• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the PRIMARY factor, real estate and TV deals. Heck the Chase Center alone is probably half the franchise value.

Yeah. I know cause the Red Sox ownership really, if they didn’t start it, they made it a thing

You can generate huge dollars that are “technically” not sport generated revenue (only because the players associations are run by morons) so they get to keep it to themselves as well

And yes chase is worth a lot and I assume the lakers don’t own staples

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut eveyone down

Get too 10 pick

Trade with lorwy’s expiring deal this summer
Riley and the Heat will never do that. Plus it wouldn't be worth it, this team does have some young players but they also have veterans that want to win now. Butler isn't getting younger. If they are a 1st round out, I would NEED to make some big moves in the offseason. Riley always seems to come up with something but it usually doesn't come through the draft, at least high picks.

They need to find any way possible to get rid of Lowry contract but even then they are over the cap and have limitations.

23-24 Projected Salary Cap - $134M
Butler $45M
Bam $33M
Lowry $30M
Herro $27M
Robinson $18M
Martin $6.8M
Jovic - $2.3M
Oladipo - $9.45M - player option

Even if they bring back Strus, that isn't a very deep roster even when healthy. Without moving the Lowry contract I'm not sure there is much flexibility with this roster. Plus you have the terrible Robinson contract-$48M combined between those two.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley and the Heat will never do that. Plus it wouldn't be worth it, this team does have some young players but they also have veterans that want to win now. Butler isn't getting younger. If they are a 1st round out, I would NEED to make some big moves in the offseason. Riley always seems to come up with something but it usually doesn't come through the draft, at least high picks.

They need to find any way possible to get rid of Lowry contract.

Butler $45M
Bam $33M
Lowry $30M
Herro $27M
Robinson $18M
Martin $6.8M
Jovic - $2.3M

Even if they bring back Strus, that isn't a very deep roster even when healthy. Without moving the Lowry contract I'm not sure there is much flexibility with this roster. Plus you have the terrible Robinson contract-$48M combined between those two.

Robinson jovic and some firsts for mark is a fun one

For now and the future

And fills the gaping hole on the roster

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson jovic and some firsts for mark is a fun one

For now and the future

And fills the gaping hole on the roster
Mark is becoming a true player that Utah can build around but still not a #1 imo...they would definitely need to throw in a couple 1st's. If Ainge wants to go the Presti way and just acquire a ton of picks definitely the way to go.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fightinfunbags you see who is at #2 and #6

Jimmy Fallon Laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They need to find any way possible to get rid of Lowry contract but even then they are over the cap and have limitations.

Butler $45M
Bam $33M
Lowry $30M
Herro $27M
Robinson $18M
Martin $6.8M
Jovic - $2.3M

Using jovic and 2-3 firsts for mark covers all your holes and you have the mle to add on another core bench guy for depth.

But they’re gonna need to not be cheap and buy some seconds to try and heat culture some depth as well

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's not bc they are doing great things on the court LOL
Jokic is a one way basketball player who gets hunted in the playoffs because he’s dog shit defensively. The NBA media loves those guys forever and ever. And now in the modern era of math nerds taking over sports, Jokic is a God to them because of metrics that treat his 8 assists as being more valuable than CP3’s 14 assists.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic is a one way basketball player who gets hunted in the playoffs because he’s dog shit defensively. The NBA media loves those guys forever and ever. And now in the modern era of math nerds taking over sports, Jokic is a God to them because of metrics that treat his 8 assists as being more valuable than CP3’s 14 assists.

Why do you hate white ppl?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only teams with 2 guys are the 76'ers- and I think Harden is a dubious 19 at this point

and the Lakers- #8 and #9...

but they need more to get to .500
You haven’t been paying attention then. Harden is leading the league in APG.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're the only person I've seen say Jokic gets knocked around on the defensive end in the playoffs. You gotta article or something to back that up? Over the past two season he's actually playing the best defense of his career.

And gotta ask where did you get the numbers that Jokic averages 8 assist and CP3 averages 14 assist per game?

This season CP3 is averaging 8.3 assists. Jokic is averaging 9.7.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the only person I've seen say Jokic gets knocked around on the defensive end in the playoffs. You gotta article or something to back that up? Over the past two season he's actually playing the best defense of his career.

And gotta ask where did you get the numbers that Jokic averages 8 assist and CP3 averages 14 assist per game?

This season CP3 is averaging 8.3 assists. Jokic is averaging 9.7.
Then you didn’t pay attention because every action in the playoffs was run at him. His cover was involved in pick and roll every time down the court so they could get him isolated for a blow by. What the fuck are you even talking about? I didn’t read shit after that because when you start with crazy there’s no point reading the rest.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you didn’t pay attention because every action in the playoffs was run at him. His cover was involved in pick and roll every time down the court so they could get him isolated for a blow by. What the fuck are you even talking about? I didn’t read shit after that because when you start with crazy there’s no point reading the rest.

You didn't bother paying attention to the fact that CP3 averages 8.3 assist, not the 14 you incorrectly claimed. Or that you said Jokic averages 8 assists when he averages 9.7. Not surprised because those actual numbers go completely against what you want to tell yourself about Jokic because you don't like his game.

It's funny that you're completely allergic to stats/numbers unless they favor your player or you just outright make up a lie. Like what you said about Jokic & CP3's assist this season.