• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NE Patriots Training Camp

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He don't look bad for 70 and he's banging a piece of ass.

GO BILL!!!!!!!
I here you I am approaching 60 and cannot shed extra pounds for the life of me. Got a Dr. Appt Tuesday want to see if I can get a referral to dietician or something

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I here you I am approaching 60 and cannot shed extra pounds for the life of me. Got a Dr. Appt Tuesday want to see if I can get a referral to dietician or something

Dude, I'm gonna be 52 in November and I hike the mountains near my house every day with weights. 20lbs in a back pack and two 15lb dumbells in my hands. I also play baseball with my kid, coach his team, and still lightly practice martial arts regularly.

And I diet very well.

And it's STILL a struggle to maintain due to my love of margaritas.

I'm so used to being able to just shed the weight but not anymore.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm gonna be 52 in November and I hike the mountains near my house every day with weights. 20lbs in a back pack and two 15lb dumbells in my hands. I also play baseball with my kid, coach his team, and still lightly practice martial arts regularly.

And I diet very well.

Well I need to make the effort to cut out the wicked whites, and sandwiches and chips and Ben and Jerry's. I can limit all that and quit some of it. But I will not give my bourbon

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for you guys, if I drink light beer for a week I lose five pounds and I don't have it to lose.

I'll leave now.
No it's cool, being under weight can also be dangerous.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I diet very well.

My lower back won't take it.
I walk everyday and started doing it with a weighted vest to up my game.
Nope, NOT happening. I can put on a 20-30 lb backpack and cart that around all day, for 1 day, but if I start doing it everyday, my discs start reminding me they like to herniate and rupture.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for you guys, if I drink light beer for a week I lose five pounds and I don't have it to lose.

I'll leave now.
stop fuck off GIF

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I hear that every day from the wife.
The doctor says I'm ok though. Age 63 6' tall & 155 lbs.

As long as you're feeling good and it's not some health related reason, fuck it. I've always kinda felt that carrying extra weight ultimately starts to break us down as we age. I'm 6' as well and just about 200lbs. I'm in decent shape but at 51 years old I'm thinking I should get down to around 185lbs and stay there.

But I do love those margaritas.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you're feeling good and it's not some health related reason, fuck it. I've always kinda felt that carrying extra weight ultimately starts to break us down as we age. I'm 6' as well and just about 200lbs. I'm in decent shape but at 51 years old I'm thinking I should get down to around 185lbs and stay there.

Margaritas are wonderful, stick with them.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Time to "fess up" I'll be 70 in a couple of months.
I have arthritis everywhere but my spine is appalling.
When in training, I used to run 5 miles every other day, alternating with a 25 to 50 mile bike ride.
I swam a mile every day but almost never lifted weights.
In my 50's I could throw any of you guys over a 6' fence.
Those days are gone.. I'm old.
The good news: You can only be young once but you can be immature forever!
As for the weight. I'm not really concerned. I worked andtrained so hard all my life and now I'm happy just to be active.

I'm younger and healthier than @BigKen, so I got that going for me!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pass the margarita over here please.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Time to "fess up" I'll be 70 in a couple of months.
I have arthritis everywhere but my spine is appalling.
When in training, I used to run 5 miles every other day, alternating with a 25 to 50 mile bike ride.
I swam a mile every day but almost never lifted weights.
In my 50's I could throw any of you guys over a 6' fence.
Those days are gone.. I'm old.
The good news: You can only be young once but you can be immature forever!
As for the weight. I'm not really concerned. I worked andtrained so hard all my life and now I'm happy just to be active.

I'm younger and healthier than @BigKen, so I got that going for me!
Well as I said I am approaching 60 and at 59 I feel like I have to make some better life choices, something has to change. I seem to have lost the mental discipline to do what I know it right, and I cannot figure out how to get that and the motivation to exercise back. I am really struggling with this and hope my family doctor can provide guidance, or a referral. I don't want to do weight loss surgery but I refuse not to consider it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as I said I am approaching 60 and at 59 I feel like I have to make some better life choices, something has to change. I seem to have lost the mental discipline to do what I know it right, and I cannot figure out how to get that and the motivation to exercise back. I am really struggling with this and hope my family doctor can provide guidance, or a referral. I don't want to do weight loss surgery but I refuse not to consider it.
If you are morbidly obese you need to work on it. It is called "morbidly" for a simple reason!
If you are just overweight and otherwise healthy, there is a lot of evidence that it really doesn't matter.
Many "experts" will say otherwise but body shaming is a bunch of crap.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are morbidly obese you need to work on it. It is called "morbidly" for a simple reason!
If you are just overweight and otherwise healthy, there is a lot of evidence that it really doesn't matter.
Many "experts" will say otherwise but body shaming is a bunch of crap.
I am 5' 11'' 235 pounds. I would really like to get to about 194 to 204 does not sound like a lot of weight to lose but it sure is.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 5' 11'' 235 pounds. I would really like to get to about 194 to 204 does not sound like a lot of weight to lose but it sure is.
If you are healthy, you can lose that in one month with the atkins diet.
The Atkins diet will not work at all if you cheat at all, It can be dangerous to do if you cheat at all!
Yes, you'd want to give up your bourbon!
Straight alcohol is not forbidden but you'll not burn fat off while your metabolizing alcohol.
One glass a day could make your diet take twice as long.