• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 season

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers ran the ball extremely well, Jones had banner day.
Jones looked like Barry Sanders on a couple of those runs and Walter Payton on a couple others. ...One of the best games of his career. His field vision was superb, he was exceptionally balanced and he finished runs with authority.

Conversely, Dillon looked off last night. He wasn't trusting his vision which caused him to bounce east & west too much which negated his momentum and therefore wasn't finishing his runs well. Hopefully that was an anomaly.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win... but Packers made that game much more interesting than it should have been.

Run defense is atrocious right now for the Packers. Defense only gave up 10 points, but feels like much more considering how bad the run defense is. Fortunately appears Fields is not much of a passer.

Packers ran the ball extremely well, Jones had banner day. Good to have Lazard and Jenkins back. Jenkins gave up at least one sack... should have been called for holding on another play. Probably take a little time to shake off all the rust.
I did not see the game, just the stats. Both sides couldnt stop the run. Fortunately they played a QB who doesnt throw the ball very well so we dont know how well this unit is going to perform this season.

From the stats, Special Teams gave up an average of 25 yards a kick off so not a whole lot of improvement there. i guess the positive is they didnt give up a TD so...

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not see the game, just the stats. Both sides couldnt stop the run. Fortunately they played a QB who doesnt throw the ball very well so we dont know how well this unit is going to perform this season.

From the stats, Special Teams gave up an average of 25 yards a kick off so not a whole lot of improvement there. i guess the positive is they didnt give up a TD so...

I do not think the KO returns were an issue... they were fielding from inside end zone or at goal line and only on one occasion did they get past 25 to the 30 yard line. If Bears took the touch back would have started at 25 yard line and a few times they started inside the 25 yard line.

Special teams concern for me was Amari Rodgers putting the ball on the ground.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think the KO returns were an issue... they were fielding from inside end zone or at goal line and only on one occasion did they get past 25 to the 30 yard line. If Bears took the touch back would have started at 25 yard line and a few times they started inside the 25 yard line.

Special teams concern for me was Amari Rodgers putting the ball on the ground.
I see. Hopefully they will make some improvements this year.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok. Watched the game. 1st Bear drive, GB run defense was horrid. Looked decent after that until the 4th quarter where it looked like they forgot that they had to play 4 qtrs.

I liked that they held the bears from scoring down on the goal line and drove from inside their 1 yard line to kick a field goal. That showed a lot of determination. Now if they could only show that effort in post season they may get back to the SB. Wishful thinking. Like I’ve said before, I’ve seen this movie before. It’s rare that I see the defense play well in both defending the run and pass. Most of the time it’s usually one or the other. Personally, I believe we will just see a repeat of last year where they will come up short in post season once again. Prove me wrong GB, prove me wrong.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs tomorrow. I see another loss. Have heard from a commentator or two that GB has a good defense. Maybe against teams with mediocre QBs but I’m sure Brady will expose them for what they truly are.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty irritating that one bad play on offense and they all seem to forget there is still a game to play. Jones fumble at the goal line and suddenly the Bucs D can do no wrong? I think it's more the Packers go into a shell and stop making plays. Same crap as the San Fran playoff game...wtf the stuff they were running was working, did the other team all of a sudden make perfect adjustments and the Packers forgot how to execute? They really need to get their heads out of their asses when something negative happens.

I will, however, take the win...graciously

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other thoughts...

Nice to see Bachtari back out there and glad they limited him to every other series
Watkins being hurt is no surprise at all, was just waiting for when
I wonder if Adams is having fun in Vegas.
The hold on Lazard and running into the punter were absolutely crappy calls... but we get our share...but in the grand scheme they didn't really matter

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other thoughts...

Nice to see Bachtari back out there and glad they limited him to every other series
Watkins being hurt is no surprise at all, was just waiting for when
I wonder if Adams is having fun in Vegas.
The hold on Lazard and running into the punter were absolutely crappy calls... but we get our share...but in the grand scheme they didn't really matter

Good:
- Defense... held Bucs to 12 points, 2.4 yards per rush, 2 turnovers, less than 300 total yards
- Offense in first half... moved the ball pretty well
- Special teams other than series of running into punter (bad call) and then hold on subsequent punt
- Doubs 8 catches for 73 yards and a TD (fumbled and recovered and how he holds ball wonder if will see more potential fumbles)

Bad:
- Usage of timeouts again
- Jones fumble close to goal line and Rodgers interception
- Alexander injury
- Unable to close out game
- Timeout usage 1st half

Ugly:
- Packers offense the entire 2nd half

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good:
- Defense... held Bucs to 12 points, 2.4 yards per rush, 2 turnovers, less than 300 total yards
- Special teams other than series of running into punter (bad call) and then hold on subsequent punt
- Doubs 8 catches for 73 yards and a TD (fumbled and recovered and how he holds ball wonder if will see more potential fumbles)

Bad:
- Alexander injury
- Timeout usage 1st half

Ugly:

I forgot about the run D, kind of took that for granted. I shouldn't have after the Bears ran all over them last week. Which doesn't make much sense, they feared Fields and the Bears pass game then feared the Bucs run game over Brady???

