• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Free Agency

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine Ramsey/Donald are getting restructured. OBJ is obviously gone.. (or is he? lol?)

Somehow the Packers afforded Rodgers and a FT on Adams despite their cap woes.. so I guess anything is possible. I never imagined they'd pull that off.

They also have ZERO draft picks in the first 4 rounds this year and have been trading them routinely. Difference is the Rams hit on their trades, Seattle with all their blockbuster trades appear to have whiffed on every one.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green was more a liability.... he had a very low pressure rate (inconsistent pressure) for the amount of pass rush snaps he had, and he had like a 20% missed tackle rate. I'm sure Seattle is trying to work something out as he's only 24... it sucks to give up on a guy we drafted who was very raw and we knew was going to take time to develop, but Nwosu is definitely an upgrade.

The problem is, I fully expect them to play Nwosu at LB, not DE. Being on 250 pounds makes him way undersized for what Pete has liked in a DE. Even with their 3-4 principles, he'll still most likely be a 4-3 OLB most of the time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, I fully expect them to play Nwosu at LB, not DE. Being on 250 pounds makes him way undersized for what Pete has liked in a DE. Even with their 3-4 principles, he'll still most likely be a 4-3 OLB most of the time.

I keep hearing from Brenden Nelson (YouTuber) that Seattle IS going to a 3-4... but I just can't imagine that happening with Carroll still in charge.

I mean as a YouTuber he's hardly known/famous, but I wonder where he is getting that from...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing from Brenden Nelson (YouTuber) that Seattle IS going to a 3-4... but I just can't imagine that happening with Carroll still in charge.

I mean as a YouTuber he's hardly known/famous, but I wonder where he is getting that from...

I mean it's possible, but most anyone can point to that would be the case is that Hurtt worked with Fangio for 2 years over a half decade ago. Everything else he's done looks like it's been 4-3.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I think the Packers made a great trade today. Adams is a great WR but nearly 25 million a year for him is a ton of money and getting a 1st and 2nd THIS year is a great haul.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say I think the Packers made a great trade today. Adams is a great WR but nearly 25 million a year for him is a ton of money and getting a 1st and 2nd THIS year is a great haul.
Who are Rodgers receivers going to be now? Adams accounted for 169 targets. More yardage then the next three receivers combined. Can Packers win in the playoffs with mediocre receivers? They are taking hits with defensive players leaving also.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bless Austin and Kyle Fuller were officially announced to not be receiving a restricted free agent tender.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are Rodgers receivers going to be now? Adams accounted for 169 targets. More yardage then the next three receivers combined. Can Packers win in the playoffs with mediocre receivers? They are taking hits with defensive players leaving also.

Well I would imagine they will either trade for a WR or draft one. Spending a lot of money on WRs usually isn't a great idea.

Reactions: MrS

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would imagine they will either trade for a WR or draft one. Spending a lot of money on WRs usually isn't a great idea.

lol still can't believe they drafted Jordan Love over Tee Higgins. I thought Higgins after Aiyuk went was an obvious move. I thought the Packers were going to take Aiyuk until the 49ers snagged him and then thought the Packers would just go with the next best choice.

And then Jordan Love... lmao. One of the worst Packers drafts (2020) I can remember.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's a much better trade if they hadn't just signed Rodgers to a ridiculous contract. This feels like a one foot in, one foot out philosophy. One we're very familiar with.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a much better trade if they hadn't just signed Rodgers to a ridiculous contract. This feels like a one foot in, one foot out philosophy. One we're very familiar with.

I think when you have a guy like Rodgers, it is a lot easier to find good WRs than the other way around.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that old catch 22 that comes with QBs that aren't on rookie contracts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing Mayfield is part of the trade and headed to Houston. So once this is confirmed we can all bteath easier.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go back to holding your breath

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinton Jefferson.. 2 years for $5M per (roughly). SMART signing, good play, leaves the cap WIDE open for 2024... allows Seattle to compete. Liability in the run for Jefferson, but he does provide a pass rush upside. He's also 29 and this is a 2 year deal so it provides for ALL upside and zero risk. This is 100% what Schneider was brought in for.. (and for whatever reason we've steered away from, dare I say Wilson?). This is how the Seahawks Super Bowl team was built.... 100%.

I'll eat crow... as much as I was advocating for the Carroll/Schneider firing, their moves have been EXTREMELY solid/great value so far in 2022... Dissly is the only F grade I can give... everything else is average or well above.

Please... please don't Cleveland it by signing Baker Mayfraud... please Seattle...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinton Jefferson.. 2 years for $5M per (roughly). SMART signing, good play, leaves the cap WIDE open for 2024... allows Seattle to compete. Liability in the run for Jefferson, but he does provide a pass rush upside. He's also 29 and this is a 2 year deal so it provides for ALL upside and zero risk. This is 100% what Schneider was brought in for.. (and for whatever reason we've steered away from, dare I say Wilson?). This is how the Seahawks Super Bowl team was built.... 100%.

I'll eat crow... as much as I was advocating for the Carroll/Schneider firing, their moves have been EXTREMELY solid/great value so far in 2022... Dissly is the only F grade I can give... everything else is average or well above.

Please... please don't Cleveland it by signing Baker Mayfraud... please Seattle...
I agree with your assessment including thoughts regarding Mayfield. I much prefer Huntley and take a rookie QB round 3, then use your first pick in 2023 on a franchise type QB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your assessment including thoughts regarding Mayfield. I much prefer Huntley and take a rookie QB round 3, then use your first pick in 2023 on a franchise type QB.

They are drafting Corral or Ridder in my book...

There's someone in the draft they like at quarterback.... I would not be surprised if they trade back into the mid-late first to acquire picks and grab the QB who is a early-mid late 2nd prospect to lead the team.....

I think Seattle trades into the late teens, 'reaches' (we'll naturally get an F from the hairspray bros) on Corral in the late 1st... and banks the 2nd round picks to build up the roster.

Course this means we'll trade up to the 3rd overall and draft some 6th round prospect... AH hell, I dunno.