• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you waste your money on this view? You have floor seats from your living room

True but that's true even with reasonable seats. If all you want is the best view TV is always best. If you want to be in the energy of a crowd having fun, obviously a different story.

During the Warriors' playoff run in 2015 for that big road game in OKC, the game Klay went nuts, they let us buy tickets to go into the arena (was still Oakland then) to watch the game on the jumbotron. We paid to watch TV in a huge arena. Because it was almost like being there the crowd was really into it and they were selling beer and everything, it had advantages because no commercials. And it was a blast, I'm sure other teams do this.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right- with Mitchell and Garland.....and then guys like LeVert, Allen, Love, Osman---- at 21 years old Mobley was not gonna be a 20+ point scorer. You got Mitchell and Garland combining for 50 a game- both shooting 40% from 3....

not sure what people thought.

I think a decent comparison for Mobley is going to be a rich-man's Bam. Bam's 2nd year he was at 8.9 pts, 7.3 rebounds 2.2 assists.......Mobley has a little more wiggle too- a little more wing than big man- though bam does have some wing in him at times defensively- but Mobley more so.

Mobley is playing great D, 14+ a game, 9 boards, almost 3 assists. Seems pretty right on track to me.

So you think he's going to be a superstar? Bam entered this year as a top 30 player with the clear improvement of his expanded offensive game and still one of of the best all around defenders in the league, safe to assume if he keeps this up that he is at minimum a borderline top 15 player

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think he's going to be a superstar? Bam entered this year as a top 30 player with the clear improvement of his expanded offensive game and still one of of the best all around defenders in the league, safe to assume if he keeps this up that he is at minimum a borderline top 15 player
Mobley? I think is a great bet of being a top 10 player at some point. I think by the time he is 25-26 he will be one of the best players in the league.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think Mobley can get there?

as for top 50- I saw this TheRinger list and- while I do not totally agree with it- I did think it was decent--- not great but decent. Though- as a Heat fan- would you give Bam the nod over Jimmy at this point? Would that be based on pure talent or a combination of talent and availability?

this is what they said about MObley:

Already a high-impact player on both sides of the floor with huge upside and multiple Defensive Player of the Year awards in his future.

ANALYSIS
It’s not every year when a player enters the NBA drawing legitimate comparisons to Kevin Garnett. But Mobley showed why during a first season that ended with him finishing second in Rookie of the Year by a few voting points. Centers who move so gracefully, with touch, intelligence, footwork, and tenacity, are a cherished breed.
Even though he’s now playing with three teammates who made last year’s All-Star team, Mobley’s growth is still the most important thing happening in Cleveland. There’s a realistic chance that he’ll be their best player by season’s end, a perennial Defensive Player of the Year candidate who can average 20 points and 10 rebounds in his sleep.
He may already be their most important player. What the Cavaliers need is someone who can plug holes on defense and make sure Darius Garland and Donovan Mitchell aren’t exposed too badly. When those two are blitzed on offense, Mobley’s ability to slice up a rotating defense will be key, too. For now, he’s in a glorified complementary role, but if the Cavs get where they want to go, Mobley will be the superstar his rookie season promised he’d be.

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what TheRinger's updated list for last week was for top 50....

1. Giannis
2. Jokic
3. Curry
4. Doncic
5. Durant
6. Embiid
7. Tatum
8. LeBron
9. Davis
10. Zion
11. Ja
12. Booker
13. Mitchell
14. SGA
15. George
16. Siakam
17. Jimmy
18. Lilliard
19. Harden
20. Haliburton
21. Brown
22. Kawhi
23. DeRozan
24. Ingram
25. Sabonis
26. Bam
27. Trae
28. Garland
29. Kyrie
30. Fox
31. Towns
32. Holiday
33. Mark
34. Bane
35. Dray
36. Edwards
37. Beal
38. Wiggins
39. Murray
40. Grant
41. JJJ
42. Middleton
43. OG
44. Allen
45. Klay
46. Bridges
47. Brook Lop
48. Gobert
49. Mobley
50. Ball

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you think Mobley can get there?

as for top 50- I saw this TheRinger list and- while I do not totally agree with it- I did think it was decent--- not great but decent. Though- as a Heat fan- would you give Bam the nod over Jimmy at this point? Would that be based on pure talent or a combination of talent and availability?

this is what they said about MObley:

Already a high-impact player on both sides of the floor with huge upside and multiple Defensive Player of the Year awards in his future.

