• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Offseason... FA, Draft, Staff, Camps, Etc

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Johnson is asking for 5years/75 Million.

I am torn. Part of me is like that they must do this for a top WR since they will need it with a crappy QB/OL.
But the other part of me questions: Is he really a top WR in this league?

In the end I think they need to do this.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor is Johnson is asking for 5years/75 Million.

I am torn. Part of me is like that they must do this for a top WR since they will need it with a crappy QB/OL.
But the other part of me questions: Is he really a top WR in this league?

In the end I think they need to do this.
If he wasnt dropping the ball. There wouldnt be a question.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wasnt dropping the ball. There wouldnt be a question.
Totally and if you look at the overall numbers he wasn't anywhere near the top of the dropped passes this season. Unfortunately his drops came at the worst times.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally and if you look at the overall numbers he wasn't anywhere near the top of the dropped passes this season. Unfortunately his drops came at the worst times.
They did. I still stand by he has glue hands and its mental. But at some point you have to get over that. His routes and ability to create separation are in fact elite. Right now hes probably in that 15-25 range of wrs. But hes grown each year. Hard not to think he wont continue to improve. At 15
Mill a year, i think im ok with that. Id be even more ok if they front loaded somewhat and his cap became less or
More towards the 15 mill later.

We also have to consider if they bring in a younger qb. They have to have a go to wr…thats not claypool, not by a longshot. They both have such elite traits. If they put it together they have a top tier pair.

I hate to say you need to evaluate the landscape around you. But look in your own division. The bengals have boyd, higgins and chase. The ravens have invested as well. The browns havent . But also the top teams also have top tier talent, at least one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any question that Pickett is the top QB in this class. But honestly, I like next year's crop better. I'd rather them fill in some holes (mainly strengthen both lines) and then try to get their guy next year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any question that Pickett is the top QB in this class. But honestly, I like next year's crop better. I'd rather them fill in some holes (mainly strengthen both lines) and then try to get their guy next year.
Agree, but the watson
Mahomes, class was a “down” year too….

Im not as down on willis as everyone else. I dont think he has the mental game, and his mechanics and things need work. But he has intangibles. Essentially josh allen. Thing is josh allen happens 2/100 tries

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR coach… good. Hopefully that puts an end to that horrible WR system they had the last few years where nobody was allowed to be position-flexible. I guess that means they are all in on giving Canada his full system this year. We’ll get to see just how much it was adapted to fit Ben’s strengths.

DJ… I’m in. Dude has been the only player worth a damn at WR for the last 2 years. His drops weren’t a problem last season until the postseason, which was unfortunate. But he still hasn’t even peaked yet and he’s a top 10 WR in the league. If they can find a OL that can afford him more time to get open downfield & a QB that can deliver it consistently then he’ll ball out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might be the best fit for JuJu but aren’t they already stacked at WR?
Not really if Emmanuel Sanders hangs em up. He’s apparently taking some time to weigh his potential retirement.

Without Sanders it just Diggs & Beasley. And I guess Gabriel Davis.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers interviewing morocco brown, colts college scouting director.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really if Emmanuel Sanders hangs em up. He’s apparently taking some time to weigh his potential retirement.

Without Sanders it just Diggs & Beasley. And I guess Gabriel Davis.

Yeah some guys that have played really well but arent really studs. Even sanders only had a handful of good weeks. They spread the ball. Its diggs and the rest. Beasley kinda had a down season too. Theyve been reluctant to give davis a full run which baffles me hes been awesome when giving the chance.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah some guys that have played really well but arent really studs. Even sanders only had a handful of good weeks. They spread the ball. Its diggs and the rest. Beasley kinda had a down season too. Theyve been reluctant to give davis a full run which baffles me hes been awesome when giving the chance.
Josh Allen has a tendency to be a 2-read & run QB. Doesn’t often get down to the 3rd or 4th progression. If he doesn’t like the presnap read he likely won’t look that receivers way again after the snap.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Allen has a tendency to be a 2-read & run QB. Doesn’t often get down to the 3rd or 4th progression. If he doesn’t like the presnap read he likely won’t look that receivers way again after the snap.
yep, and thats actually progress for josh allen. Whats amazing is the work and the sytem the bills and really the ravens have put on place to have these uber talented, but flawed qbs excel. Thats a credit to the player and the coaching staff, it doesn't happen often, and they are two examples.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More ammo for the detractors

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but the watson
Mahomes, class was a “down” year too….

Im not as down on willis as everyone else. I dont think he has the mental game, and his mechanics and things need work. But he has intangibles. Essentially josh allen. Thing is josh allen happens 2/100 tries
True. I would be fine taking a flyer on Willis in the late second or third round. But those odds in the first, ugh. Especially with everything else this team needs. We need good players at any position group we can get them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I would be fine taking a flyer on Willis in the late second or third round. But those odds in the first, ugh. Especially with everything else this team needs. We need good players at any position group we can get them.
Yup i agree. If we get him, then im intrigued. I mean hes got tools, but yeah.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you happen to know what "efficiency" is exactly
Didn't read into it. But I'm guessing 3rd down conversion %, 4th down conversion %, and possibly RZ conversion %. Either or, all, or a combination.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expected nothing, and I'm still disappointed.

I would have rather kept Chris Morgan.

We're getting a guy from an OL situation about as bad as our own.