• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 season

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1-GB@Vikings I think we will see a repeat from last year in week 1. No pre season reps for 12= a loss at Minny. Rodgers will be sacked at least 4-5 times.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1-GB@Vikings I think we will see a repeat from last year in week 1. No pre season reps for 12= a loss at Minny. Rodgers will be sacked at least 4-5 times.
I also am expecting a loss, for similar reasons, but I don't think it will be as bad as the Saints last year. The Vikes also didn't play their starters, so it's gonna be pretty sloppy for both teams. Last year, the Saints did give most of their starters some reps in the preseason and were clearly sharper in the first game that counted.

That said, it's not just that Rodgers got no reps, it's that nearly the entire starting offense and defense got no reps. Particularly on offense with Rodgers, it wouldn't even be that big of a deal except that Rodgers has a brand new cast of receivers to throw to and chemistry needs to be built through live repetition. There is no Jordy or Davante security blanket this time.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also am expecting a loss, for similar reasons, but I don't think it will be as bad as the Saints last year. The Vikes also didn't play their starters, so it's gonna be pretty sloppy for both teams. Last year, the Saints did give most of their starters some reps in the preseason and were clearly sharper in the first game that counted.

That said, it's not just that Rodgers got no reps, it's that nearly the entire starting offense and defense got no reps. Particularly on offense with Rodgers, it wouldn't even be that big of a deal except that Rodgers has a brand new cast of receivers to throw to and chemistry needs to be built through live repetition. There is no Jordy or Davante security blanket this time.
Good point. Also, let’s see what happens with Special Teams. If the pre season is any indicator, they’re in trouble.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am unsure how much a few reps in preseason make a difference... from my understanding the joint practices with Saints the offense and defense had a lot of reps vs Saints #1s... is there really that much difference of a preseason game vs joint practice these days?

Preseason special teams was a disaster... but many of those issues may have been players no longer on squad blowing assignments. Will be interesting to see how they perform today.

All that said, unsure what to expect from this game honestly. I do like the Packers defense, and defenses can sometimes start season stronger... maybe Vikings offense will be a bit rusty and Packers defense wins them this game.

Biggest concerns going into season were WR and OL. Lazard is listed as doubtful... so probably not playing and that is a blow. Bakhtiari and Jenkins are questionable, if neither can play I think that is a big blow as well... was not impressed with right side of OL in the preseason. The "potential starting OL" did get many preseason reps in last 2 preseason games.

Go Pack Go!

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t seen any of the game but from the score it looks like another first game loss. Just saw a few highlights, unfortunately it’s only Minny. GB looks lost and confused. I know they probably will bounce back but kinda tired of seeing the same shit every fucking year for the first game.

BOLD PREDICTION- GB makes the playoffs and it won’t matter if they play at home or away they will lose because nothing changes with this organization. Same shit, year in, year out.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's lots of cheese available in Wisconsin for that whine...just saying

This is pretty much what I expected...nothing is consistent

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's lots of cheese available in Wisconsin for that whine...just saying

This is pretty much what I expected...nothing is consistent
Meh, I’ve seen you bitch plenty on here so pot meet kettle. Just frustrating to see zero improvement from this organization.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 game... hopefully Packers can turn it around next week at home vs Bears.

- Justin Jefferson looks like a monster in this new Vikings offense
- Defense looked bad in first half, but limited Vikings to 6 points in 2nd half
- Packers averaged over 6 yards a carry... felt they should have rushed the ball more, only 18 attempts of the 61 plays
- Watson huge drop on his first NFL target
- Was concerned about OL and right side got dominated at time... gave up at least 3 of the sacks, 4th and goal they got no push and 3rd and 1 Hanson got pushed back early in game
- Several injuries... Barnes probably out very long time.. Walker and Runyan left and did not return
- Did like Zach Tom when he came in at guard
- Special teams played OK

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 1 game... hopefully Packers can turn it around next week at home vs Bears.

- Justin Jefferson looks like a monster in this new Vikings offense
- Defense looked bad in first half, but limited Vikings to 6 points in 2nd half
- Packers averaged over 6 yards a carry... felt they should have rushed the ball more, only 18 attempts of the 61 plays
- Watson huge drop on his first NFL target
- Was concerned about OL and right side got dominated at time... gave up at least 3 of the sacks, 4th and goal they got no push and 3rd and 1 Hanson got pushed back early in game
- Several injuries... Barnes probably out very long time.. Walker and Runyan left and did not return

- Did like Zach Tom when he came in at guard
- Special teams played OK
These are the big ones that are indicative of the production throughout the season, not just yesterday's game. GB is starting the second team OL right now. Add in the high volume of fresh faces in the WR corps (including two rookies) and this feels a lot like the (6-9-1) 2018 season.

