• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can't produce an article stating what you've claimed? It's just your opinion and nothing else that Jokic gets picked apart on the defense end in the playoffs.

You didn't bother paying attention to the fact that CP3 averages 8.3 assist, not the 14 you incorrectly claimed. Or that you said Jokic averages 8 assists when he averages 9.7. Not surprised because those actual numbers go completely against what you want to tell yourself about Jokic because you don't like his game.

It's funny that you're completely allergic to stats/numbers unless they favor your player or you just outright make up a lie. Like what you said about Jokic & CP3's assist this season.
You actually have to watch basketball games. You can’t read box scores and bull shit analytics and think you know the story.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't bother paying attention to the fact that CP3 averages 8.3 assist, not the 14 you incorrectly claimed. Or that you said Jokic averages 8 assists when he averages 9.7. Not surprised because those actual numbers go completely against what you want to tell yourself about Jokic because you don't like his game.

It's funny that you're completely allergic to stats/numbers unless they favor your player or you just outright make up a lie. Like what you said about Jokic & CP3's assist this season.
And read my 8 and 14 comment again. Look at what I actually said and then apologize for failing to read effectively. Those numbers were pulled out of the air to criticize the VORP metric that awards 2 points for an assist from a center but one point for an assist from a PG. Thus, in that metric I criticized Jokic’s 8 assist game is deemed more valuable than CP3’s 14 assist game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually have to watch basketball games. You can’t read box scores and bull shit analytics and think you know the story.

You're on one funny roll this morning. I bet I watch more NBA games each season than you do. You probably only watch the 76ers.

For a 3rd year in a row you're over-pimping Embiid and are the only person on this site calling the fella you hate-hate-hate-hate Jokic fat & sloppy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic is a one way basketball player who gets hunted in the playoffs because he’s dog shit defensively. The NBA media loves those guys forever and ever. And now in the modern era of math nerds taking over sports, Jokic is a God to them because of metrics that treat his 8 assists as being more valuable than CP3’s 14 assists.

Jokic has gotten out of the first round 4 out of the last 5 years, just like Embiid. Difference is, Jokic also got to the conference finals once. The playoff performance argument doesn't really help you?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And read my 8 and 14 comment again. Look at what I actually said and then apologize for failing to read effectively. Those numbers were pulled out of the air to criticize the VORP metric that awards 2 points for an assist from a center but one point for an assist from a PG. Thus, in that metric I criticized Jokic’s 8 assist game is deemed more valuable than CP3’s 14 assist game.

Just like you didn't read all of my comment blah-blah-blah to what I am sure is total bullshit after the first two words of your comment.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only teams with 2 guys are the 76'ers- and I think Harden is a dubious 19 at this point

and the Lakers- #8 and #9...

but they need more to get to .500

No, Lakers need better health to get over .500. The need more to be a contender given those games lost.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're on one funny roll this morning. I bet I watch more NBA games each season than you do. You probably only watch the 76ers.

For a 3rd year in a row you're over-pimping Embiid and are the only person on this site calling the fella you hate-hate-hate-hate Jokic fat & sloppy.
I’m not over pimping anything. I’ve had more criticism than praise for Embiid this year. In fact, I’ve posted here many times that the Sixers can’t do shit in my eyes until they show they can get out of the 2nd round.

Just ask the Warriors fans who watched every minute of that series how often Jokic was hunted to isolate him for a blow by. It was nearly every possession. How are you the two time MVP if victimizing your defense is the focal point of the game plan for a whole series?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic has gotten out of the first round 4 out of the last 5 years, just like Embiid. Difference is, Jokic also got to the conference finals once. The playoff performance argument doesn't really help you?
Lakers fans love leaning on that bubble year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like you didn't read all of my comment blah-blah-blah to what I am sure is total bullshit after the first two words of your comment.
A real man would apologize when he’s wrong. Don’t lie. You read it and you’re embarrassed that you can’t read effectively.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone that lost that year loves criticizing that year. Being stuck in Orlando for weeks at a time isn't good for anyone lol.
Pretty good for teams blowing leads in empty gyms.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally, my comment was about his defense and less about the playoffs. I cited the playoffs because in the playoffs teams hunt weaknesses and in every series he ever plays in the rest of his life, Jokic is going to be the focal point of the opposition’s attack.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic is a one way basketball player who gets hunted in the playoffs because he’s dog shit defensively. The NBA media loves those guys forever and ever. And now in the modern era of math nerds taking over sports, Jokic is a God to them because of metrics that treat his 8 assists as being more valuable than CP3’s 14 assists.
Well he wasn't playing with Murray and MPJ in last years playoffs. The year before the pushed to champion to a hell a series. While Embiid can't win with Butler, Simmons and others. Not sure you can call Embiid better at this point.

Embiid averaged 23 ppg last playoffs. ORTG 120 DRTG 106.

Jokic had an ORTG 134 DRTG 110. He averaged more blocks and steals than Embiid. Embiid is the better defensive player but Jokic does way more on the court overall bc he is basically a point guard.

Keep Going Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he wasn't playing with Murray and MPJ in last years playoffs. The year before the pushed to champion to a hell a series. While Embiid can't win with Butler, Simmons and others. Not sure you can call Embiid better at this point.

Embiid averaged 23 ppg last playoffs. ORTG 120 DRTG 106.

Jokic had an ORTG 134 DRTG 110. He averaged more blocks and steals than Embiid. Embiid is the better defensive player but Jokic does way more on the court overall bc he is basically a point guard.

Keep Going Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
And that’s what it’s all about. He’s a carnival act. People see a play maker who is fat and a center and it amazes them. My playoff comment was all about emphasizing his dog shit defense. I’ll eat my crow when you see a team that comes into a series with a game plan that says we’re going to exploit the defense of Joel Embiid.