• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also add that different crews officiate differently, that's part of the human element.

I'm not even sure the "missed calls" in the Lakers/Mavs games were truly missed calls. The refs were "letting them play" all game long, so it was a more physical game than we are used to seeing these days.

All players and coaches want from refs is consistency throughout the game. If it's a foul called in the first 2 minutes, it's foul in the last 2 minutes. If you're not calling it in the first 2 minutes, don't call it in the last 2.

I thought the refs in that game did exactly that.
Eh, I,m not asking for them to be drawn and quartered.

So, it should be okay to come here and complain every now and then.

I actually have never seen a play, outside of the occasional bang bang type, that has gone against my team.

It has actually been the complete opposite.

The Clippers usually benefit.

Like, I hate Yall and I’m usually THRILLED to watch you lose.

But, not like that.

Adding a ref might be the solution.

But, Id still find something else to complain about.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like complaining about refs, because the calls usually balance out over the game.

They should keep some sort of scorecard were you can see the refs stats, missed calls, challenges lost like they have stats for the players lol

I do think it's fair when they miss a ton of calls right at the end of the game tho favoring one team vs another. That is typically when betting and fixes come into play or just blatant favoritism.

The problem is the refs don't enforce half the rules, and then suddenly start calling things always seems suspicious.
I think the challenge system helped.

But, even that needs to be tweaked.

If your challenge is successful, you should keep it.

Agree about the selective enforcement.

But, that kinda runs along the lines of what @trojanfan12 said.

Different crews have different officiating styles.

Players and fans have to adapt accordingly.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck.

We gotta go to Walmart. I didn't want to leave home today. Well, I do need beer for the games so there is that....LOL.
Did you see the video of the Vet who fucked that knife wielding Hooligan the fuck out in Walmart the other day?

You gotta go in there strapped.

Actually, no place is safe anymore.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, that’s all coaches can do. But the league can’t just keep saying it’s part of the game and not trying to improve. Things should be getting better not worse.
Exactly, it’s bs when people say it isn’t getting worse. If you watch games on a regular basis like most here and myself. It isn’t getting better, that is for sure.
Like I said, I don’t care about missed calls but it is part of the game but in crunch time there should be more consistency. You can’t have a ton of missed calls in a short period of time. It’s all about improvement of the game. Sitting back and saying missed calls happen and it is part of the game isn’t fixing the issue, it’s just being stubborn.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is exactly what coaches at every level tell their players.

Control what you can control. Don’t let the possibility of a bad call at a tough moment determine the game.

Because bad calls happen, and they are part of the game.
But, isn’t fans, players, coaches complaining about it afterwards part of it as well?

Luka Doncic has not committed a foul in his entire life.

Harden and Luka act as if they were hit with a scud missle every time down the court.

Lebron, Embiid and Giannis actually do get fouled, multiple times, on the same play.

Yet, no whistle is blown.

Someone is always gonna be upset about something if they lose.

Its probably as annoying to you guys to hear us complain about the refs as it is for me to watch the players cry about fouls after they damn near decapitate their opponents.

Such is life.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, it’s bs when people say it isn’t getting worse. If you watch games on a regular basis like most here and myself. It isn’t getting better, that is for sure.
Like I said, I don’t care about missed calls but it is part of the game but in crunch time there should be more consistency. You can’t have a ton of missed calls in a short period of time. It’s all about improvement of the game. Sitting back and saying missed calls happen and it is part of the game isn’t fixing the issue, it’s just being stubborn.
Dude, it’s a viscous cycle.

We complain about the refs.

They complain about us complaining about the refs…lol

I don’t actually have a problem with it.

It’s a discussion.

Nobody is telling us we can’t complain, they are just stating why they have an opposing point of view.

That’s all good.

You just can’t talk shit when you have done the same and not expect to get called on it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 151,725.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely the challenge system worked but more challenges are needed. A couple years ago they reviewed all out of bound plays in the last 2 minutes. They must have not liked how it slowed the games down but it seems like when they went away from that all officiating started going downhill. They have the replay center and personnel on the ready now, it doesn’t have to take as long as it does.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they need to keep the challenge as you stated but i would like it if you can challenge non calls because we know nba refs miss about 20-30 per game so just being able to challenge called fouls is silly

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to keep the challenge as you stated but i would like it if you can challenge non calls because we know nba refs miss about 20-30 per game so just being able to challenge called fouls is silly
They would probably never do that because it would slow the game down.

They are doing everything possible, shot of saying defenders have to keep their hand in their pockets, to increase the pace and scoring.

The take foul penalty is probably just the beginning.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely the challenge system worked but more challenges are needed. A couple years ago they reviewed all out of bound plays in the last 2 minutes. They must have not liked how it slowed the games down but it seems like when they went away from that all officiating started going downhill. They have the replay center and personnel on the ready now, it doesn’t have to take as long as it does.
This is true.

Again: I obviously don’t have a strong understanding on the rules because I can’t fathom how some of these calls aren’t overturned even with replay.

Like, why the fuq are they paying the guys in Seacaucus if they are just going to let the wrong call stand?

Im not even being facetious.

These guys obviously have been doing this job at the highest level for years.

So, either I have no clue what the heck is going on or they are just digging their heels in and refusing to be wrong.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like complaining about refs, because the calls usually balance out over the game.

They should keep some sort of scorecard were you can see the refs stats, missed calls, challenges lost like they have stats for the players lol

I do think it's fair when they miss a ton of calls right at the end of the game tho favoring one team vs another. That is typically when betting and fixes come into play or just blatant favoritism.

The problem is the refs don't enforce half the rules, and then suddenly start calling things always seems suspicious.

I agree that they are not consistently enforced and basically never enforced against star players