Hopefully, the starting OL can get healthy and stabilize within the next few weeks; the longer these injuries drag on the larger the snowball will get. Going into the season, I expected that the two RBs would probably also lead the team in receptions and so far that looks like it will probably be the case. GB can still move the ball and put points on the board in that scenario and Rodgers is still good enough to draw the defense in with the short passing then hit some deep ones on occasion (and hopefully the receiver actually catches it next time).

I'm starting to get the feeling that Rodgers will retire after this season. Having a bad OL and no trustworthy receivers will beat him down and wear him down to the point where the game just isn't fun anymore.

All that said, even if GB doesn't get some OL back in the lineup, I think we'll see a sharper, more hungry team next week at home against the Bears.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am unsure how much a few reps in preseason make a difference...
Apparently it makes all the difference in the world. Last year the starters didnt play and got embarrassed by the Aints and this year was the same but at least the defense came around in the 2nd half.

I get it, they use the pre season to evaluate players but the starters need to feel that game speed if only for a series or two. Yea, they can simulate in practice but there just isnt a substitute for the real thing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it makes all the difference in the world. Last year the starters didnt play and got embarrassed by the Aints and this year was the same but at least the defense came around in the 2nd half.

I get it, they use the pre season to evaluate players but the starters need to feel that game speed if only for a series or two. Yea, they can simulate in practice but there just isnt a substitute for the real thing.

Does not really explain the Vikings then, who rested all their starters in preseason as well.

Packers starting OL did play entire first quarter in last 2 preseason games and they were part of the issue with mental errors noted by LaFleur and Rodgers and not running correct blocking scheme that was called that lead to fumble on one occasion. I do not know what is best for resting or playing during preseason... but that is not the reason they lost. As per your theory, our OL should have played better in comparison to rest of team that sat and that was not the case.

Defense started slow... do not think they were ready for Jefferson and his role in new offensive scheme. But they did hold Vikings to 6 points in 2nd half and 23 points in the game... and it would not surprise me if Vikings are near the top this year in offense in league if they stay healthy with all the weapons and their new coach.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not really explain the Vikings then, who rested all their starters in preseason as well.
The key difference between MIN & GB resting players was in the passing game. Cousins already had years of strong chemistry with their top veteran receivers and didn't really need to build any. Conversely, Cobb was the only GB WR on the field Sunday who Rodgers had previously thrown a pass to in an NFL game and two rookie receivers were to be heavily involved. In a situation like that, you really need to do everything you can to build chemistry with the rookies and new faces leading into game 1 and LaFleur fell short on that. A couple of series in the preseason wouldn't be much, but it would at least be something. It would provide an opportunity for Rodgers to work with his guys a little bit more on certain things like technique & reads he expects from his guys and provide some game tape to review & analyze.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key difference between MIN & GB resting players was in the passing game. Cousins already had years of strong chemistry with their top veteran receivers and didn't really need to build any. Conversely, Cobb was the only GB WR on the field Sunday who Rodgers had previously thrown a pass to in an NFL game and two rookie receivers were to be heavily involved. In a situation like that, you really need to do everything you can to build chemistry with the rookies and new faces leading into game 1 and LaFleur fell short on that. A couple of series in the preseason wouldn't be much, but it would at least be something. It would provide an opportunity for Rodgers to work with his guys a little bit more on certain things like technique & reads he expects from his guys and provide some game tape to review & analyze.

While there is no doubt the O was not good in this game, the D wasn't good either, especially in the first half. I think they didn't really know what to expect from the Vikings O, and they took advantage of it until the D finally made adjustments to counter in the 2nd half. To me, the Vikings were the better prepared team in this game due to several factors. Either way, it's 1 game and it's not the end of the season, now if we see the same issues Sunday night, I'll be slightly concerned...especially on D, as that's supposed to be the strength of this team

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While there is no doubt the O was not good in this game, the D wasn't good either, especially in the first half. I think they didn't really know what to expect from the Vikings O, and they took advantage of it until the D finally made adjustments to counter in the 2nd half. To me, the Vikings were the better prepared team in this game due to several factors. Either way, it's 1 game and it's not the end of the season, now if we see the same issues Sunday night, I'll be slightly concerned...especially on D, as that's supposed to be the strength of this team
Yeah, there's no excuse for allowing Jefferson to run free. That's poor performance by the players. While I hate that it happened, I also acknowledge that there was no tape to study on O'Connell's offense and the D had to kinda fly by the seat of their pants in that first half. Credit to Berry for making some adjustments in the second half.