Doubs does need to figure out this isn't the Mountain West Conference.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good:

Bad:
- Alexander injury
- Timeout usage 1st half

Ugly:
After the Jones fumble at the goal line the play calling and execution was so bad I believe they only had one series where they didn’t go 3 and out. Good thing the defense came to play for 57 minutes and a 2 point conversion. I’m going to say this all season long, I’ve seen this movie before.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Jones fumble at the goal line the play calling and execution was so bad I believe they only had one series where they didn’t go 3 and out. Good thing the defense came to play for 57 minutes and a 2 point conversion. I’m going to say this all season long, I’ve seen this movie before.

Ok, my only question is why are you watching?

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, my only question is why are you watching?
I’m critical of the team that I have rooted for since I was a kid. Why? I want to see them win another ring before I die. Been watching for a long time and I’m spoiled and jaded all at the same time. I’m detail orientated so I always see what they need to improve on. Why? Because their deficiencies are what gets them booted from the playoffs. Yes, I can be a little brash. I grew up old school. I don’t pull any punches and I tend to call it like I see it. Am I always right? No. Do I wear my heart on my sleeve? Definitely. One thing I’ve noticed over my life experience is we are living in a world of soft punk ass bitches right now that don’t want to offend anyone. That’s not how I get down. Funny thing is, I’m basically saying the same thing others are saying in here but just not as politically correct. Frankly, I don’t give a f*#k. Any other questions?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m critical of the team that I have rooted for since I was a kid. Why? I want to see them win another ring before I die. Been watching for a long time and I’m spoiled and jaded all at the same time. I’m detail orientated so I always see what they need to improve on. Why? Because their deficiencies are what gets them booted from the playoffs. Yes, I can be a little brash. I grew up old school. I don’t pull any punches and I tend to call it like I see it. Am I always right? No. Do I wear my heart on my sleeve? Definitely. One thing I’ve noticed over my life experience is we are living in a world of soft punk ass bitches right now that don’t want to offend anyone. That’s not how I get down. Funny thing is, I’m basically saying the same thing others are saying in here but just not as politically correct. Frankly, I don’t give a f*#k. Any other questions?

Yes, are you one of the people that was all pissed off when the Packers traded Favre thinking Rodgers was going to be bad and the Packers were heading back to the 70's and 80's?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack, your relentless pessimism is what rakes spines around here. We're all telling it like we see it here, but your message is always slathered in doom & gloom negativity. The rest of us here on this Packers board are quite balanced and that's why I like coming here.

@Moab was justified in asking why you watch because your posts present you as being tormented by the Packers over receiving any enjoyment out of them.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, are you one of the people that was all pissed off when the Packers traded Favre thinking Rodgers was going to be bad and the Packers were heading back to the 70's and 80's?
No, I wasn’t pissed off. Nobody new how Rodgers was going to turn out but Favre was on the backside of his career so no love lost.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack, your relentless pessimism is what rakes spines around here. We're all telling it like we see it here, but your message is always slathered in doom & gloom negativity. The rest of us here on this Packers board are quite balanced and that's why I like coming here.

@Moab was justified in asking why you watch because your posts present you as being tormented by the Packers over receiving any enjoyment out of them.
Yes, I understand. And deep down I root for them and part of the doom and gloom is a defense mechanism so I won’t be thoroughly disappointed if they get knocked out of the playoffs. Unfortunately that’s been happening the past several years now. So, I’m quick to point out their deficiencies just like everyone else but I do it in a way that I apparently offend everybody. In my defense, I do point out the positives but that isn’t what will boot them from post season.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I understand. And deep down I root for them and part of the doom and gloom is a defense mechanism so I won’t be thoroughly disappointed if they get knocked out of the playoffs. Unfortunately that’s been happening the past several years now. So, I’m quick to point out their deficiencies just like everyone else but I do it in a way that I apparently offend everybody. In my defense, I do point out the positives but that isn’t what will boot them from post season.
I've never seen anyone get offended by your posts here. 'Annoyed' is probably a better word for it. Thick layers of 'doom & gloom' can get annoying. Thin it out some and we're all good.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a strange aside, the Packers have a losing record all time vs the Bills, Jets and Dolphins...and are .500 vs the Patriots all time...apparently bad stuff happens when we play AFC east teams...just kind of one of those odd things that happens...the only other teams they have a losing record against all time..the Colts, Chiefs and Titans (includes Oilers time) ..and are .500 against are the Broncos and Bengals. I guess that's paying the penance of sucking from 1970 to 1992... All AFC or original AFL teams except Colts...

Here's the link in case I missed something

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen anyone get offended by your posts here. 'Annoyed' is probably a better word for it. Thick layers of 'doom & gloom' can get annoying. Thin it out some and we're all good.
Not sure if I can totally cut out the doom and gloom but will make an effort at not sounding like the sky is falling. I will point out their short comings, but also their achievements. I will admit, I can exaggerate when they lose but that is the homer in me. I do see good things out of them and it would be nice to see more consistency but that’s all up to them.