• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an aside that Bridges, Jackson team was my first hint that Izzo is losing his juice. They made the final four next year but he's been pretty suspect overall for a few years.

He played that goofy white boy at the 4 who treated the ball like a live grenade against cuse

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an aside that Bridges, Jackson team was my first hint that Izzo is losing his juice. They made the final four next year but he's been pretty suspect overall for a few years.

When they’re allowed to mug guys on the court like their alumns do on the streets, he’s fine

When he has to follow the actual rules he has no shot

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively too.

This unit would be fast break central.

But, I just can't pass on Kool Hand Luka.

During the regular season I was watching a Mavs game and one of the announcers called Doncic- Don Luka. I don't know much about the mob but I'm gonna guess there haven't been many Slovenian mob bosses.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.

I didn’t look that close at the picture.

Saw Bridges and was thinking Mikal. Wanted a defensive ace.

So would probably pivot to Bane
Yeah was thinking Bridges, Ball and Luka. Not the ideal defensive fit. Mikal for $1 would be a huge steal

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the regular season I was watching a Mavs game and one of the announcers called Doncic- Don Luka. I don't know much about the mob but I'm gonna guess there haven't been many Slovenian mob bosses.

Or mobs in Dallas?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m debating putting Mobley at the 5

Under 25 team…I got time for him to fill out lol
The only reason I didn’t pair Barnes and Mobley. Still gotta fit out Mobley

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or mobs in Dallas?

Possibly but I doubt it. Just look at the mob names people are familiar with, there's a bunch of them. No Slovenians on that list.

But speaking of the mob I don't think they truly left Vegas after the corporations took over. They built all of that. And wouldn't have let it all slip through their fingers. Plus when I lived out there knew many Vegas locals that said hell yeah the mob's still part of things.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not surprising as there just arent likely to be any trades available that make sense right now.

Maybe it changes as the season gets closer or by the trade deadline...but as I have been saying, just playing out the season and preserving cap space isnt the worst decision they could make.

Maybe Ham can come up with a way to fit Westbrook in that works decently.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising as there just arent likely to be any trades available that make sense right now.

Maybe it changes as the season gets closer or by the trade deadline...but as I have been saying, just playing out the season and preserving cap space isnt the worst decision they could make.

Maybe Ham can come up with a way to fit Westbrook in that works decently.
Not much of a choice here because the Lakers have to stop bleeding first round picks beyond the tenure of LeBron with the Lakers and who knows. With a new coach - maybe they can figure it out. I will say this much about that though

For these three to work - Westbrook has to be the point guard and move Lebron to the small forward with Davis at the power forward -it's the only system that will work - at least the Lakers didn't listen to Phil Jackson who wanted the Lakers to keep Westbrook and trade LeBron

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much of a choice here because the Lakers have to stop bleeding first round picks beyond the tenure of LeBron with the Lakers and who knows. With a new coach - maybe they can figure it out. I will say this much about that though

For these three to work - Westbrook has to be the point guard and move Lebron to the small forward with Davis at the power forward -it's the only system that will work - at least the Lakers didn't listen to Phil Jackson who wanted the Lakers to keep Westbrook and trade LeBron

I mean, each team is given like 6m in cash each year.

The lakers could buy 2-3 seconds each year even if they did trade all their picks and still be ok finding a few contributors anyway

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think they need him to play point guard. If Lebron is on the court, he should be directing the offense. Imo, they need to limit the amount of time he and Lebron are on the floor together.

I doubt it happens, but I think Westbrook should come off the bench.

Make him the leader of the bench guys, bring him in when Lebron comes out and turn him loose. It would make for a good change of pace from Lebron. Similar to how the Mavs speed up when Luka rests. If it worked, it could allow for Lebron to play fewer minutes each game. That could be big as far as getting him to the playoffs rested and healthy.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I go the other way on brow

He needs to play more center with russ

You cannot play Russ and a traditional c at the same time anymore

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,016.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they need him to play point guard. If Lebron is on the court, he should be directing the offense. Imo, they need to limit the amount of time he and Lebron are on the floor together.

I doubt it happens, but I think Westbrook should come off the bench.
I think that is what eventually happens, maybe 1/3 of the way into the season. He's on his last year of his deal, what can he do? Nothing.