• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Season Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, awesome start. Like one of the best first periods I've seen from the Kings. Fiala with the few beautiful plays. But Fox and Faust rattling off stats about how many two goal leads Kings have blown this year. They have been up 2-0 like six times and never shut the other team out. Blown countless 2 goal leads. And sure enough. They've already done that.

It's 3-2 Rangers, and they absolutely dominated LA in the second. This is San Jose 2.0 with McLellan and I absolutely hate it.

Petersen actually looks great too.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings on the bubble still
In a playoff spot at Thanksgiving and that is always a good sign

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings have no defense and the Kraken have no goalie.
Who wins?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is INSANE. They said there have only been 3 games this year, across the whole NHL, where the teams combined for 6 goals in the first period, and the Kings have been in all 3.

It's now 7-5 Kraken with ten minutes left in the SECOND period.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even watching the game, but the score at the end of the 2nd is EMBARRASSING!!! This team is a joke, and going NOWHERE!!!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know when the winning goalie gives up 8 goals and has a 771 save percentage it was not a good game.
But keep but kings got a point and gave up 9 goals

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure no one will pick him up. If he clears waivers, does his salary still count on the Kings cap?
Most of it yes. $750,000 max relief
But if he stays they would need to bring someone up so likely a wash at best.

Are the hoping more games will help him?
Are the sending a message?

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of it yes. $750,000 max relief
But if he stays they would need to bring someone up so likely a wash at best.

Are the hoping more games will help him?
Are the sending a message?
Thanks. On the slightest chance someone takes him, then they get rid of his contract, correct?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it possible that the GM and the Coach still have jobs of running this team? Seriously!? Does AEG not see that there needs to be a change?

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it possible that the GM and the Coach still have jobs of running this team? Seriously!? Does AEG not see that there needs to be a change?
They are in a playoff spot.
As we all know
Last place playoff team can win it all.
AEG doesn’t see how they are playing. They just see the team is likely in the playoffs. Ticket sales are good enough. The team is trending up.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but no chance someone takes him.

That was an atrocious contact to begin with - no idea why Bolwby would give a goalie with 54 NHL games spread out over 3 seasons in limited and protected games a contract like that. Sheer stupidity and now look, the Kings have $5 million in the minors and only $1.25 million of cap relief, not to mention the second highest cap hit (prior to waiving him) for two goalies on a team yet the worst stats for the two combined. Going through the Beniers thread, I actually mentioned his play going into the toilet over 18 months ago: OT Matthew Beniers

The Petersen folks cite last year as him trending down but he really started to see the wheels come off in April 2021, the last month of the season. Since he came into the league his SP has consistently dropped from .924, .922, .911, .895 to now .868. Those are horrific numbers and he is giving up at least one to two suspect goals a game. I hope the stint in Ontario rehabilitates him but I'm not banking on it. And Blake really ignored the goaltender position through drafts and FA over the years, if Quick goes down the Kings are in serious trouble.

Quick isn't what he once was but he certainly is more reliable than whatever else is in the system.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even watching the game, but the score at the end of the 2nd is EMBARRASSING!!! This team is a joke, and going NOWHERE!!!

This team has zero identity, no defense, no goaltending, is small, not even close to contending and capped out. All this can be laid at the feet of Blake and partially at Robitaille for selling fans a bunk sale of goods. Coaching needs to be addressed too. I keep saying this and I know the circumstances were different but in Year 6 of Dumbo we as fans celebrated a Cup, in Year 6 of Bowlby this team is a disaster.

The Kings totally overachieved last season and it's very evident a third of the way into the season this team has no chance if they even get into the POs.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Duchesne 2.0? Durzi? I didn't see the Blackhawks game so I am assuming. I like what Durzi did last year, but he has not made any progression this year.

That's exactly who I am referring to. The dude is a massive defensive liability and just cannot seem to learn the defensive side of the puck. For all the offense he brings, he brings even more defensive hemorrhaging for a net loss overall.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was an atrocious contact to begin with - no idea why Bolwby would give a goalie with 54 NHL games spread out over 3 seasons in limited and protected games a contract like that. Sheer stupidity and now look, the Kings have $5 million in the minors and only $1.25 million of cap relief, not to mention the second highest cap hit (prior to waiving him) for two goalies on a team yet the worst stats for the two combined.

Atrocious is an understatement, even if he was playing decent, it is bad. Look at what the Stars just signed Oettinger for... 12m over 3 years and that is after an incredible season as their starter and played unbelievable in the playoffs for them.