• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Free Agency

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disregard... He showed me where he saw it and it's not a reliable source imo...
What?!? Twitter isn't a reliable source??
Oh My God Reaction GIF

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. J. Reed signing with the Jets for 3 years, $33 million

So, right now our starting corners are Tre Brown and Sidney Jones

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The team getting worse every day.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far its looking like OT or CB are likely at 9 depending on who falls.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far its looking like OT or CB are likely at 9 depending on who falls.

IDK, none of the tackles in free agency have come off the board yet. So there may still be hope to get a FA OT.....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be tough to lure anyone here given Pete's archaic style and the fact that Wilson wanted out.

I still can't believe Dissly's contract. Reed went to a shitty team, so why we couldn't give him $11M per year is beyond me. Our CB play was actually pretty good last year. It was our linebackers getting torched non-stop. Middle of the field was open for days.

I would take Reed ANY day over Dissly given their prices. Dissly showed some promise, but he can't stay healthy. And you don't need to pay a blocking tight end $8M per.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don't need to pay a blocking tight end $8M per.

If we are going back to smash mouth power running game we do. We will probably see a lot of two TE sets

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could restructure, but it's not like Watson is required to take a pay cut on a contract that has 4 years remaining. Besides, there's already 2 known offers and Watson is meeting with those teams already - so not sure what Seattle is waiting for if they are making a deal.
It just seems super odd and unlikely to me that there would be teams wanting to offer significant draft compensation and take on that contract as is when the player is in so much hot water and may get suspended by the league. Houston also can't really cut him, so that diminishes their trade leverage unless they are good with moving forward with him on the team. Such a bizarre situation.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems super odd and unlikely to me that there would be teams wanting to offer significant draft compensation and take on that contract as is when the player is in so much hot water and may get suspended by the league. Houston also can't really cut him, so that diminishes their trade leverage unless they are good with moving forward with him on the team. Such a bizarre situation.

To me, it's odd that anyone would trade for him at all. Force Houston's hand, make them release him, if you want him so bad. But, if you want him bad enough to trade for him, you kind've get what you get. Watson has some say, so why would he just abandon the money, since with whatever they gave up for him it's not like they'll cut him if he doesn't renegotiate the terms of his contract.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the same team we had last year except we replace Wilson with Drew Lock.

And we are going to hear JS/PC say how they are expecting this team to compete for a Super Bowl this year. Pathetic.
Teams has nice draft capitol, so it won't be the same team. With players signing for crazy salaries makes sense to let the spending frenzy pass by and THEN use your cap space to sign players where you can get bang for your buck. I'm reminded of how the landed Avril and Bennett at bargain salaries by waiting to spend.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams has nice draft capitol, so it won't be the same team. With players signing for crazy salaries makes sense to let the spending frenzy pass by and THEN use your cap space to sign players where you can get bang for your buck. I'm reminded of how the landed Avril and Bennett at bargain salaries by waiting to spend.

Also, there's going to be an influx of released players. Some teams just can't afford to keep everyone (Saints, Packers, Cowboys, etc.). Obviously they are trying to find trade partners, but if they can't you're likely looking at post June releases.

Since Seattle is switching to a 3-4 we'll need cheaper value players and then hopefully hit on a couple EDGE guys with #9. A 3-4 without an edge rusher is useless... Hopefully Taylor continues to progress, he'll be one of the key pass rushers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have been trying to find the magic of Avril and Bennett for 10 years now. Haven't had much success.

To be clear, I'm not really upset that they haven't signed any of the guys that have signed deals so far. I just don't see what this team is even planning to do. It's possible that I'm completely wrong and they have a great plan for the the season. But so far it sure doesn't seem that way.

I think that PC/JS were amazing for this team for years. And if the team got a little less unlucky with certain injuries, I think we could have challenged for another SB even a few years ago.

But I also recognize that sooner or later every good coach/GM loses their edge. And it sure seems like they have.

They are giving a joint press conference tomorrow. Which is a little weird but maybe they will give the fans something to be hopeful.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, there's going to be an influx of released players. Some teams just can't afford to keep everyone (Saints, Packers, Cowboys, etc.). Obviously they are trying to find trade partners, but if they can't you're likely looking at post June releases.

Since Seattle is switching to a 3-4 we'll need cheaper value players and then hopefully hit on a couple EDGE guys with #9. A 3-4 without an edge rusher is useless... Hopefully Taylor continues to progress, he'll be one of the key pass rushers.

Where did you hear that they were switching to a 3-4?

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm perfectly okay with that. Sidney Jones if healthy can be a very reliable corner for us. I"m excited to see how Tre Brown improves on the season he had in 2021

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you hear that they were switching to a 3-4?

A YouTuber Brendon Nelson mentioned it. He seems to be decently knowledgeable about Seattle but perhaps he's wrong or just assuming a 3-4 because of Hurtt? There's a few articles if you just Google it but it's more speculation... so perhaps that's not the case.

I mean we've always run a bit of a hybrid 3-4 with the LEO, but still 4 down lineman. Maybe nothing is changing, who knows. Would seem resigning Woods and with Mone that they would be a nose tackle fit for the 3-4.... Taylor could certainly be a 3-4 OLB.

But perhaps I'm completely off. I shouldn't have said it so convincingly in my post and used the terms, "Heard we were but nothing confirmed from Carroll."

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A YouTuber Brendon Nelson mentioned it. He seems to be decently knowledgeable about Seattle but perhaps he's wrong or just assuming a 3-4 because of Hurtt? There's a few articles if you just Google it but it's more speculation... so perhaps that's not the case.

I mean we've always run a bit of a hybrid 3-4 with the LEO, but still 4 down lineman. Maybe nothing is changing, who knows. Would seem resigning Woods and with Mone that they would be a nose tackle fit for the 3-4.... Taylor could certainly be a 3-4 OLB.

But perhaps I'm completely off. I shouldn't have said it so convincingly in my post and used the terms, "Heard we were but nothing confirmed from Carroll."
One thing I've learned while Pete Carroll has been the head coach here is that it doesn't matter who the defensive coordinator is from Gus Bradley-Dan Quinn-Kris Richard-Ken Norton Jr-Clint Hurtt it's always gonna be Pete's defense and their job is to run it no matter what. While I hope we're going to have a more "aggressive" defense I'm not holding my breath on it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I've learned while Pete Carroll has been the head coach here is that it doesn't matter who the defensive coordinator is from Gus Bradley-Dan Quinn-Kris Richard-Ken Norton Jr-Clint Hurtt it's always gonna be Pete's defense and their job is to run it no matter what. While I hope we're going to have a more "aggressive" defense I'm not holding my breath on it.

You're right.... I hope they get more aggressive too.

And given we just resigned him, if Al Woods is dropping into coverage again I'm ignoring Seattle until Carroll is gone, LOL

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right.... I hope they get more aggressive too.

And given we just resigned him, if Al Woods is dropping into coverage again I'm ignoring Seattle until Carroll is gone, LOL
You may be waiting quite a long time for that to happen unfortunately

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seahawks signed CB artie burns to a 1 year $2m deal.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brown & Jones, after Jones started acclimating to the situation towards the end of the year, is probably as good as trotting out the likes of Flowers and Dunbar. But it still doesn't inspire much confidence.