• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did because it fits what I was talking about - Lakers fans over playing their assets thinking that they can give teams their trash in exchange for another team’s asset.

Really? Which Lakers fans are doing that?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just making this shit up apparently. And of course, there isn’t an entire cottage industry built online selling Lakers fans this nonsense and stoking the fires.

“How the Lakers can get KD for Russ and THT and other can’t miss solutions”

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not going to win MVP because NBA media hates him. But let’s not pretend that he isn’t worthy. He’s leading the league in scoring. There hasn’t been a big man lead the league in scoring in back to back years since Kareem. He had 35 in 23 minutes last night. That’s the least minutes played for a 35 point night in league history. He has become much better passing out of the post. He’s the fulcrum of his team’s defensive attack. Joel Embiid is absolutely worthy of an MVP that they refuse to give him. This year is Luka’s year because NBA media is predictable and we already heard all the off season talk that this is his year. It’s his turn so Luka will win the MVP. NBA media already determined that it’s his time. Additionally, Luka has no help so he’s primed to carry his team chalking up tons of stats and RAPTOR and VORP and all that other nonsense desk jockeys who never received a high school letter fall in love with. It won’t matter if the Mavs are a 6 or 7 seed.

I thought this thread was about Laker (and Clipper) fans crying? I guess we need to include Embiid superfans...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying jocks don't understand math? Reasonable I guess...
I’m saying that because we invited beta males to be a part of the sports culture in the everlasting search for more sports dollars we are now regaled with hot takes from math dorks and granola eating feminists who demand equal pay for WNBA players.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opened the Twitter app and this was the first tweet that popped up for me. It’s real. NBA media just hates the Sixers and a good part of that is the undue power Mass Holes like Bill Simmons and his Ringer bull shit.

Giving Bill Simmons any credit for his takes is inadvisable. Don't feed the trolls...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m saying that because we invited beta males to be a part of the sports culture in the everlasting search for more sports dollars we are now regaled with hot takes from math dorks and granola eating feminists who demand equal pay for WNBA players.

So jocks are dumb and sexist? Got it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving Bill Simmons any credit for his takes is inadvisable. Don't feed the trolls...
He’s a central figure in NBA media. He’s a straw that stirs the drink. He and Zack Lowe right the narrative and the flooded market of talking heads take their marching orders from them. Have you ever listened to the Simmons podcast? If any guy from the Ringer has a take that disagrees with the Simmons narrative he grinds them into a nub verbally until they assimilate. They’re all automatons.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shopson DJ …and you just dipped your toes in the water.

LOL, we're discussing rumors that we are NOT generating. Lakers themselves seem to be pushing for pie-in-the-sky trades for superstars. Media is reporting rumors for packages of starters/role players. Expiring contracts do have value for tanking teams, as do draft picks.

That said, teams highly value those 2027 and 2029 picks for some reason, assuming the Lakers will be bottom feeders by then. I guess they don't follow NBA history much and just have the post Kobe years freshly in their minds. It took several unexpected happenings in succession (Kobe's achilles, CP3 trade nixed, Howard flaking out) to get the Lakers to repeated lottery status, and now teams seem to think that's repeatable. Prior to drafting Randle #7 in 2014, the Lakers previous lottery pick was Bynum in 2005, and prior to that was Eddie Jones in 1994 (and both were 10th overall). Prior to Randle, the Lakers hadn't picked in the top 10 since Worthy went #1 in 1982.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a central figure in NBA media. He’s a straw that stirs the drink. He and Zack Lowe right the narrative and the flooded market of talking heads take their marching orders from them. Have you ever listened to the Simmons podcast? If any guy from the Ringer has a take that disagrees with the Simmons narrative he grinds them into a nub verbally until they assimilate. They’re all automatons.

He's Skip Bayless in Boston.