• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 season

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I know for sure...as a fanbase, we're spoiled as hell
I agree even though ALL of the early playoff exits do get tiresome and hurt a little extra; I do understand many teams don’t make the playoffs for long periods of time, so we always have it better than them.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors of a heavy push for a Chase Claypool trade.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Washington. This is one of those games where if they lose then I think there is a serious problem but if they win it’s not that impressive cuz it’s Washington minus their starting QB.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so damn tired of watching out edge players not protecting the outside edge on runs...dammit

DrewPaulBlue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ Washington. This is one of those games where if they lose then I think there is a serious problem but if they win it’s not that impressive cuz it’s Washington minus their starting QB.
Which is worse the Packers losing or Tampa Bay? Either one spells trouble...

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If simplifying the plan was simply looking worse, mission accomplished...this O was awful today...just pathetic

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad we replaced the best receiver in the league over the last 3 years with...
1. A veteran receiver with a long history of soft tissue injuries who's already missed 4 games with......wait for it......a soft tissue injury
2. A second round pick who can't get out of the training room
3. A 4th round pick with potential who plays like a 4th round pick with potential. Which does nothing to really help now

Add on a suddenly putrid offensive line and what looks like yet another underwhelming Green Bay defense. I don't think one move mid-season would do anything to improve this team but Gutey has to address something

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it and I’m still not certain, but we may have reached the point where GB is bad for a while, a long while.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I'd be willing to settle for weekly improvement. Just no stupid penalties, totally blown coverage by whoever, set an actual edge consistently on D, no kicking game idiocy...you know, fundamental stuff would be good, or at least a start.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't disagree with the vast majority of that article, but this I do disagree with... (the wording of it at least)

Jaire Alexander allowed three huge plays to Terry McLaurin

Jaire was glued to McLaurin's hip on each of those plays; he was playing strong man coverage all day. Don't make it sound like Alexander was out there looking like Ahmad Carroll. McLaurin is one of the best receivers in the league and he & Heinicke executed when it mattered most - despite tight coverage by Jaire. It's the same shit Rodgers and Adams had been doing to the league's best opposing corners for the past few years.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with the vast majority of that article, but this I do disagree with... (the wording of it at least)

Jaire was glued to McLaurin's hip on each of those plays; he was playing strong man coverage all day. Don't make it sound like Alexander was out there looking like Ahmad Carroll. McLaurin is one of the best receivers in the league and he & Heinicke executed when it mattered most - despite tight coverage by Jaire. It's the same shit Rodgers and Adams had been doing to the league's best opposing corners for the past few years.
So, should most of the blame go to lack of pass rush? They only had one sack, not sure about pressures.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, should most of the blame go to lack of pass rush? They only had one sack, not sure about pressures.
I believe it is a bit concerning that this defense is getting beat by teams that they shouldnt. They have only held 2 teams under 20 points and those are Chicago and Tampa which are struggling offensively. The defense shows flashes of being good but for whatever reason cant put it together for 60 minutes.

Think McFly Think

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it is a bit concerning that this defense is getting beat by teams that they shouldnt. They have only held 2 teams under 20 points and those are Chicago and Tampa which are struggling offensively. The defense shows flashes of being good but for whatever reason cant put it together for 60 minutes.
Part of it is probably the offense not staying on the field, they get tired I imagine.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion is the blame lies primarily in scheme. I have always strongly disliked playing soft zones as a base defense and that's exactly what we've gotten out of Capers, Pettine and Barry. It worked a lot better 15 years ago than it does now as even the most pedestrian of QBs know where the holes are and are proficient enough to exploit them. I, personally, would like to dump the 3-4 zone base defense (which includes Barry) and transition to a more aggressive defensive philosophy. We've got solid talent all over the field on defense now and therefore are much more capable of being aggressive while still being able to minimize the big plays that soft zones prioritize.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- OL seemed to play better, no sacks and 1 QB hit in the game to that front 4 is pretty good.
- Several dropped balls... Jones, Dillon (on what could have been big gainer), Doubs 2 drops that would have extended drives on 3rd and 4th down
- Several possible interceptions dropped... Douglas, Alexander, Walker
- A. Rodgers another fumble on punt returns... cannot say I like him back there anymore

Think this team has losers mentality right now with all the poor execution... it appears they take a blow (maybe Stokes penalty this game negating 2nd defensive TD) and they have difficulty with the adversity from the play.

Defense still poor vs run, but overall cannot blame them too much. Last 3 games only 23 points at half... get worn out in 2nd half as offense is not sustaining drives at all and staying on the field to get some rest.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion is the blame lies primarily in scheme. I have always strongly disliked playing soft zones as a base defense and that's exactly what we've gotten out of Capers, Pettine and Barry. It worked a lot better 15 years ago than it does now as even the most pedestrian of QBs know where the holes are and are proficient enough to exploit them. I, personally, would like to dump the 3-4 zone base defense (which includes Barry) and transition to a more aggressive defensive philosophy. We've got solid talent all over the field on defense now and therefore are much more capable of being aggressive while still being able to minimize the big plays that soft zones prioritize.
So, should a part of the blame also go to Mgt? Seems like its broke but the powers that be dont know how to fix it. The defense has had trouble stopping the run for years now and it continues. Too me, its 2 fold. 1. You need the right guy in there that will put his players in position to be successful and 2. The right players to get it done.

I think they have several pieces of the puzzle but are missing the right guy to make it all happen.