• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither was Draymond.

What did you do to you? Kick you in the basketballs or something?
Not me, but he’s a clown on the court. Productive at times, but still a clown.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley was never a pussy on the court
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. I'd blow it up in a heartbeat...
You and me both - but I believe that the Lakers are going to hold out and hope for a miracle trade where Westbrook will be the new Kwame Brown and get something back in January and then they turn it around in time for the playoffs - and even last year, without the injuries - they had a chance to be in the mix.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and me both - but I believe that the Lakers are going to hold out and hope for a miracle trade where Westbrook will be the new Kwame Brown and get something back in January and then they turn it around in time for the playoffs - and even last year, without the injuries - they had a chance to be in the mix.

lol

Cowherd was pushing a Westbrook for Kyrie trade today. A couple of his guests said it wasn't crazy...but they may have just been being polite.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Cowherd was pushing a Westbrook for Kyrie trade today. A couple of his guests said it wasn't crazy...but they may have just been being polite.

It's not crazy for the Lakers cuz Irving is a far better fit. But its crazy and dumb for Brooklyn. Plus, I'm pretty sure Brooklyn would have to toss in other players to get the salaries to match so it wouldn't be a one for one swap, making it even dumber for Brooklyn.

Edit: Looked it up. Westbrook at 47 mil, Kyrie at 36. Yeah, they'd have to toss in some stuff. Though Brooklyn has some trade exceptions so the numbers miiight work out with a one for one swap. Still, its dumb af for Brooklyn

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not crazy for the Lakers cuz Irving is a far better fit. But its crazy and dumb for Brooklyn. Plus, I'm pretty sure Brooklyn would have to toss in other players to get the salaries to match so it wouldn't be a one for one swap, making it even dumber for Brooklyn.

Edit: Looked it up. Westbrook at 47 mil, Kyrie at 36. Yeah, they'd have to toss in some stuff. Though Brooklyn has some trade exceptions so the numbers miiight work out with a one for one swap. Still, its dumb af for Brooklyn

Agree. His reasoning was that Brooklyn wants out of the Kyrie business, which may well be true, and that there wouldn't be much more difference in the market for Kyrie than for Westbrook because of the baggage with Kyrie.

That may also be true....but I would think that someone would offer them more than Westbrook and a 2027 1st. lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mills or Curry and Irving, we send them RW and a future 1st and 2nd.

LOL.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. His reasoning was that Brooklyn wants out of the Kyrie business, which may well be true, and that there wouldn't be much more difference in the market for Kyrie than for Westbrook because of the baggage with Kyrie.

That may also be true....but I would think that someone would offer them more than Westbrook and a 2027 1st. lol
Pretty sure we have another 1st before '27.....you can't trade back to back 1st's.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah best i could do was like kyrie and curry for Russ reaves and the two firsts plus swap rights in the year they can’t trade a pick

And that’s not really ideal

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah best i could do was like kyrie and curry for Russ reaves and the two firsts plus swap rights in the year they can’t trade a pick

And that’s not really ideal

Yep. Even if the Nets want Kyrie gone badly enough that they would trade him for Westbrook and there isn't much of a market for him...I still can't imagine that someone wouldn't offer a better deal.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Even if the Nets want Kyrie gone badly enough that they would trade him for Westbrook and there isn't much of a market for him...I still can't imagine that someone wouldn't offer a better deal.
Lot of teams might be burnt all the whole Irving is a space cadet thing. Plus, the fact James and Irving had success playing together plays to the fact he'd be a better fit on the Lakers.

Not saying the Lakers will get him or anything, but the Nets may just be ready to move on if this all comes to pass.

:hope:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of teams might be burnt all the whole Irving is a space cadet thing. Plus, the fact James and Irving had success playing together plays to the fact he'd be a better fit on the Lakers.

Not saying the Lakers will get him or anything, but the Nets may just be ready to move on if this all comes to pass.

The Lakers are desperate

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Not really....when healthy they still have 2 top 10 players.

Yeah they’re in a tight spot and likely can’t use the biannual exception, but they’ll get some guys who want to play with bron and try to win a title anyway

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And his horrible series against the Celtics doesn’t help his cause