• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? It’s salary floatsam

You’re getting a treasure trove of picks
Nah, I’ve looked at their picks. It’s all garbage. Top 18 protected, top 14 protected, their picks will be 20 and later. And he stays in the division? Bwahahaha! Fuck that bull shit. Randle has 3 Fucking years left on that deal. No fucking thanks

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or worse, Barrett
At least Barrett is cheaper. I hate him too though. I hate everything on that roster with the exception of the only dude they won’t deal in Brunson.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Barrett is cheaper. I hate him too though. I hate everything on that roster with the exception of the only dude they won’t deal in Brunson.

Only marginally, and his contract runs longer. I do like Hartenstein and Hart, maybe Quickley?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only marginally, and his contract runs longer. I do like Hartenstein and Hart, maybe Quickley?
I can’t. I’m gonna fucking vomit. How low will the Sixers franchise have sunk if they give a garbage franchise like the Knicks a title with Joel Embiid. I’m gonna go buy a dog just so I can cvnt punt the bitch.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t. I’m gonna fucking vomit. How low will the Sixers franchise have sunk if they give a garbage franchise like the Knicks a title with Joel Embiid. I’m gonna go buy a dog just so I can cvnt punt the bitch.

In general, not for the Sixers specifically in an Embiid deal (as I don't see one to be made). Hartenstein is a solid backup big, Hart is a solid 3/D role player, nothing more.

The discussion about the Blazers made more sense, and I'm sure there will be more. Knicks are just everyone's reflex post because of their market.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general, not for the Sixers specifically in an Embiid deal (as I don't see one to be made). Hartenstein is a solid backup big, Hart is a solid 3/D role player, nothing more.

The discussion about the Blazers made more sense, and I'm sure there will be more. Knicks are just everyone's reflex post because of their market.

And their volume of picks

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6 months too late. They were dumb as fuck for not breaking it up before the trade deadline and giving themselves a shot at Wemby. Sure, their pick was only top 4 protected but a shot at Wemby is a much better option than what they ended up doing. It was clear to everyone they weren't going anywhere

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 months too late. They were dumb as fuck for not breaking it up before the trade deadline and giving themselves a shot at Wemby. Sure, their pick was only top 4 protected but a shot at Wemby is a much better option than what they ended up doing. It was clear to everyone they weren't going anywhere

They should’ve at least traded vuc

I wonder if they will Stretch ball or just eat the pain for 2 years and move on

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no SF like that available.

And even if you say kawhi

It costs them nurkic too

And that’s the blazers biggest problem imo.

They don’t have enough bodies/empty salary to make this work

Let’s say you get kawhi

You have no centers
Fs: Grant, kawhi, thybulle, walker, knox
Wings: sharpe, watford
G: dame, Keon

Now they could trade watford walker knox and Keon and try to get another vet with the first they got from the Knicks..:.but why when that’s just replacing hart

They would need to use their mle on a c or backup pg

I just don’t see enough pieces left on the board to be a finals contender

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no SF like that available.

And even if you say kawhi

It costs them nurkic too

And that’s the blazers biggest problem imo.

They don’t have enough bodies/empty salary to make this work

Let’s say you get kawhi

You have no centers
Fs: Grant, kawhi, thybulle, walker, knox
Wings: sharpe, watford
G: dame, Keon

Now they could trade watford walker knox and Keon and try to get another vet with the first they got from the Knicks..:.but why when that’s just replacing hart

They would need to use their mle on a c or backup pg

I just don’t see enough pieces left on the board to be a finals contender
Wouldn’t Mikal Bridges qualify as an elite small forward? I read that tweet yesterday and that’s who I thought of.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t Mikal Bridges qualify as an elite small forward? I read that tweet yesterday and that’s who I thought of.

He’s allegedly not on the table.

Especially since the nets don’t control all their picks

Now if that changes, that’s the move to make imo.

Keeps nurkic around too. Which I think is more important than people think.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also don’t forget they can’t go all in on picks because they owe a protected first to the bulls.

So they can’t make a big swing until next summer beyond one big sf deal with 3

And if the pick conveys next year they can’t trade 2025 until that pick is used

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s allegedly not on the table.

Especially since the nets don’t control all their picks

Now if that changes, that’s the move to make imo.

Keeps nurkic around too. Which I think is more important than people think.
There’s a ton of different ways for Portland to go. They first need to decide if there is a viable option to make a run with Dame. Economics clouds decision making. Not sure what attendance and support is there currently but no Dame will negatively impact wherever they are now. I don’t think they can find enough to put around him to make it work personally and the smart move is to move on and use the 3rd pick to start their rebuild.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a ton of different ways for Portland to go. They first need to decide if there is a viable option to make a run with Dame. Economics clouds decision making. Not sure what attendance and support is there currently but no Dame will negatively impact wherever they are now. I don’t think they can find enough to put around him to make it work personally and the smart move is to move on and use the 3rd pick to start their rebuild.

I agree. I don’t see a path really.

That team i created above isn’t bad.

It’s likely even a playoff team (assuming kawhi doesn’t take the season off…) but is it a title contender??

Even if I turn those bottom 4 guys into say…Cody Martin.

That’s a good squad, but it’s not the favorite

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don’t see a path really.

That team i created above isn’t bad.

It’s likely even a playoff team (assuming kawhi doesn’t take the season off…) but is it a title contender??

Even if I turn those bottom 4 guys into say…Cody Martin.

That’s a good squad, but it’s not the favorite
On another note, after Game 3 last series we talked about Sixers bowling it up. After game 5 of the last series we were talking about the Celtics blowing it up. Here we are today and it looks like both of our squads are facing an eventful off season. What’s your plan? I’m all over the place on the Sixers. I need to see who the coach is.