• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Game #3 NE Patriots vs LV Raiders 7:30 PM Friday, August 26, 2022 NFL Network

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders going for a FG, it’s good. 3-0 Raiders.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats starters out there again for second drive.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones 3-3 to Parker, Meyers and Smith.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones scrambles for a 1st down.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac INT, terrible throw, had all the time in the world …

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Raided inside the 5 again. TD Raiders. Pats starters getting smacked around.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats O looks anemic. Starters out there for the full Q1 and got no rhythm going. Two more weeks to get the shit together. C’mon man!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it’s not a good idea to not have a dedicated O coordinator? Just sayin…
Time will tell, this newest BB experiment is not working so far.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starters still out there to begin Q2. Let’s get something going man!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More or less decent drive but can’t let a TD get away like that. A lot of work ahead.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah yeah it’s only the preseason, but when your offense is not clicking, Houston, we have a problem. Maybe the brainy Patricia can figure it out? Hmm, long shot.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m going all out homer and going to say that the Pats will be ready and start the season 1-0.
Forget about all the garbage we’ve seen so far in preseason. Miami is a great town and all that, but fuck the Dolphins.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not comfortable with this offense. Mac looked like he may have regressed slightly? Good number of completions but his long ball is looking God awful. Bad decision on the INT. This is a reason I wish he and the other startes saw some action in preseason game 1.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what did people see good tonight and what did you see bad?

I'll start the front 7 look dominant. Run stuffing and pressure the two notables. Liked Mitchell's motor.

I am concerned that the Vegas RBs seemed to get around the edge too often and too ez.

The CBs are going to need a lot of safety help.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll start the front 7 look dominant. Run stuffing and pressure the two notables. Liked Mitchell's motor.

I am concerned that the Vegas RBs seemed to get around the edge too often and too ez.

I see it a bit differently. As always, it comes down to game plan and calls. First play was awesome. Then it went downhill. I think they will be better when season starts. Good group of players, but out if synch.

Bad: A lot. It was pretty bad all around. Watched the full game from the start.

There are no captains on the field of play.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The good is all on the defensive side. Starters are strong and fast. They will improve as the season progresses.

The bad. Where does one start? Offensive line was just plain bad. They don't seem to be able to get any push and the RBs are getting stuffed everywhere. Mac Jones. He's refusing to throw the ball that will lead the WRs. He's checking down and dumping off three, four or five yard passes that don't allow the receiver to get more than a step after catching the ball. He threw the same short pass three times on thrid down and the TE couldn't get the first down. A yard short every time. Pretty simple to say, "take one more step up field guys."

Officiating was horrible. OPI on Parker was called by an official away not the one watching the play at the goal line. Holding on Wydemeyer on the three yard run was called from 15 yards away to Wydemeyer's back. How the hell could he see his hands? Unnecessary roughness on the Jabril Peppers sideline hit was total BS. The Raider was still in bounds and again the flag was thrown from away from the play and not by the sideline judge. Officiating cost the Patriots two TDs. If nothing else changed, they lose 23-20 or they maybe get their offense together and score a couple more.

All indications point at an offense that just doesn't seem to want to be in New England. Trent Brown tweeted that he just wants to go home, that this isn't worth his time. I know BB doesn't pay attention to stuff like that but he needs to have a talk with Brown and ask him what the problem is. You let that stuff go and it will spread like a virus and infect the entire team.

Like someone posted, there doesn't seem to be any team veterans stepping up to take the lead. I'm back to my 8-9 or worse prediction. Over the past couple of games, IMO, Zappe has looked much better than Mac.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good is all on the defensive side. Starters are strong and fast. They will improve as the season progresses.

The bad. Where does one start? Offensive line was just plain bad. They don't seem to be able to get any push and the RBs are getting stuffed everywhere. Mac Jones. He's refusing to throw the ball that will lead the WRs. He's checking down and dumping off three, four or five yard passes that don't allow the receiver to get more than a step after catching the ball. He threw the same short pass three times on thrid down and the TE couldn't get the first down. A yard short every time. Pretty simple to say, "take one more step up field guys."

Officiating was horrible. OPI on Parker was called by an official away not the one watching the play at the goal line. Holding on Wydemeyer on the three yard run was called from 15 yards away to Wydemeyer's back. How the hell could he see his hands? Unnecessary roughness on the Jabril Peppers sideline hit was total BS. The Raider was still in bounds and again the flag was thrown from away from the play and not by the sideline judge. Officiating cost the Patriots two TDs. If nothing else changed, they lose 23-20 or they maybe get their offense together and score a couple more.

All indications point at an offense that just doesn't seem to want to be in New England. Trent Brown tweeted that he just wants to go home, that this isn't worth his time. I know BB doesn't pay attention to stuff like that but he needs to have a talk with Brown and ask him what the problem is. You let that stuff go and it will spread like a virus and infect the entire team.

Like someone posted, there doesn't seem to be any team veterans stepping up to take the lead. I'm back to my 8-9 or worse prediction. Over the past couple of games, IMO, Zappe has looked much better than Mac.
The OPI was marginal, the hand was there but the push wasn't really a push at all. The hold was also marginal where it was a good block until the defender twisted and made the hand look like it was holding but there was never the tug of a hold. The roughness call was a head to head but it was really the offender who had the forward lead as pepper did not lead with his head, but he wasn't watching where his head was going either.

I've said it before. The league needs to ban should block tackles. It causes the defender to move their eyes off the play and they generate too much force. Tackle properly and the should block isn't necessary.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw no positives from this game except our punting. The Raiders back ups scored on our starting defense. That shouldn't happen. Offensive line couldn't block their backups. Costly penalties agian. This was a problem last year too. It seemed every big play was called back because of a penalty. Safeties were getting burned all night. I know it's just preseason but I was very embarrassed by the Patriots lastnight.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw no positives from this game except our punting. The Raiders back ups scored on our starting defense. That shouldn't happen. Offensive line couldn't block their backups. Costly penalties agian. This was a problem last year too. It seemed every big play was called back because of a penalty. Safeties were getting burned all night. I know it's just preseason but I was very embarrassed by the Patriots lastnight.
As you said, it's only preseason and I always give a pass for the preseason. There are just too many variables including backups playing their Super Bowl, certain starters playing as though it's a meaningless game (it don't count but the show often goes the same way as the dress rehearsal) and most importantly the game planning chessman-ship isn't active.

However (actually, HOWEVER) the trend is concerning and will continue to be until these issues disappear during real gameplay.