• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, after Game 3 last series we talked about Sixers bowling it up. After game 5 of the last series we were talking about the Celtics blowing it up. Here we are today and it looks like both of our squads are facing an eventful off season. What’s your plan? I’m all over the place on the Sixers. I need to see who the coach is.

I have not the slightest clue.

My guess would be right now…brown to Portland for Simon’s and 3.

Celtics try to thread the needle a bit.

Probably a consolidation trade with brogdan and gallo and maybe Pritchard plus picks for a player who fits better or replaces grant.

I still want them offering up unprotected picks and bob for embiid lol

But I doubt that happens

There’s so many ways to go .

One domino is grant

To me you have to match to give yourself salary match for the season. But if you match he can veto trades (like Ayton) and can’t go to the team who signed the offer sheet for a year

Ideally they sign and trade grant.

But Celtics roster is so too heavy and it’s somehow not the favorite that something has to change

It’s clear not turning grant and gallo into a better fit at the deadline was a mistake

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,394.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, after Game 3 last series we talked about Sixers bowling it up. After game 5 of the last series we were talking about the Celtics blowing it up. Here we are today and it looks like both of our squads are facing an eventful off season. What’s your plan? I’m all over the place on the Sixers. I need to see who the coach is.
Some good coaches to choose from.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The more I think about it, I think he’d be my top pick for Boston and I want borrego on staff to run the offense.

Ball movement, ball movement, ball movement

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers overturning 70% of their roster shows the truth:

Vogel was never the problem

He was never the problem, but he also kind of got himself fired.

He didn't want Westbrook and he coached that way.

I don't believe Ham wanted Westbrook either. But he at least made a real effort to find a role for him and supported him publicly.

When that happened and they still weren't winning, Pelinka was able to tell Lebron and Klutch that "we tried it your way, now we're doing it my way".

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would change the course of the East for sure
One less team to deal with BUT Philly could still make some moves and be a dangerous team in the east. Minus Harden they are below the C’s, Bucks and Heat. Just makes more room for teams on the rise. You never know the C’s could make a big move depending on this series…more likely to get a new coach

I expect Koby to make moves this offseason and shape the fit of the Cavs roster to put them in closer to contention next season.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One less team to deal with BUT Philly could still make some moves and be a dangerous team in the east. Minus Harden they are below the C’s, Bucks and Heat. Just makes more room for teams on the rise. You never know the C’s could make a big move depending on this series…more likely to get a new coach

I expect Koby to make moves this offseason and shape the fit of the Cavs roster to put them in closer to contention next season.

Celtics need their 3rd guy

They can aggregate brogdan, gallo and Pritchard to take back over 30m in salary to find that guy with 4 tradable firsts

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never the problem, but he also kind of got himself fired.

He didn't want Westbrook and he coached that way.

I don't believe Ham wanted Westbrook either. But he at least made a real effort to find a role for him and supported him publicly.

When that happened and they still weren't winning, Pelinka was able to tell Lebron and Klutch that "we tried it your way, now we're doing it my way".

I read he had his plan for Russ, Russ immediately rejected it and Vogel didn’t change it to pacify him

Vogel was right…

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can aggregate brogdan, gallo and Pritchard to take back over 30m in salary to find that guy with 4 tradable firsts
Yeah but I think they have enough guys. Fallijg apart in the 4th and Mazzula just not great like Spo. It seems every year this team has enough and tbf they got to the Finals last year.
Who could be the 3rd option they trade for?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but I think they have enough guys. Fallijg apart in the 4th and Mazzula just not great like Spo. It seems every year this team has enough and tbf they got to the Finals last year.
Who could be the 3rd option they trade for?

That’s the thing

They’ve done this through 3 coaches

The odds they’re all bad coaches is astoundingly low

Especially when one is Brad Stevens

I’m not sure who that guy would be.

Depends who wants to blow it up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the thing

They’ve done this through 3 coaches

The odds they’re all bad coaches is astoundingly low

Especially when one is Brad Stevens

I’m not sure who that guy would be.

Depends who wants to blow it up.
Not fair to compare all coaches bc different years and different contenders. Last year it was the W’s but they were beatable.
Another year the Bucks were ridiculous.
The young team got hit by the Lebron train but either way they would face the superteam in the Finals.

This was their best chance. Last year I would say was a really good shot but they faced a veteran dynasty

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not fair to compare all coaches bc different years and different contenders. Last year it was the W’s but they were beatable.
The young team got hit by the Lebron train but either way they would face the superteam in the Finals.

This was their best chance. Last year I would say was a really good shot but they faced a veteran dynasty

The bubble was their best chance

They did this all over the bubble

Jaylen brown ending kemba’s career vs Toronto was a major factor, but still, that was their year

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The core was always Tatum brown for them

And smart

Those constants were there

I thought white and brog would each make a difference

But somehow it hasn’t been enough

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan Poole!