• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would play Westbrook most of his minutes with Lebron off the court as much as possible. Both need a minutes reduction (for different reasons lol), so that is where I would start (with some overlap of course, as neither is going to be 20 min player or less).
Thats the only way it works if LeBron is point guard - Westbrook comes off the bench - both plays less minutes and don't start Westbrook who will be pissed as hell

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Cowherd talking about the Lakers trading Westbrook for Kyrie.

I'm sure KD would be on board with that :nod:

Oh please let this happen. It has the potential to be hilarious. I don't know who'd be more pissed off. LeBron playing with that flat Earther again or KD teaming up with Westbrick again.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone agree with my idea of the Lakers getting rid of LeBron and keeping Westbrick. Then surrounding him other players that can't shoot?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please let this happen. It has the potential to be hilarious. I don't know who'd be more pissed off. LeBron playing with that flat Earther again or KD teaming up with Westbrick again.

That would be KD and it wouldn't be particularly close. Remember, Lebron didn't want Kyrie to leave Cleveland. He liked playing with him.

KD, on the other hand, wanted to get the hell away from Westbrook.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is this that could be like a Simmons for Harden dilemma. Nobody wants Russ and nobody wants Kyrie, for different reasons. I still don't believe Lebron and Kyrie will ever be reunited...even with cuckoo Kyrie, the Lakers would win this by a mile and the only way this would happen is:

1. Kyrie says he wants out and they don't get any other offers or better offers for Kyrie.
2. KD also wants out so they are forced to blow it up. Even if they don't get good value for Kyrie they can make up for it trading KD.

I think Kyrie and KD could possibly be out if a series of events happen but Russ for Kyrie seems extremely unlikely. It would be funny if BKN after having KD, Kyrie and Harden are left with Russ, pieces and picks

He talked about it a little more.

He suggested that KD would be given assurances that they would move Westbrook asap and that, at worst. he'd be gone after the season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be KD and it wouldn't be particularly close. Remember, Lebron didn't want Kyrie to leave Cleveland. He liked playing with him.

KD, on the other hand, wanted to get the hell away from Westbrook.

Oh yeah I remember and I agree with you. I think LeBron would gladly take Kyrie as a teammate again. Sure he's batshit crazy, but he can play. A KD/Westbrick reunion would have funny disaster written all over it though.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he didn't go into a lot of detail, so he didn't say if it would be Kyrie for Westbrook or if they would have to involve a 3rd team. But it was some of the same reasonming you posted above.

I could see Lebron being willing to play with Kyrie again and according to Cowherd, Kyrie has said that he didn't really understand Lebron back then. Which Cowherd thinks means Kyrie might be open to it.
Yep.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there aren't going to be 9 new players, as they do have some hold-overs from last year beyond Lebron/AD/Russ (THT, Nunn, Reaves, Johnson, Gabriel). Nunn has a player option and has likely to pick that up per reports. Reaves, Johnson and Gabriel are all team options, with Reaves and Gabriel not guaranteed. I would expect all of them back unless something more enticing drops into their laps. After all of that, you have the Monk situation (does he take the TPMLE to stay?).

Lakers aren't really in a position to offer more than a 1 year contract with an option year; being way over the cap they are limited to league min contracts (and the TPMLE, if not used by Monk). Who is signing a longer term league min contract? All their multi-year contract options were traded away for Russ (other than Caruso, who they didn't re-sign).
Exactly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Toronto goes after Gobert, what would a trade look like? Interesting to see what other teams would give up for Gobert. Anunoby has to be included you would think.

Gobert for Anunoby & Trent

Not sure Toronto would be wise to do this but I could see it happening. Toronto doesn't have any other players worth giving up to match salaries.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that happens, I'm sure Utah will be looking to exchange Conley and possibly Bog in some deals. Cavs need to go after Bog

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably thought the same this year too but Strus started

Duncan was the starter most of the year. Strus only became permanent after the slump in march. And i think a big reason dunc started was due to his contract. If tyler gets the bag this summer, they not starting strus over him. Strus is making under 2 mil per yr