• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G17 10-3-3 Kings @ We Can't Afford an Arena 11/20/23

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back home, what a great trip with my daughter. She got her license last month and I let her drive my Yukon XL, kid did great for such a big SUV. Will say even though I enjoyed it I was glad to be home. But all in all loved spending time with her.

Back at it, Dogs took WC8 away from Anaheim. They're surprisingly entertaining this season. Still cracks me up how so many Kingsters lament losing Durzi...yeah no. Good for him for getting a shot in AZ but I am definitely happy not seeing his high event hockey style. Spence has more than adequately covered for him defensively and at a much lower cost.

Not much else to say, been busy but will comment on the Blues thread. Prediction: Kings 4-3. I think Copley will get the start tonight and will be a sieve with LA having to bail him out.

Let's Go Kings!

Last edited:

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore with a shorty.
I have to watch the local broadcast and according to the secondary guy, with a really annoying accent, this was only the FIRST shorty for the kings this year.
The Coyotes really need to get better analysts.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lizzo is hurt, because he’s not in the game.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope everyone sees the difference between Buster's assists and what Laferrierre just did. That's exactly why I don't buy the Buster bullshit.

Great Shor by Dunno, he needed to step up as well. Funny how the guys who haven't been putting points up have in the last few games.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copley playing well, but need to see more games like this from him.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's freaking awful, I'm so sorry you have to deal with that in AZ.
The only time I need to deal with his annoying speech/accent and needless interruptions, when the Kings play the Yotes. The rest of the time on ESPN+ I choose the Kings broadcast.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched parts of the game again, solid showing overall. I'll actually give Buster some props, that was a nice feed to Kopitar for his goal. I still want to see him start scoring goals though and not just be a hound and a disher.

PLD is starting to look more comfortable in his role, hopefully the offense starts to come. I think he's on pace for his usual 60 points or so which isn't bad for a 2C but if he's being groomed to be elevated up the line up during this contract the offense will need to improve.

I usually give a guy 1 year to adjust coming to a new team, system, environment, etc (Fiala was an exception last year, he didn't miss a beat coming to LA) so hopefully as the year progresses PLD sees an uptick in his production.