• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NE Patriots Training Camp

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are healthy, you can lose that in one month with the atkins diet.
The Atkins diet will not work at all if you cheat at all, It can be dangerous to do if you cheat at all!
Yes, you'd want to give up your bourbon!
Straight alcohol is not forbidden but you'll not burn fat off while your metabolizing alcohol.
One glass a day could make your diet take twice as long.
Wow man, the bourbon is the one thing I really really enjoy. But it sounds like it may come down to that. My doctor mentioned a Mediterranean diet basically a lot of fish and chicken, fruits, nuts, berries all of which I like. In the end I figured the bourbon was going to be an issue I simply didn't want to admit it to myself.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow man, the bourbon is the one thing I really really enjoy. But it sounds like it may come down to that. My doctor mentioned a Mediterranean diet basically a lot of fish and chicken, fruits, nuts, berries all of which I like. In the end I figured the bourbon was going to be an issue I simply didn't want to admit it to myself.
In moderation you can have a glass with almost any diet. I strongly recommend not drinking at all with Atkins diet.
3 days into the Atkins diet, hunger will mostly vanish. Hunger will return with each glass!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 5' 11'' 235 pounds. I would really like to get to about 194 to 204 does not sound like a lot of weight to lose but it sure is.
For your height, The body mass index goes from Obese to simply overweight at 205 pounds.
Lose 30 pounds and you have nothing to worry about, IMHO
Your target is a good one! Good luck!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For your height, The body mass index goes from Obese to simply overweight at 205 pounds.
Lose 30 pounds and you have nothing to worry about, IMHO
Your target is a good one! Good luck!
Thanks.

I have no kitchen at the moment so healthy cooking has become daunting. But that will be over soon I hope.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My lower back won't take it.
I walk everyday and started doing it with a weighted vest to up my game.
Nope, NOT happening. I can put on a 20-30 lb backpack and cart that around all day, for 1 day, but if I start doing it everyday, my discs start reminding me they like to herniate and rupture.
You should do what I did. Hang a bar some where and buy some gymnastic rings for like $30. You can do everything from pushups, pullups, curl and bicep crushers. All you do is change your body position to impact the weight resistance. You start with little resistance to get used to it, then gradually build up.

Play music in the back ground so it feels like a gym. Alternatively you can buy a trx 80 system for a bit more money and I hear using them are a little easier (not that the rings are tough).

Everyone needs a level of resistance training and even easy training is better than none.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 53 years old. 6'2. 244lbs. Little bit of muscle and a little bit of fat(love handles) Wide shoulders. My body chart profile put me around 190lbs(I think... it's been a while). At 215 lbs which was my lowest(about 35 years old) I looked malnourished. Wife said I looked like I came from a concentration camp. But I've always had love handles. Never went to the gym. Played alot of sports. I'm content with were I am.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 5' 11'' 235 pounds. I would really like to get to about 194 to 204 does not sound like a lot of weight to lose but it sure is.

Dude, that's not bad at all. Ya, it's a lot but it's not out of control. You can totally do this.

A bit of advice that somebody gave me recently and showed immediate results was don't eat for at least three hours before bedtime and increase your water intake to a gallon a day. That's a start and you'll see results.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to keeping a structured diet is picking as much "good for you" food as possible that you actually like and keeping it on hand. It helps if you just don't keep food on hand you shouldn't eat.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, that's not bad at all. Ya, it's a lot but it's not out of control. You can totally do this.

A bit of advice that somebody gave me recently and showed immediate results was don't eat for at least three hours before bedtime and increase your water intake to a gallon a day. That's a start and you'll see results.
I 100% agree.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya, it's the booze. Sorry. Me too. It's a cruel world.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm 53 years old. 6'2. 244lbs. Little bit of muscle and a little bit of fat(love handles) Wide shoulders. My body chart profile put me around 190lbs(I think... it's been a while). At 215 lbs which was my lowest(about 35 years old) I looked malnourished. Wife said I looked like I came from a concentration camp. But I've always had love handles. Never went to the gym. Played alot of sports. I'm content with were I am.
Content is good, very good, very very good. But a level of physical activity is better. I'm not advocating we all should be gym rats, but just enough that the muscles stay honed.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amanda Nighbert Lean.

A nice app that will help you track your macros (Proteins/Fat/Carbs/Fiber) and she preaches 80/20.

Eat real decent 80% of the time, eat like an asshole 20% of the time. In other words, you can have that Woodford, just don't be a lush.
You can have cheeseburgers and other shit too. It just shows you how to track everything so that YOU are eating what's right for YOU.
Takes into account your age, weight, activity level and goals.
She has recipes too and you can add your own in as well.

I was never hungry, and a year later I am still down 15 lbs.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Water with electrolytes.
Electrolytes are basically salts.
If you drink only water you end up flushing the electrolytes out of you body and the majority of todays corporate farm produce does not have the nutritional content to replace them.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Content is good, very good, very very good. But a level of physical activity is better. I'm not advocating we all should be gym rats, but just enough that the muscles stay honed.

My wife and I bought a house up in the mountains about 20 miles north of Los Angeles 2 1/2 years ago. We're about half a mile from a place called Pico Canyon which has some basic and some intense hiking trails. There's so many trails that you can custom tailor your hike to your physical abilities.

It changed my life. I don't have to "push myself" to go to the gym or anything. It's easy to get up and do it. Every day. I simply get up every morning at 5:30 a.m. and do it. And by the time I get to the very top the sun is just coming up over the mountains so I get a little inspiration while I'm at it.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Water with electrolytes.
Electrolytes are basically salts.
If you drink only water you end up flushing the electrolytes out of you body and the majority of todays corporate farm produce does not have the nutritional content to replace them.

Interesting. I just googled "natural electrolytes" and got this. I pretty much consume all of this regularly with spinach and broccoli an every day thing and peanuts my dessert of choice. Am I good?

• spinach.
  • kale.
  • avocados.
  • broccoli.
  • potatoes.
  • beans.
  • almonds.
  • peanuts.