• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Free Agency

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown & Jones, after Jones started acclimating to the situation towards the end of the year, is probably as good as trotting out the likes of Flowers and Dunbar. But it still doesn't inspire much confidence.

The Seahawks need an effective pass rush. An effective pass rush makes your corners dramatically better.

Reactions: MrS

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Artie Burns is a good signing. 1 year $2M, young guy... and I will say one thing Carroll is decent at is developing secondary players.

He played pretty decent for Chicago last year. Either way, low value, high upside, and he'll be trying hard/playing for money.

So far Woods has been okay, Burns is good, Jones was great, Diggs is so-so. The only real abomination of a signing was Dissly. He's a fairly average tight end who can't stay healthy so I just don't get that one.

Burns/Jones could be do-able next year... keeps us cheap on the CB while we pay the high amount on the safeties, and hopefully we can focus on getting some better linebackers to cover the middle of the field. Everyone LOVES to say Adams is terrible in coverage but he was NOT BAD outside of not making interceptions... if you look at the passer rating against Seattle last year, it was the linebacker group just getting DESTROYED non-stop. We could not cover the middle of the field at ALL... which I suppose is because Seattle was dropping their secondary deep 24/7 and allowing 2 linebackers to cover WIDE open guys over the middle.

I don't know if that's cause Carroll didn't have faith in the corners to press up more, or what it was. It seemed like Seattle was TERRIFIED of the deep pass last year, so they instead just let up non-stop 5-15 yards over the middle and multiple 3rd down conversions lol.... rather just have them give up the long ball... least the pain is over with quick... instead of agonizing torture for 6-8 minutes straight.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Artie Burns is a good signing. 1 year $2M, young guy... and I will say one thing Carroll is decent at is developing secondary players.

He played pretty decent for Chicago last year. Either way, low value, high upside, and he'll be trying hard/playing for money.

So far Woods has been okay, Burns is good, Jones was great, Diggs is so-so. The only real abomination of a signing was Dissly. He's a fairly average tight end who can't stay healthy so I just don't get that one.

Burns/Jones could be do-able next year... keeps us cheap on the CB while we pay the high amount on the safeties, and hopefully we can focus on getting some better linebackers to cover the middle of the field. Everyone LOVES to say Adams is terrible in coverage but he was NOT BAD outside of not making interceptions... if you look at the passer rating against Seattle last year, it was the linebacker group just getting DESTROYED non-stop. We could not cover the middle of the field at ALL... which I suppose is because Seattle was dropping their secondary deep 24/7 and allowing 2 linebackers to cover WIDE open guys over the middle.

I don't know if that's cause Carroll didn't have faith in the corners to press up more, or what it was. It seemed like Seattle was TERRIFIED of the deep pass last year, so they instead just let up non-stop 5-15 yards over the middle and multiple 3rd down conversions lol.... rather just have them give up the long ball... least the pain is over with quick... instead of agonizing torture for 6-8 minutes straight.

And we add Sauce to that secondary in April

interested rubbing hands GIF

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we add Sauce to that secondary in April

interested rubbing hands GIF

I mean maybe.... but we've got so many holes on DL (Woods is 35 too) and even Linebacker (which where the biggest issue with coverage last year). And it's very deep in that regard.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean maybe.... but we've got so many holes on DL (Woods is 35 too) and even Linebacker (which where the biggest issue with coverage last year). And it's very deep in that regard.

But Nwosu is an Edge guy so I think that elevates, sp meaning takes off, some pressure

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liking the nwosu signing even if the price seems a little high.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft picks should help a bunch with those holes.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A DT at 9 would make a ton of sense with these signings at corner and pass rusher. The kid from georgia could be there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liking the nwosu signing even if the price seems a little high.
I don’t know much about him. You feel he’s going to be a factor for the defense?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know much about him. You feel he’s going to be a factor for the defense?

I think it really depends on how we shore up the interior DL, but he could be an effective 3rd down pass rusher

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it really depends on how we shore up the interior DL, but he could be an effective 3rd down pass rusher
The contracts this off season are crazy expensive, which makes that slew of draft picks so important.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both Ford and Woods. Woods had a had a very good year last year (he attributed it to taking off the covid year). The problem is they are generally redundant run stopper, immovable object type players.

They need to get an inside pressure DT to team up with Ford. I'm all for Woods as a rotation DT but he shouldn't be starting next to Ford considering the similarities in their games.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan davis out of GA could be a good pick at 9 for the interior. Huge player that could improve his pass rush game.

There are others we could potentially snag in round 2 as well.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan davis out of GA could be a good pick at 9 for the interior. Huge player that could improve his pass rush game.

Is that the 340+ pounder that ran a 4.8 40?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not entirely sure on his development possibilities are but I'd be concerned that, much like Woods, his skillset is redundant to Ford's in that neither would provide the pass rush skills to compliment the other.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Blythe (C) coming over from KC. He's familiar with Waldron so he should fit the scheme well. He seems a little inconsistent, but has some good/solid years... Obviously last year the Chiefs had Humphrey so he was just a backup, but overall I think I like Blythe more than Pocic. He's also not that old.

I like most of if not all the moves Seattle made today.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not entirely sure on his development possibilities are but I'd be concerned that, much like Woods, his skillset is redundant to Ford's in that neither would provide the pass rush skills to compliment the other.
Very possible, but his speed, strength and size make me think he could be more than just a run stuffer.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't we already have another potential Al Woods in Mone? He seems to have the size and youth to get into that position... He was okay last year, but he could improve.