• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Free Agency

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the signings we made today. Artie Burns should be an immediate contributor in our secondary and Nwosu will be a key cog in our front 7. Austin Blythe could be the last piece of the puzzle along our OL.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the signings we made today. Artie Burns should be an immediate contributor in our secondary and Nwosu will be a key cog in our front 7. Austin Blythe could be the last piece of the puzzle along our OL.

Also talking to Trent Brown

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw something from Tom Pelissero mentioning we have cut Benson Mayowa. Cap savings of $1.4 million with $2.25 in dead money. Smart move or should we have brought him back on the cheap?

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not entirely sure on his development possibilities are but I'd be concerned that, much like Woods, his skillset is redundant to Ford's in that neither would provide the pass rush skills to compliment the other.
1647477212596.png

This is from a 341 lb. Man... I have a hard time believing he can't make it as an interior pass rusher. That is insane athleticism.

Edit: Bummer he didn't participate in bench press... would love to know if he's got that power to match up with his size

Reactions: MrS

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randall Cobb has agreed to take a pay cut to stay with the Packers. The writing is indeed on the wall. Davante Adams will be back with Rodgers and Co this season.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
raheem mostert signed for 3.125m, could be about what penny ends up getting

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Dissly played in 15 games last year and you all are bagging him on that? Penny only played 10 and Adams only 12. Was good to see him on the field more, lets hope it's a sign that his luck has flipped.

To often when I saw them passing to Dissly did I think " they need to do that a lot more" He looked like the Better TE in all phases to me over Everett. Who cares if you are more athletic if the other guy catches better, gets open better and is a better blocker. Had Dissly got the same Targets Everett got i am sure his numbers would have been better than Everett's just based on his ability to actually catch a ball lol.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. $10 million per for 15 sacks in 4 years. Sounds like we're really improving that pass rush.

Yes it seems a bit much but it's closer than you think to being about right. He still has a lot of upside and is still improving. Here go through this article about him.

This is an upgrade over Benson Mayowa, just not a huge one. He is only 25 so youth is key here and he is more athletic so lets see how it looks. We know how they like to drop their DE into coverage .. :L

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it seems a bit much but it's closer than you think to being about right. He still has a lot of upside and is still improving. Here go through this article about him.

This is an upgrade over Benson Mayowa, just not a huge one. He is only 25 so youth is key here and he is more athletic so lets see how it looks. We know how they like to drop their DE into coverage .. :L

If we're looking for a young DE with upside, then why not just bring Rasheem Green back, unless Green is looking for even more than Nwosu is getting. It just seems like we're spending more money on players that a mid to low tier than we should.

Honestly, I hope I'm wrong and the kid just kills it the next 2 seasons.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32 year old almost washed up von miller got $20m per, so 10 doesnt seem that bad anymore.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Dissly played in 15 games last year and you all are bagging him on that? Penny only played 10 and Adams only 12. Was good to see him on the field more, lets hope it's a sign that his luck has flipped.

To often when I saw them passing to Dissly did I think " they need to do that a lot more" He looked like the Better TE in all phases to me over Everett. Who cares if you are more athletic if the other guy catches better, gets open better and is a better blocker. Had Dissly got the same Targets Everett got i am sure his numbers would have been better than Everett's just based on his ability to actually catch a ball lol.
And Everett can be a real hothead at times too. He's an unsportsmanlike penalty just waiting to happen.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're looking for a young DE with upside, then why not just bring Rasheem Green back, unless Green is looking for even more than Nwosu is getting. It just seems like we're spending more money on players that a mid to low tier than we should.

Does seem pricey for him, but over all the Seahawks have spending wisely in a market that has gone bonkers. Waiting for updates reflecting the latest signings to see how much cap the Seahawks have left to spend. They need nearly 11 million for the draft with all the picks they have.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. $10 million per for 15 sacks in 4 years. Sounds like we're really improving that pass rush.

It's a decent signing. Above average for sure. He's still young and can improve. It's a 2 year contract so if Seattle is looking to make Pete's last chance SBOWL run by 2024 your cap will be WIDE open to go 'ALL IN' if you find your QB this year or next. He had more QB hits than any Seahawk last year despite playing only 66% of snaps and he's not horrible in coverage.

I still think Seattle is looking to draft a QB this year and their goal (hence pursuing Brown, trading for Fant, keeping Lockett, signing Blythe, resigning Diggs, picking up additional defenders, resigning a 35 year old DT who is still decent) is to basically keep a competitive team for that young QB.

Basically giving a new QB the keys to a team that is likely not going deep, but will be DECENT. Probably not 11-5 good like when Wilson took over, but 9-8 decent, and go for the playoffs in 2023 with a potential all in SBOWL 2024.

You look at the offense... for a new QB: Lockett, Metcalf, Fant, Eskridge/Dissly (if they can stay healthy). That's a new QB wet dream IMO. They're now trying to make some moves on the OL... the RB is whatever... go draft one in the 3rd and plug/play, RBs grow on trees. As for the D the secondary looks fairly set at the moment. Jones came on strong last year and if Artie can keep up what he did in Chicago that should be fine. Diggs/Adams should be good to go. Shore up the linebacker core a bit (already doing that) and use all the draft ammo they have, and you might still have a formidable team.

Now that all banks on the QB... but IMO I could very much see something like what the Pats did with Mac Jones. Mac Jones easily came into the best scenario. He was an OKAY rated QB but certainly nothing top 10, etc. Meanwhile Lawrence (the second coming of Manning/Luck, etc.) went into an absolute shit show of a team that had ZERO talent and looked HORRIBLE. That kind of thing.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Green was more a liability.... he had a very low pressure rate (inconsistent pressure) for the amount of pass rush snaps he had, and he had like a 20% missed tackle rate. I'm sure Seattle is trying to work something out as he's only 24... it sucks to give up on a guy we drafted who was very raw and we knew was going to take time to develop, but Nwosu is definitely an upgrade.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That edge rusher from SD we signed is interesting. Definitely a contract based on what they think he can be vs what he's proven so far. $10M/yr ranks up there as the richest open market FA deal this FO has offered if I am tracking it right.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher cox was cut, dont know what he'd cost but would be a nice add

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams signed Allen Robins for 15 mill per. How do they have any cap space?