• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-23 Season Thread

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the DD8 penalty I think I’m done for tonight.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, ya boy was at that Seattle game. Early penalties yes, but overall just an uninspired effort. Very scrambly, and just an overall loss of direction. Team still doesn't have an identity, and I don't know that they do anything particularly well. Special (NEEDS) teams are still awful. 2 Games in, losses to both expansion franchises at home, this team, who tend to start slow anyway, looks like they aren't ready to start the season.

I did like Brandt Clarke in at the end of the game trying to make stuff happen. I think that top line of Kempe-Kopitar-Fiala doesn't look strong, and I'd consider moving Fiala to Danault and Moore's line. Maybe move Iafallo back with Kempe-Kopitar. I'd also like to see the young guys get more time. If you have Byfield on the 3rd line, just run that line a little more. He hasn't shown much so far, but I think you let him go a little and see if he can develop. Kings inability to develop their young guys to take over appears to finally be on full display.

Defense looks young, and Quick isn't making circus saves to bail them out. Hoping Petersen can come in and be the guy they paid him to be, but we'll see about all that.

Only two games in, but not great. I will say that overall, this team was so much better on the road than home last year, so maybe they pick it up once they leave Crypto.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to make a choice. USC or Kings game. I chose USC.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have given up 14 goals in 3 games.
Not having a good feeling about that

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should stop watching all my favorite teams.
SC loses to Utah, but Kings win.
Now I’m afraid of turning on the Dodgers game.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another high scoring game .
Kings lost the lead 3 different times
I miss defense

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I miss the defense too. If they have a lead, you can almost expect them to give it up, and need to score more in order to win. But they've been doing it the last two games, so who knows? Long term I don't think you can just have a team who never holds a lead. That being said, Kings give up 6 goals to Minnesota, and then 4 to Detroit and still win both? Old Kings could never score that many to keep up. Arvidsson crazy casual on the empty-netter was just really weird. Larkin with a good play, but there never should have been a play to be made.

Wins are wins? I want to blame the defense on the youth, but you can see as far back as the late Vegas goal on night 1, that the Kings don't track the attackers that well off the rush or on the PK. Also, Roy and Walker are both 27 years old, so they're not even that young. Durzi and Clarke, sure. And offensive guys, so not their skillset. Guys are just sort to standing around, or marking the same dude on the rush, leaving someone open.

I would also still love what most of us already said going on two years now, but some sort of size/physical presence, especially in front of the net. Besides holding leads, it's just a general difficulty to play against. I don't think the Kings make life that difficult for their opponents. Take away time and space/finish their checks etc.

Two wins are great, I just mean long term if this is to be a playoff team. I think they have to be able to hold a lead and hit someone. just because scoring gets so much tighter later in the season, or at least, it used to.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Nashville game was everywhere. Really great little comeback by the Kings. Some really gritty efforts. 3 for 3 to start this road trip.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It hasn’t been pretty
Cal looked better, made some great saves ( I am choosing to ignore his bad goals)
Sometimes it take a road series to get a team together

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a wild start to the season, G1-2 they looked like dog shit and disjointed, G3-5 like the 1980s Oilers lighting it up complete with Cal Fuhr in net.

My ass is so exhausted from 3 months of being on a field 5 nights a week until 8:30-9pm M-F and the game days for multiple kids on Saturdays I read but don't really have the energy to post because my brain is fried. However football will end on 10/30 and softball on 11/12 so I'll be jumping in way more.

Lots of thoughts on this current team and the way it's configured...