The thing that irks me most about that game 1 loss, though, is that there was opportunity to improve offensive performance through extra preparation & repetition in the preseason and LaFleur forfeited that opportunity.

I'm pretty confident we'll see a different Packers team on the field this weekend.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's no excuse for allowing Jefferson to run free. That's poor performance by the players. While I hate that it happened, I also acknowledge that there was no tape to study on O'Connell's offense and the D had to kinda fly by the seat of their pants in that first half. Credit to Berry for making some adjustments in the second half.

The thing that irks me most about that game 1 loss, though, is that there was opportunity to improve offensive performance through extra preparation & repetition in the preseason and LaFleur forfeited that opportunity.

I'm pretty confident we'll see a different Packers team on the field this weekend.

Packers starting OL did play entire first quarter in last 2 preseason games and they were part of the issue with mental errors noted by LaFleur and Rodgers and not running correct blocking scheme that was called that lead to fumble on one occasion. I do not know what is best for resting or playing during preseason... but that is not the reason they lost. As per your theory, our OL should have played better in comparison to rest of team that sat and that was not the case.

Defense started slow... do not think they were ready for Jefferson and his role in new offensive scheme. But they did hold Vikings to 6 points in 2nd half and 23 points in the game... and it would not surprise me if Vikings are near the top this year in offense in league if they stay healthy with all the weapons and their new coach.
So i was being slightly facetious in my first sentence but i do believe it does show how un prepared GB was. Same thing happened last year in the first game and in the playoffs. Granted, Special Teams were anything but special the whole year and reared its ugly head in the playoffs, the offense only managed one touchdown at home. The whole team, from the coaches to the players underperformed once again in post season. who's to say we wont see a repeat?

And now, this year, no Adams, i am going to be even more skeptical than last year. Yea, its hard to be positive when this organization refuses to fix what is broke. I think they put band aids over gaping wounds and think thats the answer since they have Rodgers but after him, the talent level drops off. You just cant win it all with the roster they have....im 99% confident will we see the same results or worse this season. Meh, what do i know, im just a minion.

Lastly, i like Lafleur but i think he gets outcoached way to often.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, its hard to be positive when this organization refuses to fix what is broke. I think they put band aids over gaping wounds and think thats the answer since they have Rodgers but after him, the talent level drops off. You just cant win it all with the roster they have....im 99% confident will we see the same results or worse this season.
Reminder that there is a salary cap. The NFL isn't MLB and the Packers aren't the Dodgers. They can't just buy the best & most expensive players at every position to fill roster holes; there needs to be a healthy balance of high-paid top-level veterans, some good players on rookie deals and fairly-paid middling quality vets to fill out the roster. Gute & co. have been quite successful at accomplishing that when you compare the Packers to other NFL franchises.

The Packers have done a good job of filling roster holes. Five years ago, the secondary was a mess, now it's one of the better secondaries in the league through good drafting and FA signings. A few years ago the LB corps was a mess and Gute drafted a couple good guys and signed a couple good guys and now it's a solid group with potential to be one of the best in the league. Gute drafted two good RBs in the past five years. He hit on several OL draft picks.

Right now, the OL has injury problems. If we can get guys back and at full strength soon, that will be a solid group, too.

The only position group of concern is WR and Gute drafted two guys who have shown signs of being quality NFL players, but it takes time. He signed a journeyman vet to help bridge the development and the perceived #1 WR is injured right now.

Can this be a Super Bowl team this year? Yeah, I think it can if the core of the roster is healthy down the stretch and gets hot at the right time. Do I expect it? No, but that won't stop me from enjoying the ride.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminder that there is a salary cap. The NFL isn't MLB and the Packers aren't the Dodgers. They can't just buy the best & most expensive players at every position to fill roster holes; there needs to be a healthy balance of high-paid top-level veterans, some good players on rookie deals and fairly-paid middling quality vets to fill out the roster. Gute & co. have been quite successful at accomplishing that when you compare the Packers to other NFL franchises.

