• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NE Patriots Training Camp

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I here you I am approaching 60 and cannot shed extra pounds for the life of me. Got a Dr. Appt Tuesday want to see if I can get a referral to dietician or something
I started Nutri-System in January of 2021. Cost me $1000 for 3 months of Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Desserts and snacks. I lost thirty five pound in three months and got off in April. I was somewhat disciplined and cut out the white stuff and treated myself to a Golden Rods ice cream every two weeks. Here it is, August 2022 and I've lost 66 pounds and kept it off. I went from 298.8 to 232.4. All I did and am starting to do again was walk. 2.5 miles every day. I'm walking 1.5 right now and will start extending this weekend.

You can do it. Just try to cut back a bit on the bourbon, don't deny yourself. Quitting too much to start is a recipe for failure. NutriSystem is cold turkey thing and you have to be committed if you do it.

We're here for you and no one will make fun or do anything to screw up whatever you try. Fat ain't fun. Go for it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I just googled "natural electrolytes" and got this. I pretty much consume all of this regularly with spinach and broccoli an every day thing and peanuts my dessert of choice. Am I good?

• spinach.
  • kale.
  • avocados.
  • broccoli.
  • potatoes.
  • beans.
  • almonds.
  • peanuts.
My kiddos run cross country so during the summer I started juicing for them. Sweet potatoes are excellent for juicing. I add something sweet (apple, grapes or pineapple), beets, spinach and sometimes some ginger root. I never like all the "juice" left in the pulp so I bought a hand press to wring about 25% extra juice out. After that I take the pulp, add to a half gallon mason jar and shake and stir it, then run that through the press again to create homemade vitamin water.

The kids like the juice enough to drink it and enjoy it (maybe enjoy is a stretch, but close) and the "water" is better than regular water and free relative to buying something.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuts and greens. Staples of the skinny and those of us trying to be.
add a few more to that list... add in some colorful veggies, some beans often and oats, whether oatmeal in the morning or groats (similar to rice) for other meals. I'll throw black beans together with the groats, throw in some yogurt and salsa and you have a healthy tasty lunch.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what? I never in a million years would've thought that. Raw? Just juice em? I'll give it a try.
They add a creaminess. I juiced an apple with a sweet potato and it tasted like an Orange Julius. And yes, raw. If you were to cook, then juice you'd end up with sludge.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I just googled "natural electrolytes" and got this. I pretty much consume all of this regularly with spinach and broccoli an every day thing and peanuts my dessert of choice. Am I good?

• spinach.
  • kale.
  • avocados.
  • broccoli.
  • potatoes.
  • beans.
  • almonds.
  • peanuts.
While it is true all of those do carry electrolytes, the mass corporate farming has stripped the soils of so many nutrients that there is not much left for the plants to pull from the ground year after year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else find this sad?
What's worse is that farmers have gotten lazy too. Most would spread cowshit and turn it over after harvest and just let the ground rest until spring planting. Now they spread chemicals and we all wonder why our immune systems have been compromised.

I consumed chemicals for four years and fifty years later they're still in my major organs. I can only imagine that they're in my brain too. And people wonder why Vietnam Vets are so f*cked up. Or those poor kids who spent weeks and months inhaling that pit shit in the middle east. It's only taken forty years for Congress to recognize that breathing in black oil smoke was not very healthy.

My point is that man made chemicals to fertilize soil and increase plant production can't be nutritious for the plants and certainly not for us, the consumers of those plants.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I certainly do. I go 10 million miles out of my way to eat healthy only to find out it's not THAT healthy.

My wife buys almost everything organic now but I don't even trust that shit anymore.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. There are still plenty of the vitamins and minerals left in these foods.
Sad is the lack of flavor in crops like tomatoes and strawberries.
Sad is the price of these vegetables when they double in price.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's worse is that farmers have gotten lazy too. Most would spread cowshit and turn it over after harvest and just let the ground rest until spring planting. Now they spread chemicals and we all wonder why our immune systems have been compromised.

I consumed chemicals for four years and fifty years later they're still in my major organs. I can only imagine that they're in my brain too. And people wonder why Vietnam Vets are so f*cked up. Or those poor kids who spent weeks and months inhaling that pit shit in the middle east. It's only taken forty years for Congress to recognize that breathing in black oil smoke was not very healthy.

My point is that man made chemicals to fertilize soil and increase plant production can't be nutritious for the plants and certainly not for us, the consumers of those plants.
Farmers do a good job considering.
The plastic these foods are packed in is much worse than what's in the plants.

I was a welder in the Army and was exposed to all kinds of toxins while welding.
There are safety process's now but one of the old guys told me< "welders don't retire - they die!"

I am planning to write a book (seriously) It will be titled, "Why Am I Alive"
I have been exposed to every hazard known to man.
Hormesis is a medical term that notes that someone exposed to non-lethal dose of a toxin becomes resistant to other toxins.
I have been exposed to PCB,s Lead, Mercury, Pesticides galore, drank canal water, to name a few.
As a 10 yo, I carried a chunk of uranium ore around in my pocket.

