• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022-2023 NBA Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game for Sixers and Cavs tonight. Watching Bucks vs Celtics last night, I’m reminded that in both the standings and in a pecking order sizing up the teams, the Sixers are a lot closer to the Cavs than they are the Bucks and Celtics. The good news for the Cavs and Sixers is that likely makes them a top 5-6 team in the league. Cavs and Sixers have only played once so far this year and it was Cavs shellacking on their home floor. For the most part, Sixers should be healthy with all of their group playing. Potentially PJ Tucker may not play but I read that he will go. Embiid is listed as questionable for like 40 out of the first 57 contests so not much of a hint in that designation.
was gonna ask about Embiid as putting a few parlays together.....he's listed in them which usually means they know the guy is going.

Definitely curious to see how the Cavs look in this test for them.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. They won the title, made some roster changes that most agreed made them better, went up 2-1 on the Suns, then AD went out with injury...then they did the Westbrook trade.

Cavs continued to get to the finals? Since Lebron left? What year was that?

The mistake stated trading the superior player (green) and a first for Schroeder

I don’t dislike schroeder, but green was rhe perfect fit there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they needed to win the lottery 3 times to make it happen…
definitely took some lottery luck (and being home to a decent player). However, THIS time around we had some pretty bad luck and seem to have made it work.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Meh, I called you stupid first...so I had it coming.

We've been posting together for too many years to be bothered by that stuff.

I mean shit, you were a Heat fan when we started posting. :heh:
Could have just banned me and called it a day. I mean, kissed and made up.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston has to be proud. Went down to the wire without 4 of their 5 starters. Not a must win for any team but it would have been a letdown for MIL
was sure starting to be reminiscent of our game vs. GS.....good for them for pulling it out, though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. They won the title, made some roster changes that most agreed made them better, went up 2-1 on the Suns, then AD went out with injury...then they did the Westbrook trade.

Cavs continued to get to the finals? Since Lebron left? What year was that?
while he was there....made it all 4 years in part 2 if you hadn't heard.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was gonna ask about Embiid as putting a few parlays together.....he's listed in them which usually means they know the guy is going.

Definitely curious to see how the Cavs look in this test for them.
He has the exact same designation as he has had the 8 or so games and he played in all of them. That said, with the rumors of him sitting out the all star game to heal if he were to make that decision he couid sit this one I guess.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star players can convince management to sign guys but those are pretty rare and it's usually only the superstars so overall I disagree. For example, Cuban definitely went to Luka before the Kyrie trade and asked him if he would like to play with him but that makes sense. You want your best players filled in on most, not everything but most.
First off Cuban should have asked the state of Texas if the wanted that headcase.

Second, my bad, I was referring to just the superstar, which imo, are very rare.. and while on topic, am I the only one go think’s Giannis ain’t one? Now go easy cause I haven’t seen much of him, but what I have seen ehhhh. I find him a little bit muscle bound. Last night, he drove to hoop, used his left and ball bounces of backboard ended up at foul line.. exaggeration yes, but he really wasn’t contested.

Still think superstars control league. LEBRON

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again, no surprise

It ain’t teams that make moves. It’s the players !

The players make the decision on what team suits them and who their supporting cast will be.

You ain’t winning a title without super stars and they call all the shots. Not the team.

Owners and mgmt are nuttin but puppets today.

That has almost nothing to do with what I wrote.

Congrats.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Cuban should have asked the state of Texas if the wanted that headcase.

Second, my bad, I was referring to just the superstar, which imo, are very rare.. and while on topic, am I the only one go think’s Giannis ain’t one? Now go easy cause I haven’t seen much of him, but what I have seen ehhhh. I find him a little bit muscle bound. Last night, he drove to hoop, used his left and ball bounces of backboard ended up at foul line.. exaggeration yes, but he really wasn’t contested.

Giannis has 2 MVPs and led the Milwaukee Bucks to a title.

If he isn’t a superstar, nobody is.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please tell me you meant to type Thannis?

Freak is the best player in the NBA.

If he isn’t a superstar, nobody else is either.

This is some reckless shit, my guy.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 144,125.97
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me you meant to type Thannis?

Freak is the best player in the NBA.

If he isn’t a superstar, nobody else is either.

This is some reckless shit, my guy.
Wtf, I mean that’s some (insert any derogatory adjective) stuff

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so thanks to this Twitter account for giving Jarrett Allen bulletin board shit for tonight’s game. Much appreciated.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game for Sixers and Cavs tonight. Watching Bucks vs Celtics last night, I’m reminded that in both the standings and in a pecking order sizing up the teams, the Sixers are a lot closer to the Cavs than they are the Bucks and Celtics. The good news for the Cavs and Sixers is that likely makes them a top 5-6 team in the league. Cavs and Sixers have only played once so far this year and it was Cavs shellacking on their home floor. For the most part, Sixers should be healthy with all of their group playing. Potentially PJ Tucker may not play but I read that he will go. Embiid is listed as questionable for like 40 out of the first 57 contests so not much of a hint in that designation.
It's been so long I can't even remember that game lol. They did a pretty good job on Embiid but Harden and Maxey were out. I had to look back. This is going to be a tough game especially since CLE isn't good on the road.