The Packers have done a good job of filling roster holes. Five years ago, the secondary was a mess, now it's one of the better secondaries in the league through good drafting and FA signings. A few years ago the LB corps was a mess and Gute drafted a couple good guys and signed a couple good guys and now it's a solid group with potential to be one of the best in the league. Gute drafted two good RBs in the past five years. He hit on several OL draft picks.

Right now, the OL has injury problems. If we can get guys back and at full strength soon, that will be a solid group, too.

The only position group of concern is WR and Gute drafted two guys who have shown signs of being quality NFL players, but it takes time. He signed a journeyman vet to help bridge the development and the perceived #1 WR is injured right now.

Can this be a Super Bowl team this year? Yeah, I think it can if the core of the roster is healthy down the stretch and gets hot at the right time. Do I expect it? No, but that won't stop me from enjoying the ride.
Yea, i wont claim to know all the ins and outs of the salary cap. I would think after losing Adams they would have made a better attempt at getting a solid veteran receiver. And im sure they tried but they always seem to get beat out by another team. Now some of that may fall on not wanting to come to GB but you would think the lure of playing with Rodgers would be strong enough. History has shown that players will go to

I do think the secondary got better but it didn't look like it in the first half at minny. Saw some of the highlights of Jefferson's catches and there was no one even close to him. That's absolutely pathetic and doesn't show that the secondary is one of the better ones in the league. Also didn't help that Cousins had all day to throw the ball. Again, doesn't show the defense is one of the better ones in the league. I know, first game but I've seen this movie before and it never ends well.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, i wont claim to know all the ins and outs of the salary cap. I would think after losing Adams they would have made a better attempt at getting a solid veteran receiver. And im sure they tried but they always seem to get beat out by another team. Now some of that may fall on not wanting to come to GB but you would think the lure of playing with Rodgers would be strong enough. History has shown that players will go to

By not giving Adams a huge contract, GB was able to retain several key guys they probably would've otherwise been forced to let walk due to no cap space - like Jaire and Campbell. They brought in journeyman WR Sammy Watkins cheaply and drafted some guys to help bridge the gap. It sucks today, but the Packers organization functions on factoring present and future, not just loading all eggs into this year's basket and I wouldn't want it any other way.

The Raiders gave Adams a 5-year $140M deal with a $40M cap hit in years 4 & 5 - when he's in his mid-30's. What are the chances he's actually worth that then? Frankly, while losing Adams stings this year and possibly even next year, the Packers are very likely going to be in a much better position to compete down the road than having a then-over-the-hill Adams anchoring the team's cap situation and preventing them from filling out a complete roster.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By not giving Adams a huge contract, GB was able to retain several key guys they probably would've otherwise been forced to let walk due to no cap space - like Jaire and Campbell. They brought in journeyman WR Sammy Watkins cheaply and drafted some guys to help bridge the gap. It sucks today, but the Packers organization functions on factoring present and future, not just loading all eggs into this year's basket and I wouldn't want it any other way.

The Raiders gave Adams a 5-year $140M deal with a $40M cap hit in years 4 & 5 - when he's in his mid-30's. What are the chances he's actually worth that then? Frankly, while losing Adams stings this year and possibly even next year, the Packers are very likely going to be in a much better position to compete down the road than having a then-over-the-hill Adams anchoring the team's cap situation and preventing them from filling out a complete roster.

I honestly like how front office handled this offseason.

They kept several key players on defense (Campbell, Douglas), some now in line for extensions and drafted I think 2 pretty good players for the defense early.

I agree OL should be better with return of some starters. The left side now I think is very good.. it is the right side presently that is a bit of a concern... but still think Packers OL far from worst in league with present starters. Also think Zach Tom came in and did well after Runyan injury.

WRs will be the question mark... what Watkins will do, how much Lazard will step up and what impact rookies will have.

This is a team if it stays healthy could be a very strong December/January team if can make the playoffs. I like their chances better than if defense suffered more losses from roster (Campbell, Douglas) and still had Adams honestly.

We shall see I guess....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win... but Packers made that game much more interesting than it should have been.

Run defense is atrocious right now for the Packers. Defense only gave up 10 points, but feels like much more considering how bad the run defense is. Fortunately appears Fields is not much of a passer.

Packers ran the ball extremely well, Jones had banner day. Good to have Lazard and Jenkins back. Jenkins gave up at least one sack... should have been called for holding on another play. Probably take a little time to shake off all the rust.