I have not had a cold in over 40 years.
I can't remember puking or the Flu.
I have been diagnosed every possible lung disease and the VA says NO!
The new burn pit law may allow me to finally get compensation.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

God damn lazy farmers. It would be one thing if they needed to find ways to make the work more efficient and cut costs just to compete, but noooo they need to be lazy.

I could go on for pages about the causes and fixes but lets start with consumers being aware of what they are eating and pay more for the good stuff. Then add a tiny bit of regulation to stop marketing gimmicks that fool buyers into thinking they are purchasing premium food when they are not.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intermittent fasting is an easy way to shed a few pounds.
Eat three or more small healthy meals during an 8 hour period every day. Fast for the other 16. You can drink water, coffee, tea or other non caloric drinks during the fasting. As others mentioned drink plenty of water.

Other options are 24 or 48 hour fasting.

Bottom line find a program or programs along with a healthy eating plan/s that you enjoy. That way you're more likely to stay with it.

I'm quite active kind of a gym rat at 57. Lift and do a form of cardio 5x a week. One form of cardio I started about a year ago was cycling. I'm now seriously getting into it. Though I never thought I would. I try to bike 25-35 miles 2 to 3 times a week. Then on Sunday do a 40 to 50 mile ride. I can sweat out 5 pounds a ride. Granted it's water weight and usually 90 degrees and humid where I'm at which aides in the sweat loss.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intermittent fasting is an easy way to shed a few pounds.
Eat three or more small healthy meals during an 8 hour period every day. Fast for the other 16. You can drink water, coffee, tea or other non caloric drinks during the fasting. As others mentioned drink plenty of water.

Other options are 24 or 48 hour fasting.

Bottom line find a program or programs along with a healthy eating plan/s that you enjoy. That way you're more likely to stay with it.

I'm quite active kind of a gym rat at 57. Lift and do a form of cardio 5x a week. One form of cardio I started about a year ago was cycling. I'm now seriously getting into it. Though I never thought I would. I try to bike 25-35 miles 2 to 3 times a week. Then on Sunday do a 40 to 50 mile ride. I can sweat out 5 pounds a ride. Granted it's water weight and usually 90 degrees and humid where I'm at which aides in the sweat loss.
So much of this sounds like me... I'm 57, less of a gym rat but spend plenty of focus on fitness. I started cycling about a year ago too, not as much as you but I did work up to regular vigorous 10 mile rides and the occasional 20 mile ride.

Before cycling I would run on and off to maintain myself. Several years ago I stopped being able to run as I would always strain my calf muscles. I'd get a sharp pinch that felt like I'd been shot (followed by weeks of recovery). When my kids started their running I tried to run a couple sprints and even that did my calves in.

A few weeks back I ran sprints again, no problem. I'll continue to cycle but will mix the running in to and see if I can get back to 3,5 and maybe occasionally back up to 10 miles. I'm certain the issue was my legs lost a sort of balance and the cycling returned them to a more balanced state, but I won't know for sure until I try the road running.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much of this sounds like me... I'm 57, less of a gym rat but spend plenty of focus on fitness. I started cycling about a year ago too, not as much as you but I did work up to regular vigorous 10 mile rides and the occasional 20 mile ride.

Before cycling I would run on and off to maintain myself. Several years ago I stopped being able to run as I would always strain my calf muscles. I'd get a sharp pinch that felt like I'd been shot (followed by weeks of recovery). When my kids started their running I tried to run a couple sprints and even that did my calves in.

A few weeks back I ran sprints again, no problem. I'll continue to cycle but will mix the running in to and see if I can get back to 3,5 and maybe occasionally back up to 10 miles. I'm certain the issue was my legs lost a sort of balance and the cycling returned them to a more balanced state, but I won't know for sure until I try the road running.
I had to give up running a handful of years ago. Too many lower back issues.

So now it's cycling, eliptical or some tabatta for my cardio. Occassionaly I throw in a swim.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So few people want to or have the means (Space, time, money, knowledge) to grow their own.
So many of us have become so dependent on the mass producers.
After the remodel the wife and I are going to have a carpenter make us some raised beds, we are going to give this a try. The yard is pretty good size but on the north end I have a large shed, and old shed which will become a smoker / grilling station with cover, basically a pole barn with vented roof, then we plan to add a 12x15 screen house. This leaves the South end where my drain field is, not sure that is a good place to put a garden so raised beds made sense to us

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This leaves the South end where my drain field is, not sure that is a good place to put a garden so raised beds made sense to us
Leach fields are great to grow above ground veggies like peas, beans and the really tough ones like Brussel Sprouts. You don't want to plant anything like carrots, onions, potatoes or heavy water grabbers like cukes or lettuce..