense is fine. The jury is still out on Barry himself, but the Packers are currently 5th best in total yards allowed and 15th in points allowed at 20.5. I'll definitely take that over the Lions' 34 PPG allowed.
3. Everything is scheme + talent, but in the Packers' case, loose run D is scheme. There's good talent at every position on the Packers' defense. Barry deploys zones designed to keep guys in front of them; it's a "stop the pass first" scheme and is actually very successful in doing that as the Packers are #1 in the league in passing yards allowed. That scheme is obviously susceptible to the run, though.
4 & 5. Who are the "right" veterans? I think they did pretty well with Amos, Campbell, Smith and Douglas without locking huge free agent dollars into guys who come nowhere near their ideal worth pertaining to contract versus production. The other starters are all homegrown draftees that are getting us into the playoffs every year. That's exactly the type of result every other team wishes they had.

I don't deny that Rodgers has carried this team in the past, but I think this year's team is still competitive without him. We've got a lot of talent on defense now and one of the best RB tandems in the league. To this point, the team's holes have been the OL and WR through injuries and inexperience. Hopefully the OL gets back to full strength soon and congeals as a unit. Not sure how much can really be done immediately about the WR group at this point, but maybe a trade deadline acquisition ends up paying positive dividends.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I think a lot of the "playcalling" is Rodgers fault. It's impossible for us to know what plays were called versus what Rodgers actually ran, but I suspect the disparity is quite significant. LaFleur is a run-heavy guy, but Rodgers has 209 pass attempts and Jones + Dillon combined have 143 rush attempts through six games.
2. I think the defense is fine. The jury is still out on Barry himself, but the Packers are currently 5th best in total yards allowed and 15th in points allowed at 20.5. I'll definitely take that over the Lions' 34 PPG allowed.
3. Everything is scheme + talent, but in the Packers' case, loose run D is scheme. There's good talent at every position on the Packers' defense. Barry deploys zones designed to keep guys in front of them; it's a "stop the pass first" scheme and is actually very successful in doing that as the Packers are #1 in the league in passing yards allowed. That scheme is obviously susceptible to the run, though.
4 & 5. Who are the "right" veterans? I think they did pretty well with Amos, Campbell, Smith and Douglas without locking huge free agent dollars into guys who come nowhere near their ideal worth pertaining to contract versus production. The other starters are all homegrown draftees that are getting us into the playoffs every year. That's exactly the type of result every other team wishes they had.

I don't deny that Rodgers has carried this team in the past, but I think this year's team is still competitive without him. We've got a lot of talent on defense now and one of the best RB tandems in the league. To this point, the team's holes have been the OL and WR through injuries and inexperience. Hopefully the OL gets back to full strength soon and congeals as a unit. Not sure how much can really be done immediately about the WR group at this point, but maybe a trade deadline acquisition ends up paying positive dividends.
Im picking up what you're putting down. I think the defense can be a better unit but they only had 2 games where they held their opponent to less than 20 points and that was Chicago and Tampa. Tampa is struggling and Chicago is....well, Chicago. So, sometimes stats can be deceiving.

Im not sure what direction the offense is going with Rodgers playing the way he is right now. No threat at WO and the OL being an issue...Hopefully they all have a getting right with Jesus moment.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im picking up what you're putting down. I think the defense can be a better unit but they only had 2 games where they held their opponent to less than 20 points and that was Chicago and Tampa. Tampa is struggling and Chicago is....well, Chicago. So, sometimes stats can be deceiving.

Im not sure what direction the offense is going with Rodgers playing the way he is right now. No threat at WO and the OL being an issue...Hopefully they all have a getting right with Jesus moment.
Forgot to add a comment about Lafleur. Next couple of games or even the season we will find out what type of coach he will be. I think its been easy for him to be successful with Rodgers behind center but now with all the issues going on lets see which way he takes this team.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to add a comment about Lafleur. Next couple of games or even the season we will find out what type of coach he will be. I think its been easy for him to be successful with Rodgers behind center but now with all the issues going on lets see which way he takes this team.
This I agree with... ...at least to an extent. LaFleur's control of the offense is handcuffed BECAUSE of Rodgers' control. I don't think it will be possible to properly gauge LaFleur's offensive effectiveness until Rodgers isn't in the equation.

What I'm most interested in is how the team responds this weekend to the adversity of getting beat down by both NY teams who were assumed to be poor teams going into the season and how they handle themselves both during and after the game in Buffalo - which is gonna be their biggest test of the season.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I agree with... ...at least to an extent. LaFleur's control of the offense is handcuffed BECAUSE of Rodgers' control. I don't think it will be possible to properly gauge LaFleur's offensive effectiveness until Rodgers isn't in the equation.

What I'm most interested in is how the team responds this weekend to the adversity of getting beat down by both NY teams who were assumed to be poor teams going into the season and how they handle themselves both during and after the game in Buffalo - which is gonna be their biggest test of the season.
So, the question is...Does Lafleur have enough balls/power to reign in Rodgers? If so, how will Rodgers respond? Stay tuned...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the question is...Does Lafleur have enough balls/power to reign in Rodgers? If so, how will Rodgers respond? Stay tuned...
The only coach in the league with the balls and power to reign in Rodgers is Belichick. No need to stay tuned.