• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I’m concerned he is owed 2 already
Yep. NBA media doesn’t like him and that plays out yearly. You roll the ball out these days and he’s good for 35.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. NBA media doesn’t like him and that plays out yearly. You roll the ball out these days and he’s good for 35.

My issue with Embiid until last year was games played. While I agree the knock of Jokic on D is reasonable he has averaged about 12 to 15 more games per year than Embiid. That's pretty substantial.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with Embiid until last year was games played. While I agree the knock of Jokic on D is reasonable he has averaged about 12 to 15 more games per year than Embiid. That's pretty substantial.
That’s ignoring the recent trend in basketball and in sports in general. If we are to accept these analytics as the next level of sports, if that’s the thing that has been used to separate Jokic from Embiid the other side of that says that a big man with injury history is going to have to load manage. Jokic hasn’t had the injury history Embiid has had. Last year Embiid played 68 of 82 and 5 of those missed games were due to Covid. The criticism in 2020 was that he didn’t play enough games. He went and played a career high in games played in 2021 and he actually improved from 2020 playing most of the season just him and Maxey. He was the first big since Mo Malone in 82 to average over 30 PPG. The man has done his job. He can’t control how pencil necked geeks view him.

Also…. My ass is terrible today! Was grading in my classroom grading stuff before homeroom and was ripping some meaty ones. It’s funny to see the kids’ noses twitch and their face grimace as they walk through the door. Good times. Good times.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip is just constantly tone def.

Can’t put him ahead of Giannis, Luka and Jokic right now. Even Tatum and KD.

If he goes off and the 6ers move up toward the top?

Then maybe.

But not today.

Dallas likely to finish 6th-8th and as much as i love luka that will not be good enough for MVP.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas likely to finish 6th-8th and as much as i love luka that will not be good enough for MVP.
Disagree. That’s the perfect storm. It’s the Jokic plan. Your team is middling and the best player gets to be the primary scorer, the primary play maker. Additionally, Luka is listed as a guard and yet does a lot of rebounding for them. These fugaze metrics love that shit! If you’re a big man with an assist it counts more than an assist from a guard. If you’re a guard that rebound is worth more in the metric than the same rebound grabbed by a big man.

Luka is definitely MVP. He’s been anointed. This year is his turn. This is what NBA media does. We are in a moment where the ancillary ass clowns that have no talent or athletic ability have undue power in sports.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opened the Twitter app and this was the first tweet that popped up for me. It’s real. NBA media just hates the Sixers and a good part of that is the undue power Mass Holes like Bill Simmons and his Ringer bull shit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Kelce knows what’s up.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q @bksballer89

After missing over two years due to injury, Jonathan Isaac played in a ramp-up game with the G League affiliate in Lakeland Wednesday night.

In 24 minutes of action, Isaac scored 15 points while grabbing five rebounds.

Isaac will play again Friday in Lakeland, with a return to Orlando coming soon.

Good for him

I’d take him in bostkn, he’s been my guy since college

But they have no path

But he’s a fun potential difference maker on a team who has some meh deals

Someone like Phoenix who has expiring deals would be fun as hell

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is probably wrong considering they lost a max player for nothing (out of pure stubbornness) and aren’t falling apart entirely

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. That’s the perfect storm. It’s the Jokic plan. Your team is middling and the best player gets to be the primary scorer, the primary play maker. Additionally, Luka is listed as a guard and yet does a lot of rebounding for them. These fugaze metrics love that shit! If you’re a big man with an assist it counts more than an assist from a guard. If you’re a guard that rebound is worth more in the metric than the same rebound grabbed by a big man.

Luka is definitely MVP. He’s been anointed. This year is his turn. This is what NBA media does. We are in a moment where the ancillary ass clowns that have no talent or athletic ability have undue power in sports.

Biggest reason jokic got the mvp was that he did what he did last year without Murray and MPJ was basically all season. Luka doesn't have that same problem so if they're a 46 win team and 6th or lower than they give it to someone else

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest reason jokic got the mvp was that he did what he did last year without Murray and MPJ was basically all season. Luka doesn't have that same problem so if they're a 46 win team and 6th or lower than they give it to someone else
Sure he does. His supporting cast is ass. Same deal with Jokic. Just watch. People will continue to denigrate the group around Luka and make it seem like he’s carrying a special olympics roster all season. The narrative is already written and that’s what these media awards all about…narrative. Just listen to the Zack Lowe and Bill Simmons podcasts. They will tell you what NBA media is going to do.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the usual

Laker rumors are them offering 2 players detroit doesn't want for a protected first rounder 5 years from now.

Sweet. The Lakers pick doesn't fit Detroits timeline.

What exactly is Detroit's timeline? They've had one winning season in the last 15 (including this season).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the usual

Laker rumors are them offering 2 players detroit doesn't want for a protected first rounder 5 years from now.

Sweet. The Lakers pick doesn't fit Detroits timeline.

I think that may depend on which one you're talking about. 2029 may not fit the timeline, but 2027 could.

4 years isn't that long, so they could be looking to add a talented rookie to the roster. Especially if they have cap issues.

Also, the closer we get to 2027, the more valuable the pick becomes. It could be used in say, 2025 as part of a trade to add someone who fills a need.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that may depend on which one you're talking about. 2029 may not fit the timeline, but 2027 could.

4 years isn't that long, so they could be looking to add a talented rookie to the roster. Especially if they have cap issues.

Also, the closer we get to 2027, the more valuable the pick becomes. It could be used in say, 2025 as part of a trade to add someone who fills a need.
Lipstick on the pig that is the Lakers assets is what keeps me coming back to this board.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, first round picks are never valuable.
Depends on how much in the way of protections are on them and how many years out they are. A pick 4 years from now doesn't smell very valuable. Fluke trash like Nunn and a guy like Bev who is a complimentary piece for a team that is looking to compete and needs a guy to fill a role have little to no value and yet Lakers fans project that Russ' expiring deal plus distant picks and these fluke trash pieces are gonna net them borderline All-Stars like Turner and Bojan.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on how much in the way of protections are on them and how many years out they are. A pick 4 years from now doesn't smell very valuable. Fluke trash like Nunn and a guy like Bev who is a complimentary piece for a team that is looking to compete and needs a guy to fill a role have little to no value and yet Lakers fans project that Russ' expiring deal plus distant picks and these fluke trash pieces are gonna net them borderline All-Stars like Turner and Bojan.

Who said anything about Nunn or anyone else? My post was strictly about the picks and nothing I said about them was incorrect.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, this post isn't even accurate or well thought out.

No one has suggested that Westbrook, Nunn, etc. are good players who would help a team win. Their value is as expiring contracts. Tanking teams value draft picks and cap space. Expiring deals provide that cap space and do it with players who aren't going to win games.

And Lakers fans haven't projected anything here. The potential trades have been brought up by others. In fact, Lakers fans have basically acknowledged that getting Bojan is unlikely as Detroit seems to want to keep him (hence the high asking price) and he seems like he wants to be there as he signed an extension and hasn't asked for a trade.

You're just pissy because Embiid isn't going to win MVP and isn't good enough to get his team out of the 2nd round.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about Nunn or anyone else? My post was strictly about the picks and nothing I said about them was incorrect.
I did because it fits what I was talking about - Lakers fans over playing their assets thinking that they can give teams their trash in exchange for another team’s asset.