• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously have that happening as well since I’ve been pushing it since the gobert trade lol

It all depends on asking prices of the trade partners. Some very differing opinions depending on what side you're on. Laker supposedly back in talks with the Spurs (Spurs are below the salary floor), but want picks upon picks for each potential target.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading him for anything less than a first isn't likely

Or a young piece

They supposedly want an unprotected first AND a young piece for a 33 year old player. Push for what you can, maybe another contender with more appropriate trade assets can meet that. Lakers likely missed their chance when he was traded to the Pistons.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They supposedly want an unprotected first AND a young piece for a 33 year old player. Push for what you can, maybe another contender with more appropriate trade assets can meet that. Lakers likely missed their chance when he was traded to the Pistons.

Like I said everything I've heard is they want him as a veteran presence around the youngins unless they get a deal that blows them away.

The Pistons are going to change the roster makeup sooner than later and I don't think they're married to any players other than Duren Ivey and Cade....but again...Bojan seems to be a piece they'd moreso keep than not.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was it that said after the Mitchell trade that Mobley doesn’t assert himself as it is and that this could quell the rate of his progress? Was that you @WiggyRuss or was that you @dtgold88 ? I can’t remember. Either way gentlemen…great call.
I def. did.........I am not so much worried about it yet---- he is only 21......but its gonna be tough to develop this offensive game when you have Allen getting a bunch of put backs- and Garland and Mitchell dominating the ball......Love and LeVert and Osman need some shots and are some legit bench scorers.

Not a lot of shots for him. 14, 9 and 3 with great defense is pretty solid for 21 years old--- but at some point he is going to have to get more aggressie and the Cavs are going to have to work harder to get him the ball.

I honestly think that getting Rubio will help Mobley a solid amount.

I am excited for Rubio's return since I think he will get more use out of Allen and Mobley.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame that you can't come up with something original.

It's just the usual

Laker rumors are them offering 2 players detroit doesn't want for a protected first rounder 5 years from now.

Sweet. The Lakers pick doesn't fit Detroits timeline.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... he signed an extension. Seems like he's fine

I think he means that in the sense that he could really help a contender and possibly get himself a ring before he retires.

On the other hand, he signed an extension, so he obviously doesn't hate being there.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bog is wasting away in the Motor City.
He signed an extension.

So, I'm guessing he's good.

Have not heard a peep about him wanting to leave.

Which wouldn't matter because, again, he signed an extension.

Clearly, securing the bag was his #1 priority.