• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to set the expectations low, lol.
How far are you thinking the youngest starting lineup in the league who has had their best player half a season should go?

I could agree maybe didn't need to be said as he was really only speaking to the irrational, emotional fans who don't get how the NBA works.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A play-in game or two is not a real playoff series. They didn’t have to fight out a true playoff series. I think the goal is to gain homecourt and win a series. He isn’t saying more can’t come but to expect to be a championship contender with all these other teams with a ton of playoff experience is not realistic. He is being real
Yep. Play in and playoffs are two different animals. How do you adjust to playing the same guys back to back and the way schemes are adjusted to what you like to do. It takes growing pains.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they setting them low? It seems like they understand that they’re in a multi-year process. Can you remember a team with a core as young as the Cavs winning an NBA championship? I can’t. Outside of Mitchell who has had experience of playoff series?
Exactly....I mean, a few have been in playoffs such as Allen, Levert, now Danny Green, but this comment was mostly made in regard to irrational, emotional fans and media who couldn't fathom a team this young only had the 5th best record in the NBA and might not win a title in year 1 with the current best player on the team....and had gone through a bit of a slump, as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio, Lopez, Green...

Cavs did technically play in the playoffs last year (albeit briefly).

That roster is loaded. To publicly disarm any expectations is to let them off the hook already expecting failure, pretty pathetic IMO.

As far as being young, are we also discrediting the Grizz, Pels, Kings, Blazers, Hawks, Knicks, TWolves, etc? In fact, entering the 22/23 season the Cavs were the 9th oldest roster in the league.
Yes, because guys like Lopez, Rubio, Love, etc. brought it down. But the Cavs have the youngest starting lineup/core in the NBA. In addition, they have the 5th best record in the league.

How far were you thinking they should go this year under those circumstances? I mean, should they break it up if they don't finish ahead of the Bucks, Cs and Philly or lose to one in the playoffs?

say you don't understand how the NBA works without saying you don't understand how the NBA works (to be fair, JB's comments were directed at this type of person so I guess you).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I saw nothing wrong with the comments. By contention I think he means championship contender or bust. No reason to put pressure on young guys but also it’s not like he is saying they can’t win.
Right.....sure, whenever the season ends it will be a disappointment no matter how far we go, but to a realistic fan the expectations of any more than a first round playoff win was unrealistic (doesn't mean they could get beyond that).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and so far the Cavs have even passed the Grizz.
I don’t know if all that is the case. We have to see them in playoff series competition to really gauge where they are right now. The regular season is a different animal from playoffs. I have learned this the hard way with the Sixers. 3 seed, 3 seed, 4 seed, 1 seed, 4 seed, current 3 seed…and yet it has all ended in season over in round 2. You know this from LeBron Cavs. It didn’t matter their seed, LeBron would have them in the finals.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....zion as well

:laugh3:

LeBron gets blamed for everything. Gotta say that's some hate-hate-hate on Screamin' A's part.

Maybe next LeBron can be solely blamed for missed and/or bad calls by refs?

So you think LeBron & Zion have ruined the dunk contest? Okay where's your issue wit Ja? It was said during A.S. weekend he'll never be part of the event.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know if all that is the case. We have to see them in playoff series competition to really gauge where they are right now. The regular season is a different animal from playoffs. I have learned this the hard way with the Sixers. 3 seed, 3 seed, 4 seed, 1 seed, 4 seed, current 3 seed…and yet it has all ended in season over in round 2. You know this from LeBron Cavs. It didn’t matter their seed, LeBron would have them in the finals.
All true...was only basing it on current standings. No doubt we have no clue what to expect from this group in the playoffs....assuming they make it.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron gets blamed for everything. Gotta say that's some hate-hate-hate on Screamin' A's part.

So you think LeBron & Zion have ruined the dunk contest? Okay where's your issue wit Ja? It was said during A.S. weekend he'll never be part of the event.

Iirc Lebron has been pretty consistent in shitting on the dunk contest during his career.

But yeah, the stars all backing out is what did it

But Lebron was a key cog in that as well

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those 2 are bigger names when it comes to dunks even before they got to the nba. People saw what Bron did in HS and what zion was doing in HS & Duke and expected them to be on the big stage on all star saturday night at least once.....ja only became a big time known dunker since entering the league

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true...was only basing it on current standings. No doubt we have no clue what to expect from this group in the playoffs....assuming they make it.
No doubt in my mind they make it. Wouldn’t be surprised if they can rise to a 3 seed. Sixers second half schedule is rough and the Cavs schedule they say rates as one of the easier remaining schedules. More importantly, they have a ton of talent. They can test teams with Mitchell and Garland off the dribble and they defend seemingly every night out.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 2 are bigger names when it comes to dunks even before they got to the nba. People saw what Bron did in HS and what zion was doing in HS & Duke and expected them to be on the big stage on all star saturday night at least once.....ja only became a big time known dunker since entering the league

Kinda odd you gotta issue with LeBron & Zion but not Ja. And your reasoning for not having the same problem with Ja makes no sense. So what if people didn't know about Ja in H.S. like they did about LeBron & Ja? Why should his refusal to enter the dunk contest be treaded differently?

Last edited: