• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NE Patriots Training Camp

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have read the Pats are supposed to have a top 5 defense, and I think I read a top 10 O Line. With the #32 WR Corps and who knows what the run game expectation is. Could be real interesting season.
I think the WR corps will surprise many. Especially if you include Henry and Smith in that group.

With the reports coming out of camp the Oline has me concerned.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all bad news! (fortunately)
It's all on the O-line. Everybody else is playing very well!
Our defense is Super Bowl ready. Our O-line needs a look by Scarnecchia. Something is not clicking?????

BUT IT IS CAMP!

▪ Center Connor Williams continued to have some difficulty with snapping. None of his snaps have been outrageously bad in camp, but once again, a few were a bit high.

▪ Tagovailoa overthrew a few passes, including one to Waddle (with Jevon Holland in coverage) and another to Cedrick Wilson Jr. He also underthrew Hill.

Tagovailoa was 1 for 4 in the first set of 11 on 11 drills, with Chase Edmonds catching the only completion.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all bad news! (fortunately)
It's all on the O-line. Everybody else is playing very well!
Our defense is Super Bowl ready. Our O-line needs a look by Scarnecchia. Something is not clicking?????

BUT IT IS CAMP!

▪ Center Connor Williams continued to have some difficulty with snapping. None of his snaps have been outrageously bad in camp, but once again, a few were a bit high.

▪ Tagovailoa overthrew a few passes, including one to Waddle (with Jevon Holland in coverage) and another to Cedrick Wilson Jr. He also underthrew Hill.

Tagovailoa was 1 for 4 in the first set of 11 on 11 drills, with Chase Edmonds catching the only completion.
Dolphins???

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I would say this, in fairness to everyone, I just think this is the wrong time to evaluate it,” said Scarnecchia. “The pads have come on, but they’re not playing real football yet, Whenever they play the Giants, we’ll have a better idea where this thing is. Even at that point, it’s not totally fair to say they can’t (do it).

“I think there’s a (three-game) process at hand, where we’ll have a better idea where this thing is going. … What doesn’t look good in training camp early, has no bearing on anything.”

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pro Football Focus' Doug Kyed reports a source indicated WR Nelson Agholor "could be the odd man out" in the Patriots receiver room.​

Per Kyed: "A source close to the situation expects one of the Patriots’ veteran wide receivers to be traded or released, and that source believes Agholor is the prime candidate. Agholor counts for $14.9 million against the salary cap this season. New England would save $9.9 million by trading him and $4.9 million by cutting him." Appearing on a Good Football Show on Monday, NBC Sports Boston's Tom Curran also indicated that he doesn't expect Agholor to play much of a role for the Patriots this season. The question at this point is if the Patriots could actually get another team to take on Agholor's $9 million base salary. Kyed notes that a "personnel executive of a wide receiver-needy team" did not believe the Patriots would be able to find a team willing to take on Agholor's contract, making the 29-year-old a potential release candidate. Ultimately, the Patriots may decide to hang onto the eight-year veteran, but Agholor is firmly off the fantasy radar.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pro Football Focus' Doug Kyed reports a source indicated WR Nelson Agholor "could be the odd man out" in the Patriots receiver room.​

Per Kyed: "A source close to the situation expects one of the Patriots’ veteran wide receivers to be traded or released, and that source believes Agholor is the prime candidate. Agholor counts for $14.9 million against the salary cap this season. New England would save $9.9 million by trading him and $4.9 million by cutting him." Appearing on a Good Football Show on Monday, NBC Sports Boston's Tom Curran also indicated that he doesn't expect Agholor to play much of a role for the Patriots this season. The question at this point is if the Patriots could actually get another team to take on Agholor's $9 million base salary. Kyed notes that a "personnel executive of a wide receiver-needy team" did not believe the Patriots would be able to find a team willing to take on Agholor's contract, making the 29-year-old a potential release candidate. Ultimately, the Patriots may decide to hang onto the eight-year veteran, but Agholor is firmly off the fantasy radar.
No one is taking on that contract. Likely no one even trades for him. Another waste of a WR pick up.

Just cut him. That 4.9M will help.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston sports media is pissed. Bill answered every question they asked with, "It's a process. We're going through a process." He refused to answer who will be calling the offensive plays when the season starts and if he knows yet. So suddenlt Greg Bedard, Chris Gasper, Mike Felger, Mike Giardi and the rest are expressing their thoughts about Bill Belichick and all of them agree, Bill is getting old. Instead of hiring someone young who knows the Shanahan offensive system like Robertson of the Rams and not "His Friends like Judge and Patricia." It'll be interesting to see how really pissed off they get when Bill shuts off the free ride to opponents' practices and games on the weekends this season. I was watching Sports Sunday on NBC Sports Boston this morning and it was hilarious watching the veins stick out a half inch from Felger's neck and his voice pop an octave or two.

So now Bill's getting old. He doesn't hire coaches, he hires friends. The offense sucks. Mac Jones is being held back by Bill dealing with the coaches and not the players. And last but not least. Bill gave the team a three day weekend instead of making them practice Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Oh yeah, one other thing that pissed them off. There was a Boston Pops concert on Nantucket Island this past Saturday Night and the media got wind that Bill's girlfriend was going. They all went to Nantucket, expecting to pin Bill for some answers. She showed up with three other women and Bill was nowhere in sight. They went into a rage wondering whether or not Bill was watching Giant game film.

Patriots are in Carolina for mixed practices with the Panthers all week. Game is Friday.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston sports media is pissed. Bill answered every question they asked with, "It's a process. We're going through a process." He refused to answer who will be calling the offensive plays when the season starts and if he knows yet. So suddenlt Greg Bedard, Chris Gasper, Mike Felger, Mike Giardi and the rest are expressing their thoughts about Bill Belichick and all of them agree, Bill is getting old. Instead of hiring someone young who knows the Shanahan offensive system like Robertson of the Rams and not "His Friends like Judge and Patricia." It'll be interesting to see how really pissed off they get when Bill shuts off the free ride to opponents' practices and games on the weekends this season. I was watching Sports Sunday on NBC Sports Boston this morning and it was hilarious watching the veins stick out a half inch from Felger's neck and his voice pop an octave or two.

So now Bill's getting old. He doesn't hire coaches, he hires friends. The offense sucks. Mac Jones is being held back by Bill dealing with the coaches and not the players. And last but not least. Bill gave the team a three day weekend instead of making them practice Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Oh yeah, one other thing that pissed them off. There was a Boston Pops concert on Nantucket Island this past Saturday Night and the media got wind that Bill's girlfriend was going. They all went to Nantucket, expecting to pin Bill for some answers. She showed up with three other women and Bill was nowhere in sight. They went into a rage wondering whether or not Bill was watching Giant game film.

Patriots are in Carolina for mixed practices with the Panthers all week. Game is Friday.
You posted this in the wrong place. It belongs under Stupid News. It's been 22+ years of BB answering (and not answering) as he chooses and the media expects anything different? Of course they don't. Their response is just the typical phony "gas lighting" outrage to create material for their shows and attention for their advertisements.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

every.........f'ing............year!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF you don't gat any Boston sports, it's like a comedy show. They take everything as an assault on them and fire back viciously. Then they can't understand why all of a sudden that they don't have access to the locker room, training room or showers after practice.

I never thought I'd see the local stuff after I moved. Yet I get NESN and NBC Sports Boston down here. Sometimes I have to just turn them off. They're starting to get repetitive.

They are reporters. They say whatever they like!
And you're right. They don't care as long as they are getting clicks or listeners on their pod casts.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF you don't gat any Boston sports, it's like a comedy show. They take everything as an assault on them and fire back viciously. Then they can't understand why all of a sudden that they don't have access to the locker room, training room or showers after practice.

I never thought I'd see the local stuff after I moved. Yet I get NESN and NBC Sports Boston down here. Sometimes I have to just turn them off. They're starting to get repetitive.

And you're right. They don't care as long as they are getting clicks or listeners on their pod casts.

I live in L.A. now and my kid who is going to be 9 soon was born here and while I try to force NE sports on him he's becoming his own person and is rooting for L.A. teams(he's getting a Dodgers Mookie Betts jersey for his birthday). I watch with him and I gotta say NE seems to be unique in it's completely toxic sports media world. It's sickening. Outside of Mike Reiss and very few others Boston sports media is just this toxic cesspool of garbage.