• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Season Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacific is soooo bad. Kings still sitting pretty decently in 3rd, despite slight games played advantage. Iafallo back tonight, Copley first game, and struggling Ottawa team was what the doctor ordered to start the road trip.

Kings do feel like they'd be drowning if they were in the East, which is sort of why they appeared to overachieve last year. They benefitted from a pretty weak Pacific last year too, and not a ton has changed.

Petersen first star of the game in his first game/win with the Reign. I really think it has a lot to do with the team's defense, but Petersen def also didn't look good. But Quick is getting lit up pretty consistently night in and night out too. Feels like LA has some offense now, but they give up so many prime chances every game, it really doesn't feel like a recipe for longterm success. But who knows? The rest of this month will be really telling for this team.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacific is soooo bad. Kings still sitting pretty decently in 3rd, despite slight games played advantage. Iafallo back tonight, Copley first game, and struggling Ottawa team was what the doctor ordered to start the road trip.

Kings do feel like they'd be drowning if they were in the East, which is sort of why they appeared to overachieve last year. They benefitted from a pretty weak Pacific last year too, and not a ton has changed.

Petersen first star of the game in his first game/win with the Reign. I really think it has a lot to do with the team's defense, but Petersen def also didn't look good. But Quick is getting lit up pretty consistently night in and night out too. Feels like LA has some offense now, but they give up so many prime chances every game, it really doesn't feel like a recipe for longterm success. But who knows? The rest of this month will be really telling for this team.
Get your answer tonight?

=)~~

This team is terrible. Teh Todd isn't that great but he can only work with what he was given. I don't see either him or Blake getting fired now but definitely can by the end of the season depending on what happens.

Somewhere you know Dumbo is laughing. For all his shortcomings he delivered and knew WTF he was doing. This guy...keep taking your 3pm gym breaks and surfing. Clearly you're good at that, not at building a Cup contender let alone a decent team.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly hope that the Kings don't make the playoffs this year, if for no other reason than to see Flake get the boot.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of Sunday the 11th dec , kings have given up 112 goals. Only team worse is the Ducks.
Kings are the only playoff slotted team that have fewer goals for than against.
The pacific is so bad that they are in third( by points)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the games played advantage, as of today (12/12/22) is big. They are only a few points up in 3rd but teams behind them have several games in hand. Also, Coyotes are actually decent, and they play almost all of their remaining games at home. Some weird schedule they have. Not sure if related to them being in the college arena or not, but I would imagine so.

I can't remember a team having this bad of defense. Across the board. They don't even slow teams down. Sort of worried what the direction of this team is. I sort of agree that maybe missing the playoffs wouldn't be the worst thing. Future goaltending is super questionable too.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always getting blown out in Buffalo for some reason....

I remember Deano being quoted saying this franchise had never been through a proper development before he got his hands dirty building the team up. Nice to see Luc & Blake destroyed the team, and resorted to turning the team into the 1980s Kings. No structure, no toughness, and mentally fragile.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always getting blown out in Buffalo for some reason....

I remember Deano being quoted saying this franchise had never been through a proper development before he got his hands dirty building the team up. Nice to see Luc & Blake destroyed the team, and resorted to turning the team into the 1980s Kings. No structure, no toughness, and mentally fragile.
I don’t blame Luc, correct me if I’m wrong but for the most part he’s in charge of the day to day business ops. Also, I think he was President even when Dean was the GM.
I lay the blame squarely and unconditionally on Blake. Six years in, he’s built a team that is not even close to competing for the Cup.
The Kings of the 80s were a good team and fun to watch. It’s the Kings of the Vopats/Johnsons era that absolutely blew.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luc was President of Business Operations during the Lombardi era, didn't have any input on the player side. However, he was very front & center from a P.R. angle. Mainly though, he was the one (with Blake) that orchestrated "The Coup" by selling their philosophy to AEG about how the team should be crafted in the "modern" NHL, and ultimately led to the firing of Sutter & Lombardi. So this current roster is left right at the doorstep of Luc & Blake.

The 1980s Kings could score though. One game they'd win 9-5, then they'd lose 10-3. The CJ/Vopat/Yachmenev couldn't score at tall. They'd lose regularly 4-1, 3-0

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does a shootout goal count towards a Hat trick? Does it count as a goal the same way as one scored during the game?

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does a shootout goal count towards a Hat trick? Does it count as a goal the same way as one scored during the game?
Nope, only goals counted are the 1 Team goal officially for decision purposes.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Kupari cough up the puck at the blue line, then scream, “Oh F*CK!”.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. Two shootout wins and a host of divisional losses helping out a lot. Copley the calming presence all of a sudden (Less the Buffalo 3rd period)?

Very hard team to figure out. Coming off a long road trip against a team who hadn't played since Tuesday is what Stoll and the others were saying. Still would like the Kings to look dominant against teams they should beat, but that's def not this team's style.

Some winnable games here coming up. Seemed to have settled down the PK these last two games, which helps a ton.

Still frustrating team to watch, but wins are wins, and they just had their first back to back wins since early November, which is crazy they're still where they are in the standings. Helps that Edmonton has worse defense/goaltending somehow.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else count the amount of time that Faust say these words... Doughty or Durzi loses the puck or turns it over in their own zone? Its out of control.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can a team be truly successful, if every game they give away one point?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another overtime?
Also, I’m shocked, absolutely shocked that the Kings are in second in the Pacific.
Though it’s probably because they’ve played more games than any other team in the NHL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Kings won on my Birthday.

My bday is today so hopefully they can do the same.

They've been on a tear lately, but it's so hard to judge because many of those were Shootout/OT wins. But points in 6 straight and won 5 of those. Copley on paper does not feel like the answer, but it seems to be working well. They have a big decision I guess in a month. Jim Fox was saying something like Copley has played so well he won't clear waivers, which would be the case if they sent him down. Sounds like they'd still like to get Petersen back up to the main team, but who knows? Fox was insinuating a goalie being moved at the trade deadline, so we'll see.

Moore and Kaliyev out last game, but Kings seemed to be able to shut it down pretty well last game, which has not been the case. They really locked it down in that 3rd. BUT, Vegas was missing like 7 major dudes, so we'll see how it all plays out. But Vegas was hurt all last year too, so maybe this is just how they are.