ANALYSIS
It’s not every year when a player enters the NBA drawing legitimate comparisons to Kevin Garnett. But Mobley showed why during a first season that ended with him finishing second in Rookie of the Year by a few voting points. Centers who move so gracefully, with touch, intelligence, footwork, and tenacity, are a cherished breed.
Even though he’s now playing with three teammates who made last year’s All-Star team, Mobley’s growth is still the most important thing happening in Cleveland. There’s a realistic chance that he’ll be their best player by season’s end, a perennial Defensive Player of the Year candidate who can average 20 points and 10 rebounds in his sleep.
He may already be their most important player. What the Cavaliers need is someone who can plug holes on defense and make sure Darius Garland and Donovan Mitchell aren’t exposed too badly. When those two are blitzed on offense, Mobley’s ability to slice up a rotating defense will be key, too. For now, he’s in a glorified complementary role, but if the Cavs get where they want to go, Mobley will be the superstar his rookie season promised he’d be.
No chance he is better than Mitchell by season's end.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder are now 1/2 game out of the play in game
So are the Clippers.

ETA: Nope….we are already there.

Denver owns them with , or without, Joker.

Cant wait to see who’s NOT on the team in the next couple of weeks.

Thank GAWD we have the Rox and Lakers coming up.

Those are probably our only winnable games the next 8.

Last edited:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what TheRinger's updated list for last week was for top 50....

1. Giannis
2. Jokic
3. Curry
4. Doncic
5. Durant
6. Embiid
7. Tatum
8. LeBron
9. Davis
10. Zion
11. Ja
12. Booker
13. Mitchell
14. SGA
15. George
16. Siakam
17. Jimmy
18. Lilliard
19. Harden
20. Haliburton
21. Brown
22. Kawhi
23. DeRozan
24. Ingram
25. Sabonis
26. Bam
27. Trae
28. Garland
29. Kyrie
30. Fox
31. Towns
32. Holiday
33. Mark
34. Bane
35. Dray
36. Edwards
37. Beal
38. Wiggins
39. Murray
40. Grant
41. JJJ
42. Middleton
43. OG
44. Allen
45. Klay
46. Bridges
47. Brook Lop
48. Gobert
49. Mobley
50. Ball
Guys who are always out injured getting some prime real estate.

I would not have Booker nor Zion ahead of SGA or Mitchell.

Kawhi and George ahead of Sabonis and Bam is also egregious.

How different would this list look if it was based off of what guys have ACTUALLY DONE THIS YEAR and not on reputation/ lifetime achievement?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are the Clippers.

Denver owns them with , or without, Joker.

Cant wait to see who’s NOT on the team in the next couple of weeks.

Holy moly did you hear about this?

report shows officials missed seven calls in final minutes of Lakers-Mavs (from si-.com)

Seven is a whole helluva lot. Said this before, it's not if but when will the refs cost a team a win the playoffs.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy moly did you hear about this?

report shows officials missed seven calls in final minutes of Lakers-Mavs (from si-.com)

Seven is a whole helluva lot. Said this before, it's not if but when will the refs cost a team a win the playoffs?
Yep.

We we’re talking about that yesterday.

Deplorable shit.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, thank goodness….

We have the Spurs twice as well.

The Clippers don’t even start any guards.

Thats how absolutely ASS they are at the point.

@tlance was right about Wall.

He is a serviceable back up some games.

Others, he looks completely washed.

Reggie has been getting straight up DNPs.

Likae @The Q said.

Just go get Conley already.

This go one on one every play shit is awful.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

We we’re talking about that yesterday.

Deplorable shit.

Dammit you responded before I could fix my comment. Didn't mean to ask a question at the end of it. Oh well.

I was watching a game a few days ago. Defensive goaltending was called. But here's the thing. The shot wasn't going to go in. It had hit the rim then the defender made contact with the ball. That was called goaltending.